Postings by Darby Queen

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I am afraid the time is here....
Darby Queen

Adopt from- rescue, please!

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 4:05pm PST 
We are so sorry for what you are going through. We too have been there, too often and it is never easy. Remember that is to us to insure the best quality of life we can for our fur babies. It may not be easy, but it may be right. We are all here for you. Big Papillon hugs to you.

hughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 25 6:33 am

Raw Food Diet > Why are vets not supportive of Raw diets?
Darby Queen

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 3:57pm PST 
We go to a hollistic vet that thank goodness doesn't even sell commercial dog food. She is all for raw but didn't know much about it. After exchanging emails and articles and other information, her dogs are on a modified raw now. She is so great for us because raw is what cured my dog's IBD. We couldn't eat kibble of any kind without her getting very ill. Since we have been on raw, no more porblems and she is doing great.

We are a great example of the benefits of both the RPM and BARF. I think with anything new, it just takes time for people to get educated. Hang in there and good luck with raw!

cheercheersnoopysnoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Brody, Mar 26 8:04 am

Raw Food Diet > I have some questions please

Darby Queen

Barked: Wed Mar 12, '08 5:39pm PST 
Hi Jessica! We are all Papillons here and all on raw. My 6 month old puppy up to my 5 year old, all on raw. My other Papillon is actually on raw BECAUSE of her IBD. We struggled with is for months until I switched her to raw. We havent had one episode since, 5 months now. Teeth are cleaner, coat is shinier. Over all, totally happy Pappys. The puppy started on chicken and is now eating venison, lamb, rabbit and salmon.

I spend about $1.50 a day on my 3 but I really look for good deals and buy in bulk. They eat a lot of Salmon. I have a freind who is a commercial fisherman in WA that sends me whole fish.

I really love raw for my guys. We travel ALOT and I can feed them anywhere we go and don't have to worry about carrying bags of food with us. I actually asked for a raw chicken wing one time in the airport when we had a lay over. I went to Chilis and ordered hot wings and asked for 1 raw one for the dog. I put it in her pet carrier and she chowed down. The guy to tried to argue at first that they can't sell anything that is raw but he finally gave in. Darby is very persuading! laugh out loud Hope this helps.

GO RAW!!!!!

snoopycheersnoopycheersnoopycheersnoopycheersnoopycheer
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Meridian, Mar 13 10:25 am

Get Well Soon > Lily Died Last Night :'(

Darby Queen

Barked: Wed Mar 12, '08 4:30pm PST 
We are so sorry Lily. We will miss you so much.

hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Muffyn, Apr 15 6:50 pm

Raw Food Diet > Pictures of the girls eating raw.

Darby Queen

Barked: Wed Mar 12, '08 4:23pm PST 
I'm sorry I missed them. I am curious how messy that is. My guys are all white and it gets all over their fur. Oh well, guess HQ knows best.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Tessa Sue~*In loving memory*~, Mar 15 4:32 pm

Raw Food Diet > oops...Molly got into organs!
Darby Queen

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 6:34pm PST 
Elvis, what did you mean, "Go ahead with the pumpkin"? Does that help them digest richer foods or help them in some other way?

thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Meridian, Mar 9 9:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > Attention! Attention! P4P offers free shipping!!

Darby Queen

Barked: Wed Mar 5, '08 4:53pm PST 
Orson, we filled our shopping cart and then had to walk away and make dinner. Haven't hit the order button yet. Did they not take the shipping off? Uh oh.... My cart is up to $182 already. eek
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Winnie, Mar 6 3:57 pm

Raw Food Diet > Attention! Attention! P4P offers free shipping!!

Darby Queen

Barked: Wed Mar 5, '08 4:08pm PST 
WOOHOO!!! cheercheercheer
We ordered a TON of stuff. That is too good to be true, free shipping! Thank you Prey4pets! My pups will be so happy!

snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Winnie, Mar 6 3:57 pm

Raw Food Diet > How much is it costing you?

Darby Queen

Barked: Wed Mar 5, '08 4:05pm PST 
OMD!!! CROSS POST!! Check out http://www.prey4pets.com/servlet/StoreFront

Free shipping on orders of $100 or more! WOOHOO!!!!

cheersnoopycheersnoopycheersnoopyeekeek
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Darby Queen, Mar 5 4:05 pm

Raw Food Diet > How much is it costing you?
Darby Queen

Barked: Wed Mar 5, '08 3:53pm PST 
I have my Papillons on raw and we get some really great deals from both of our local grocery butchers. Once I told them what I was looking for and why, they call me when they have "scraps". I have gotten turkey necks whole for .25C a peice, meaty bones for .50C and even a whole beef liver for .50C. Mostly I get stuff that is going out of date and I can get it for 75% or more off. The local organic store does the same and I can get some really great stuff.

I still pay full price for the green tripe but my average for both dogs is about .45C a day. Lamb can be a little more and venison is super hard for me to find in Dallas so that is more expensive. I am still averaging less than .50C a day. Like summer pointed out, there are other financial benefits. I put my foster Pap on raw and he has gotten back to his optimum weight and doesn't need his teeth cleaned now. When I got him he did need them cleaned and I opted to wait and see. 2 months later, no teeth cleaning and he is soooo much healthier.

Then there is the poo (I know, I know) factor. My Pap has IBD and we tried evrything before raw. We were at the vet every week with runny, bloody and mucussy poo. Since raw, haven't been once and she is sooo much happier. Plus the poo is smaller, hard and less frequent. Just some things to think about when looking at price. Hope that helps.
snoopysnoopysnoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Darby Queen, Mar 5 4:05 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.