GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Dog Health > Can dogs get hiccups?
Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Thu Oct 23, '08 9:03am PST 
I’m glad that Nanook is feeling fine.
You may still be a little “gun shy” from the loss of your other dog.
It can take a little time for that kind of anxiety to subside.
Now that’s not to say that if you see what you think is an odd behavior—to ignore it.
You’re absolutely right.
As hiccups go--we’ve had a couple of gassy dogs.
The hiccups would happen when they ate or drank too fast—gulping air.
Happy Birthday Soon Nanook!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Berinhard, Oct 23 9:35 am

Dog Health > Side effects from Worms
Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Tue Oct 21, '08 11:54am PST 
Riley,
Our nails can definitely be an indicator of a health condition. You can tell various dietary shortcomings in the nail—for example, zinc deficiency often shows up as white lines on a human’s nail bed.
Parasites could definitely make you malnourished.
Since your Mama got rid of the parasites, do you seem to be feeling better?
Overall, how are you doing?
Otherwise, you may just have dry nails & probably a little dandruff from dry skin too if that’s the case. Have your Mom add a little good quality flax seed & or fish oil to your diet. You just may need a little more Omega 3’s & 6’s than what you’ve been getting.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Angus, Oct 21 11:54 am

Dog Health > DAP (Dog Appeasing Pheromone) for Dogs

Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '08 11:12am PST 
Rusty,
Don't throw that thing out yet.
I may be paw mailin ya soon, bud.
Thanks,
Angus
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scooter, Apr 18 3:35 am

Behavior & Training > DAP (Dog Appeasing Pheromone) for Dogs

Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '08 10:18am PST 
Have any of you had any experience with this product in any of its forms (diffuser, spray or collar)? What was your situation & how did it work/not work for you?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Stella "Blue", Apr 17 6:36 pm

Dog Health > DAP (Dog Appeasing Pheromone) for Dogs

Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '08 10:18am PST 
Have any of you had any experience with this product in any of its forms (diffuser, spray or collar)? What was your situation & how did it work/not work for you?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Scooter, Apr 18 3:35 am

Dog Health > Dogs eating bird poop?
Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '08 12:59pm PST 
As long as you’ve had Flash for a while & you know he’s ok—her Duchessness will be fine. We use to raise birds & our dogs always loved grazing around the bird cages. And with parrot poop, she can brag to all her friends about the “exotic” poop she gets to eat.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Angus, Apr 10 12:59 pm

Dog Health > spay

Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 12:58pm PST 
Hey Riley, you're a pretty girl!
Mom's not mad at shelters & we know there has to be precautions, but how many people get back to shelters & rescues 1, 2, 3 & 4 years down the road to let them know how they were getting on?
A few might at first. We did. But it took time for things to start going wrong.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Kobe, Apr 2 11:18 pm

Dog Health > spay

Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 12:34pm PST 
Thanks, Sydney,
By the way...I think that Addy & Monty are pretty much right on, on their age ranges.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Kobe, Apr 2 11:18 pm

Dog Health > spay

Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 11:43am PST 
Never let anyone talk you into altering a prepubescent animal. Hormones are vital to the proper growth & development of virtually everything in our bodies. Animals are no different. I don’t care what statistics the new & upcoming mouth pieces are spouting off, but I can tell you from my own personal experience that it’s NOT OK to alter an 8 week old puppy. Angus was 8 weeks old when he was neutered by his rescue. We got him the day after surgery. He did not have his testicles long enough to make the essential hormones necessary to develop properly & had to have a surgery called a urethrostomy at 7 months because his penile bone was flimsy & I couldn’t extend out of the sheath to urinate.
What they do in a urethrostomy is they splice open the urethra, cut a hole through the belly to the outside, sew the urethra to the sides of that hole & then they have to urinate through that surgical site for the rest of their lives. The surgery is scary, bloody & the recovery time is long & painful.
Another issue our family is facing right now, because he was altered too soon is that he is having orthopedic issues. Growth plates don’t grow together the way they should. Time & unfortunately injury & illness are all starting to show that these dogs are more prone to serious ailments than those allowed to grow & keep their hormones longer. Many of these dogs are now at an age where they are showing the ugly side of spaying & neutering too early because organizations & groups were spouting off that it’s ok when they hadn’t been doing it long enough to really know.
Six months is not too long to wait to be certain that your dog won’t have to have surgery or risk bone cancer (which they’re showing to be at a much higher incidence for).
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Kobe, Apr 2 11:18 pm

Dog Health > Lichen Sclerosus & Urethostromy
Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '08 5:48am PST 
Has anyone has personal experience with their pet’s urethostromy site growing what looks like a thin membrane over top of it? He’s 2 years post-op. I was looking up the symptoms & it looks like it could very well be lichen sclerosus. Naturally, I have a call in to the vet & will surely take him in for a physical exam.
Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Angus, Mar 26 5:48 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.