Postings by Pongo

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Food & Nutrition > Bully sticks
Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '07 12:54pm PST 
Have you tried the braided sticks? They are for the more agressive chewers... Daddy always says I could chew my way through an anvil, but the real thick braided sticks last me a LONG time... Usually a few hours minimum... way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Bambi, Nov 9 12:37 pm

Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '07 7:42am PST 
Ohh, and for those wondering exactly how it's made in a little more detail...

Basically after slaughtering a hog, you take all the left overs and throw it in a huge pot with water... (as Naya pointed out, feet, head, tails, etc... whatever is left... Once all the "flesh" has boiled off the bones, you straing all the bones out... Essentially you're making a "pork stock"...

Then you just add corn meal, spices, etc... The corn meal thickens it, and as said, it can be formed into blocks, which can later be cut into smaller, more managable bricks....

Slices are cut off the brick and pan fried on low heat until crispy on the outside....

dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Bambi, Nov 9 12:37 pm

Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '07 7:37am PST 
Ummm Scrapple... Fried up extra black and crispy served on a sammich with miracle whip... dancing

and Naya, Rapa is good, but NOTHING beats the scrapple made from one of the local butchers here... Believe it or not, Rapa almost can't even be considered scrapple... The Rapa factory is about 4 miles from where I live, and a good friend of mine works in the office there. Believe it or not, but almost all the meat they put in their scrapple is actually very high quality and "normal"... No faces, brains, eyeballs or anything like that... wink

The local butcher on the other hand... Makes it the old fashioned way... Literally with EVERYTHING left over after butchering the hog... It's also loaded with Sage and is the best stuff on the planet!!! cloud 9

As far as bully sticks... We used bestbullysticks for our last order... We were a little disappointed with the scent compared to our normal brand (Red Barn), these were considerably more stinky, but from what I've heard, still nowhere near as bad as other improperly dried ones...
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Bambi, Nov 9 12:37 pm

Dog Health > Whats your favorite Flea Med and why?

Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '07 1:44pm PST 
Advantage is good, but doesn't protect against ticks... I like Frontline Plus, but my issue with it was that it KILLS fleas and ticks, but doesn't repel them... I'd still get fleas and ticks on me, even if they were dying, mommy still thought it was gross.. laugh out loud

I use K9 Advantix and love it since it kills and repels ticks, mosquitos, and of course fleas... It may not be great if you have cats in the household, but otherwise it's wonderful! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Quinndred Spirit, Aug 16 3:12 am

Dog Health > Ears

Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '07 7:47am PST 
laugh out loud Same yeast, different place... wink Yeast infections (in the ears) are common in dogs...
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Gomez CGC , CFP, Aug 10 3:02 pm

Behavior & Training > OK, put your thinking caps on, I need some help...
Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '07 7:16am PST 
I just noticed in your profile you are from florida! Check out http://www.omnihypnosis.com/ Even if Jerry won't work with you himself, I'm sure he probably has plenty of students local to you that he could direct you to.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 9 12:16 pm

Behavior & Training > OK, put your thinking caps on, I need some help...

Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '07 7:12am PST 
Just a thought... Have you considered hypno-anesthesia? The biggest problem is finding a GOOD hypno-therapist... About 70% of 'em out there are crappy, barely trained, and/or using techniques from the 20's and 30's... However, there are some who use more modern techniques and you'd be amazed at what can be accomplished...

Did you know that Hypnosis was approved in 1954 by the American Medical Association for use as an alternative to anesthesia for those allergic to chemical anethesia's, etc?

A good hypno-therapist can teach you a method of self-generating hypno-anestheisia any time you need it... It's really quite simple how it works... Before I mention it, you were probably completely unaware of the feeling of you feet on the floor or in your shoes/socks, etc.. but now you are... Our brain receives tons of signals that it "ignores" constantly... Using hypnosis you can teach it to ignore the pain signals it usually is so apt to point out! wink

If you do decide to look into this, one of my biggest recommendations would be to look for someone trained using Gerald Kein's pain management methods, or Jerry himself if you live anywhere near florida! You can also look for anyone trained in M. Ron Eslinger's methods of hypno-anesthesia... Either of these methods will have you COMPLETELY pain free for as long as it takes you to recover from your surgery. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 9 12:16 pm

Dog Health > Ears

Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '07 5:43am PST 
It's most likely not mites, but it's easy to find out if it is... Just use a cotton swap or q-tip (be careful with q-tips, don't go deep in his ear, just use it to "collect") to get some of the "gunk" in his ear and smear it on a piece of black paper... Watch it for a minute... If it's mites, you'll see very tiny (like pin head) size white specs moving away from the gunk on the paper...

More than likely it's a yeast infection, that's much more common in dogs...

I myself used to have a TERRIBLE problem with my ears... I would get yeast infections in them all the time... So bad that often times mommy and daddy would have to use a cleaning solution every day or every other day, and sometimes I'd STILL get them... Turns out, it was the food I was eating!!! (Beneful)... Once they switched me to Canidae, my ears, along with several other problems cleared right up, and now mommy and daddy rarely ever clean my ears and they still are fine... snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Gomez CGC , CFP, Aug 10 3:02 pm

Dog Health > the mushrooms in the backyard!!!

Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '07 1:22pm PST 
Really glad she's okay, but in the future... Don't take any chances... shrooms are not to be taken lightly... Many mushrooms will NOT manifest signs/symptoms until it's FAR to late... With many (i.e. death caps, etc) by the time you noticed ANY symptoms there would be no chance of recovery...

ANY time your pup ingests mushrooms, unless you are VERY good at identifying fungus, induce vomiting immediately, then seek help right away...

Also, be advised that many mushrooms are NOT easily to indentify... Many poisoness varities are strikingly similar to completely harmless ones, sometimes there are only incrediably subtle differences and even experts can make mistakes!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Precious Bella, Jul 26 6:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > Canidae
Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '07 8:16am PST 
Huge Dal? You got nuffin on me... laugh out loud I'm 95lbs (was 102lbs but I'm on a diet) big laugh and mommy and daddy always laugh about how huge I am... They think somebody got confused and I'm not really pure.. Maybe part Mastiff? laugh out loud They always have to get things WAY bigger than the should... I used to have an agression problem with strangers, so mommy and daddy bought me a muzzle while rehabing me.. They originally bought the one that said it was for Dals... The large... Not happening.... big laugh They had to buy me the one that said it was for mastiffs, bernards, etc... laugh out loud Same with my doggie door... They had to buy the Extra Extra large door again for huge breeds, not the regular large that should have worked for dals, etc...

What can I say... I'm just big boned... shruglaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 24 3:21 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.