Postings by Cassie 6/9/2000-10/14/2012

GO!

(Page 1 of 46: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Sports & Agility > LOST agility dogs Please help!
Cassie- 6/9/2000-10/- 14/2012

Feed me!!!

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '12 6:30pm PST 
Hey folks, if you can help in any way it would be appreciated! There is a Facebook group "Help Elicia find her dogs!"

Elicia Calhoun was involved in a terrible accident in Arizona today. Two of her dogs are missing in the desert. Three are in the hospital. Unfortunately, I heard that one died on impact. I don't know who that is. Please, if you are anywhere near, please help Elicia find her dogs.

Two of her dogs are missing near Mile Marker 351 off the I-10 near Wilcox, Arizona. Please, keep an eye out for these poor dogs! Toby is a red/white border collie and Nika is a Merle-colored Aussie with only one eye and a tail.

She has limited cell power, But Carol McLaughlin has numbers of a few people who can contact her. Anyone can call me Carol at 714-875-2069 and she can get info forwarded. Elicia has checked herself out of the hospital to search for her dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jun 13 8:11 am

Raw Food Diet > Leaving Town - Will be Grinding

Feed me!!!

Barked: Mon Feb 7, '11 2:16pm PST 
I've ground and measured it out into cupcake tins and frozen it into portions. That way the kennel/boarder could just take one out of the baggie and feed it either thawed or frozen. And I froze their supplements into it so had a morning and evening bag.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Ginger Mystic and Pixie, Feb 11 3:30 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Rico did great today

Feed me!!!

Barked: Tue Feb 1, '11 8:07am PST 
Yay Rico!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Juno (SD), Feb 1 9:55 am

Sports & Agility > Woo hoo! Possible flyball here in the spring!

Feed me!!!

Barked: Sat Jan 22, '11 1:31pm PST 
One nice thing about flyball is that while focus is required it's really more short term. The dogs leaves the handler and returns somewhere between 3-10 seconds later. So that's helpful for those dogs that have shorter attention spans. I'd start with Princess since it seems she is more interested in the basics and then once you get going you can always talk to someone about bringing Bunny to a practice and "test" her.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cassie 6/9/2000-10/14/2012, Jan 22 1:31 pm

Raw Food Diet > Looking to meet up with rabies in the st. Louis area!

Feed me!!!

Barked: Thu Jan 6, '11 2:35pm PST 
I'd offer my house, I have a smaller house but a pretty good size backyard with fence the dogs can play in. But, I work until 1:30pm monday-wednesday and fridays and have kids of the non-furry variety so that may be tricky. The offer is there though if you guys can make it work.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Louie , Jan 7 12:51 pm

Raw Food Diet > Looking to meet up with rabies in the st. Louis area!

Feed me!!!

Barked: Thu Jan 6, '11 11:41am PST 
We're in St. Louis, in South West county and would love to meet up!
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Louie , Jan 7 12:51 pm

Raw Food Diet > road kill

Feed me!!!

Barked: Thu Jan 6, '11 6:34am PST 
We filled close to two freezers with deer meat this year, I haven't been brave enough to pick up road kill yet but I have been tempted! we did get some strange looks from our neighbors as we cut up some of that deer in the back yard. And yeah, we'll definitely have to try to have some sort of a dogster get together with our crews.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Louie , Jan 7 8:35 am

Sports & Agility > Muscle builder thoughts

Feed me!!!

Barked: Thu Dec 30, '10 7:12pm PST 
I have to agree with Max. I won't use supplements to replace diet and good honest exercise and physical training. Eat right and do muscle building exercise to build muscle. We also feed raw and our dogs are almost all muscle at a relatively old age.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Zack, Jan 3 12:01 pm

Sports & Agility > How old is too old?(Agility)

Feed me!!!

Barked: Wed Dec 1, '10 5:17pm PST 
Wow 3 and 4 are young for small breeds especially. I know many many dogs who still compete in flyball until their early teens or even later for the small breeds. Cassie is 10 and still competing full time. We watch her for signs of needing to run less but so far she's still going strong. The best advice is to know your dog, if they act sore or painful after an event or are losing time for no other reason then you may need to step back or retire. Marvin is a 9 yr old Border collie and he is just moving to a semi-retired status next year as he isn't recovering from a flyball weekend as well as he used to.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tesla-Trooper, Dec 25 4:56 pm

Sports & Agility > Flyball - how to get started?

Feed me!!!

Barked: Mon Nov 29, '10 3:48pm PST 
Quincy is right, Cassie wasn't running solidly until she was 3 years old and started training at 5 months. I've seen dogs take years to train and dogs take 2-3 practices. It really just depends on the dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Quincy- FM TFE-II TDIAOV CGC, Dec 5 6:43 am

(Page 1 of 46: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.