GO!

Grooming > Removing the undercoat

Paddy

Paddy, my sweet- best friend

Barked: Sat Apr 3, '10 12:28pm PST 
I have a Bolognese with a thick wooley coat. the hair is extremely fine., with no undercoat. most all North American breeds have a soft undercoat and a coarser outer coat. So, I think the Pom must also have that 2 tier coat. For my bolo. I rely on a heavy brass comb that is coated in chrome and has both wide and narrow teeth. the comb is around 7 inches. I start with the wide tooth end and work it slowly while brushing deeper, always being gentle and thinking about your dogs comfort. you have to be relaxed, take your time., I like to go outside and enjoy the sun and comb him there. Twice a day in short sessions is what it takes but you must work it all over to make sure there are no snags. I use a clipper and shave some of his underside around the privates, and also clipper out a little in the back for hygiene.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 6 5:19 pm

Bolognese > Bolognese Grooming information
Paddy

Barked: Sat Apr 3, '10 12:02pm PST 
this small white very cute dog is not known in North America. Over the last three years I have gotten to know and love this breed.
They have a wonderful nature, disposition, and make an ideal companion for the right person or family. If anybody wants to ask questions about all things peculiar to this breed let me know and I will offer you what I've learned thru my personal experience with my bolo boy. Soon, I will take some more pics and even some video of him as he looks now as he has reached full maturity and is 3 years old.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 3 12:02 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > "PUPPY MILLS" ON OPRAH

Paddy

Barked: Sat Apr 5, '08 10:48am PST 
oh boy....missed it. and i LOVE the oprah show. have to tell my boss to check out utube for any clips of that show.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 7:49 am

Dog Health > dog ate some poo

Paddy

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '07 9:16am PST 
has anybody any experience they can share with me.
I believe my small bolognese he is only about 6 lbs,
he got into some toilet paper that was apparently soiled with human feces. He ate some of it it appears.
He was whining from 2 a.m this morning. He upchucked a few times, not eating or drinking, shaking, not moving about at all, not himself. Will
he recover by himself, ? how long?, is there anything I can give him to help him?, any advice needed right away as it is now xmas eve and this could throw all our xmas plans in the toilet ...so to speak...help!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 27 6:22 am

Bolognese > scratching and sniffing my bed

Paddy

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '07 10:06am PST 
Hi,

well, puppy is reached nine months ending December 2007. He is looking much more like his adult parents, and has filled out and grown, he has only reached about a maximum of 6 lbs. He is a poof ball with his beautiful "flocking" crimped long locks of soft white single coat hair. Anyway, the thing I wanted to talk about, is when I put him on my bed, often he will dig with his front paws and sniff around. How can I get him to stop digging on my duvet? I love to have him up on my bed.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 11 10:29 am

Bolognese > small indoor dog diet
Paddy

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 2:35pm PST 
I want to switch him from fast growth puppy food to a adult diet for toy breeds in order to minimize further growth...can u recommend what adult dry food for a very small dog with relatively low activity level. and he has a long single coat of hair called "flocking". that I want to be silky and soft.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 6 12:24 pm

Dog Health > Harness vs. Regular Collar on Big Dog

Paddy

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 12:08pm PST 
I have one bad arm and hand. it makes it quite difficult to secure a puppy with long hair and little patience. any advice for me as to what products I could use for an easy harness with easy to attach lead? thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jul 23 7:10 pm

Dog Health > Ear Cleaning

Paddy

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 11:51am PST 
my pup has wax. it is not a ear infection and not really smelly. It is brown and caked on the inner ear and some deeper in the ear canal. He holds one ear open, so I am assuming he may have some discomfort? I have a solution the vet gave me to squirt in his ear, but paddy hates the feeling of wet ear and shakes it out. how can I get the dog to accept a few ear drops and does anybody have any advice about cleaning a waxy ear of a puppy?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 23 5:09 am

Dog Health > What is the BEST flea/heartworm preventative?

Paddy

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 11:46am PST 
I just recently acquired Paddy, a small bolognese puppy. In mid June
I applied Revolution, and again in July, and will do once more in August.
this is the height of the mosquito season here. my pups coat is very white so I can easily see when fleas are jumping up from the grass onto his coat, but then they try and jump off and sometime get caught in his hair, so I have to gently remove them so that they don't get squashed. anyway, the Revolution ( and my pup is only a few pounds ), seems to be working effectively to do all it claims to. I am keeping my fingers crossed for continued success with this product.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 23 9:55 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.