Postings by Daphne

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Behavior & Training > My Dog Is Part Chicken?
Daphne

Happy New Year!

Barked: Sat Apr 17, '10 12:56pm PST 
That is so incredibly sweet! Thanks for sharing!big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mikey, Apr 17 1:12 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Can they do this?
Daphne

Happy New Year!

Barked: Thu Apr 1, '10 1:01pm PST 
That does sound crazy. I would check into this further before getting too worried. It sounds like maybe they are trying to prevent dogs from leaving their unfenced yards and if they are tied up they can't leave their property. But I can't really see how to enforce a general law that says all dogs have to be leashed even on their own property. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 10 2:51 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Are we \"breed obsessed\"? When we don\'t know--do we need to know?

Daphne

Happy New Year!

Barked: Sun Mar 28, '10 1:12pm PST 
My dogs are all mutts-their breeds are really only guesses. In our area we call them "Florida Brown Dogs" or in my case I have 2 Florida Brown Dogs, 1 Florida Brindle Dog and 1 Florida Black Dog! snoopy

I personally don't need to spend $ on a dog DNA test-I am just happy to have 4 sweet furry family members-whatever breeds they may be. snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Apr 2 11:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Bahavior Change

Daphne

Happy New Year!

Barked: Sat Mar 20, '10 12:45pm PST 
When I just had Scooby and Daphne, Daphne was the silly goof dog and Scooby was the leader. When Scooby died-Daphne very quickly started displaying Scooby's old behaviors. It was almost like since Scooby was gone-Daphne felt she needed to take over her role. I have since added 3 more dogs to our family and Daphne has remained the "leader" of the pack.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Skippy RIP 2002-2014, Mar 20 1:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Sundown Syndrome in Dogs???

Daphne

Happy New Year!

Barked: Sat Mar 20, '10 7:38am PST 
I have heard of this in elderly dogs and even in cats too. A friend adopted an old cat who cried off and on when the sun started to go down and sometimes during the night. Her vet told her to give the cat plenty of exercise during the day (playing with some new toys, etc) and put her in a small confined crate or animal carrier at night. She did much better in the animal carrier. She kept the carrier in her bedroom at night too. Maybe when animals get old and confused they feel more secure in a small crate instead of being "lost" in a big house. And they usually want to be near their people too.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Dahlia, Nov 17 7:01 pm

Puppy Place > Hello!
Daphne

Happy New Year!

Barked: Sat Mar 13, '10 12:53pm PST 
Hi Ollie!
Welcome to Dogster!blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Luna, Mar 13 5:16 pm

Puppy Place > Some people come up with the weirdest pet products

Daphne

Happy New Year!

Barked: Sun Nov 29, '09 1:11pm PST 
eek That is funny-thanks for sharing!laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Nov 30 7:02 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Shopping for dog bowls

Daphne

Happy New Year!

Barked: Sat Nov 28, '09 12:40pm PST 
With my 4 big pups (who each have their own food bowl) I use the stainless steel kind just from the pet store. Ceramic ones always seemed to chip or break, and the plastic ones get chewed too easily. puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Coco, Dec 2 5:42 am

Grooming > How many large breeds go to groomers?

Daphne

Happy New Year!

Barked: Wed Nov 25, '09 1:00pm PST 
I have 4 large dogs and I do all of their grooming myself. But I know a few people with Golden Retreivers who get their dogs professionally groomed reguarly. Also a friend with German Shepherds. My dogs have short fur-but if I had dogs with longer thicker fur I would want to get them groomed.
Good luck with the job!big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Moira, Dec 20 7:18 am

Grooming > Cleaning the collars?
Daphne

Happy New Year!

Barked: Mon Nov 23, '09 1:03pm PST 
I toss the collars in a lingerie bag (the mesh kind you use to wash delicates) and they go right through the washing machine every few weeks. I just hang them up to dry. I also toss their harnesses and leashes in every month or so.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lily, Nov 28 4:24 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.