Postings by Blu

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Dog Laws & Legislation > I need help or advice..anything...
Blu

Can you hear me- NOW?

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '07 8:38am PST 
Have you had any luck with Blue? I just saw your post on your page and am sad to hear that story. Please let me know what happened.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Blu, Nov 5 8:38 am

Behavior & Training > is it me or are there more trolls around here lately?
Blu

Can you hear me- NOW?

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '07 10:18am PST 
That is so funny, cause I was just thinking that there are some really pissy people on internet forums. Especially here, where 99.9% of the dogowners are nice and friendly. It's nice to have a name to call them for what they are, and if I notice others, I will try to report them. Who needs the negativity anyway?!?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Gio, Aug 23 10:18 am

Behavior & Training > Mommy needs advice

Blu

Can you hear me- NOW?

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '07 8:14am PST 
Ugh! What a nightmare for your mom! I'm sure she feels badly enough leaving you at home let alone having a crabby, heartless neighbor complain that you are barking a little.

I agree that maybe you call whomever it was that your neighbor said they would tattle to and find out if they have any recommendations for you. At least this way, you will be getting to them first which will let them know you are just trying to do your best. Dogs don't like to be alone, and if it's for a short while, no one can blame you. Unless the shopping center allows dogs, what else can you do?!?

Unfortunately, you seem to have a neighbor who needs to be avoided at ALL costs. We're lucky that we have great neighbors, but even luckier that my pups don't bark unless defending the house from inside. We have other neighbors with dogs who are CONSTANTLY barking and they keep them outside ALL DAY LONG. I totally don't agree with that, but why pick battles with someone you have to live next to...

Good luck and it sounds like you are doing the best you can. Eventually, it will get better.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by rio catalina, Jul 26 12:56 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Are you spoiled? What\'s the last thing you got?

Blu

Can you hear me- NOW?

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '07 2:48pm PST 
It is so wonderful to see so many "spoiled" pets!! There are far too many who don't get as good of treatment! cry

I happen to be on the "spoiled" list, too:

4 new teething chews (you can freeze them)
Dried liver treats
2 puppy kongs
Kong stuff
this awesome pet bed
a new water dispenser (the pump kind)
and...

A SWIMMING POOL!!! Yep, a pool just for us DOGS! This stupid human baby thought the pool was for her, so I had to share while she visited, but it's all mine now!!!

I'm pretty sure my mommy loves me a lot!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Belle, Aug 2 4:49 pm

Dogo Argentino > Thor, my first encounter with a Dogo!

Blu

Can you hear me- NOW?

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 10:12am PST 
Last night, I met one of the sweetest dogs named Thor. I incorrectly thought he was an abnormally giant pitbull. His very nice owner corrected me and told me about this breed that I had never heard of prior to last night. Talk about a sweet, gentle, affectionate big lug!

I am very glad and fortunate that I was able to meet one of the breed's sweet ambassadors! Yea for Dogos!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Braddock, Mar 7 8:55 pm

Puppy Place > Potty training reversing!!! NO!
Blu

Can you hear me- NOW?

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 8:30am PST 
2 days in a row and we're still doing okay!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sophie Bean Schnoodle, Jul 29 3:29 pm

Puppy Place > Neuter Scooter...

Blu

Can you hear me- NOW?

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 8:19am PST 
The primary concern about eating before surgery is that general anesthesia causes nausea and vomiting. If the patient vomits while being anesthetized, there is a risk that the vomit could be aspirated into the lungs.

Talk to your vet to make sure it's okay. They may want to hold off till another day.

What a sly pup you have!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 5:09 am

Dog Health > Help! Can eating a GINORMOUS insect cause intestinal parasites??

Blu

Can you hear me- NOW?

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 3:50pm PST 
I gotta say, I think it's a cockroach. They're known to survive through EVERYTHING, including nuclear bombs. It really looked to me like a Palmetto Bug...definitely too large to be a German.

Anyway, I would be cautious when it comes to internal parasites. All the research and questions to my vet have told me that there are a lot of things that can pass through the stomach into the intestinal linings and create problems. Of course, the rice looking things could be the eggs of the beast (if it was a female).

But, coccidia...an internal parasite...can be transmitted when a dog eats an infected carrier. So, the stomach isn't as powerful as I once thought.

Best bet, go see your vet...bring in a stool sample AND the bug remains and see what they have to say. Better to be safe than sorry. I really don't understand bugs and dogs. Bob LOVES to eat bees and get stung!
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Phoebe, Jul 21 7:11 pm

Puppy Place > Neuter Scooter...

Blu

Can you hear me- NOW?

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 3:29pm PST 
Good luck!! You'll be just fine. Of all the dogs I have owned, known and cared for, the only change after altering was for the best! I knew (and have...not naming names here) some obnoxious boys, but once they were fixed they were sweet, good, calm puppies. Bob...OOPS...was a PITA until he saw the vet. After his recovery, he was a much more relaxed dog...as far as Heelers go.

Plus, they tend to be less aggressive and just all around happier. It SO does not change what you love about them. And, you will have her around a lot longer to love since, statistically speaking, altered dogs don't run the risk of ovarian or prostate cancer.

Mom-she'll be just fine, just make sure she has a lot of down time so the stitches don't rip!!
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 5:09 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > NFL Commissioner's Phone Number!
Blu

Can you hear me- NOW?

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 11:15am PST 
I got the same damned response from Nike. I wrote back saying I hope they reconsider their choice to aide a criminal.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Otis, Jul 20 7:19 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.