Postings by Smokey

GO!

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Del Monte and Natural Balance Announce Merger Agreement
Smokey

Time for a nap

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 6:54am PST 
You can find that video on youtube, if you do a search on youtube for NB special announcement. They lost me when they stated that Del Monte is a trusted name in pet foods. They make some of the worst pet food products in the world. I will be looking for another brand.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Taggert, May 27 1:11 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > My Taser saved my dog and I
Smokey

Time for a nap

Barked: Thu Jun 30, '11 12:59pm PST 
Just got back from court. The defendant, who lied like a rug during her entire testimony and even brought her sister in to lie for her, was pronounced guilty on all 5 citations by the judge, after 5 people testified, and has to reimburse my vet expenses plus pay a fine.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by ruby, Aug 13 9:56 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Tragic Accident today

Smokey

Time for a nap

Barked: Thu Jun 2, '11 12:48pm PST 
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but today on my way to go bike riding, I saw a few cars stopped on a busy 4 lane road in an Atlanta suburb. A women was cradling something in her arms, and as I got closer I saw it was a dog, about 7 months old and about 45 pounds, tan in color. They were trying to lift the unconcious dog , that had just been hit by a car, as it ran into the road,into one of the cars. The 12 year old girl, that was the owner of the dog, was crying hysterically, and kept talking to the dog saying " Why did you run away from me, when I called you?" over and over again as she sobbed.

The dog was bleeding from the mouth, and it's tongue was hanging out, and it didn't appear to be breathing. We finally got the dog in the back of this SUV, and they headed to the vet, along with the girl who had called her parents on her cellphone to tell them what happened.

After they left, I got back in my car, and as I drove away, I could still remember that young girl crying and talking to her dog... I cried for quite awhile, as I drove along.....
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Alice, Jun 3 11:28 am

Smokey

Time for a nap

Barked: Mon May 23, '11 11:30am PST 
Well, I finally have a court date against the person that has the dog that attacked us over 2 months ago. The live in girlfriend, that lied to the police the day of the attack was given 4 or 5 citations and she went to court 10 days ago and pleaded "innocent", so they set a court date for me to come in. In the mean time I found 2 witnesses that are going to testify that the dog was living in her home before and after the attack, despite the fact that she told the cops that she didn't know where the dog lived, or the person with the dog that day ( her live in boyfriend). I would imagine that the judge is not going to be too thrilled with the fact that she lied to both the police, animal control, and at her hearing 10 days ago. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by ruby, Aug 13 9:56 am

Smokey

Time for a nap

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 1:16pm PST 
What really surprised me in this situation, is once I found out where the dog was living and contacted the Animal Control folks who work with the police department in this situation, the majority of people told me that maybe I should just forget about it rather than press charges against the dog's owner. confused They said, " If you press charges, the owner will get your address and know where you live". Two good friends of mine encouraged me to report the location of this dog and the rest of the folks, even the receptionist at the vets office, acted like they would be afraid to report the owner, for fear of retaliation by the owner of the vicious dog.

I was thinking today that this is how people probably can get away with things like bullying, rape, assault, etc,.... because in today's society so many people are willing to let the bad guy go free because they don't want to get involved.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by ruby, Aug 13 9:56 am

Smokey

Time for a nap

Barked: Mon Mar 28, '11 1:21pm PST 
Well, today I got a phone call from one of the people living around that park that was looking out for the dog that attacked us, and it was located. It turns out the the witness, a hispanic women with a baby carriage that was walking with the guy with the dog, lied to the police, because the dog was seen in the front window of the address she gave for herself. In other words, apparently she lives with the owner of the attacking dog, and tried to mislead the cops by telling them that she didn't know where the dog and the dog's owner lived.

I am going to Animal control tomorrow and swear out a citation against this dog and owner. I have also contacted a lawyer, and if nothing else works, I will take the owner to small claims court.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by ruby, Aug 13 9:56 am

Smokey

Time for a nap

Barked: Mon Mar 21, '11 4:08pm PST 
I took Smokey to the vet today to get the last of her stitches out. She still has a little swelling, but the vet said that the fluid in the Seroma is absorbing as expected, so she is give a clean bill of health.

I think I should have let the vet take care of me too, since my bite wounds have still not completely healed despite heavy antibiotics and a salve they use for burn victims and deep wounds.

Smokey is the hit of the vet office, and wags her tail like crazy when approached by the vets or the vet techs. It's as if she knows that they really helped her. Brings a tear to your eye.

Still looking for the dog that attacked us, but I have put up so many signs in the park, that I don't think the owner would be stupid enough to come back to this park again, since everyone is on the lookout for this dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by ruby, Aug 13 9:56 am

Smokey

Time for a nap

Barked: Tue Mar 8, '11 4:10pm PST 
Taser has the same effect on a dog as on a person. The electrical signal which is much less than you would get on a defibrillator disrupts the communication between the brain and the muscles, so the animal or person can't attack you. Go to www.taser.com for more information.
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by ruby, Aug 13 9:56 am

Smokey

Time for a nap

Barked: Tue Mar 8, '11 10:32am PST 
Well tomorrow it will be a week since we were attacked, and Smokey is healing up nicely. She had the drain tube that was placed in one of her deeper wounds taken out Saturday, and the stitches come out in a week. She is one tough gal, and after a few really rough days, she is slowly returning to her old self.Unfortunately, it seems that this is affecting me more than her. I wake up in the middle of the night and start thinking about that dog attacking her, and can't get back to sleep for awhile.

I sent Taser an email describing what happened, and they are sending me a free cartridge. In the mean time, I decided to have a backup plan so this morning I ordered a Stun stick that is foldable from 12 inches to 24 inches, and packs a 1,000,000 volt charge plus has a 130 db siren when activated and a light for nighttime use. It sells for $39.95, and should work very well for fending off an aggressive dog and person for that matter. Home Security Web Site

I decided that the stun stick would be a good first line of defense against a dog attack and the Taser would be the last resort. I think if I had the stun stick last week, I could have stopped the dog from bighting Smokey.

While I was driving around the neighborhood looking for this dog and asking people if they had seen a dog like that, one person told me that the police shot a Pitbull last week when it attacked one of the policeman that had responded to a vicious dog call on 911. The person I was talking to was walking his dog and had a Stun Stick on his belt like the one I ordered.

I did not get the Rabies shot, after a long talk with my Doctor and my Son-in-law who works for the CDC, they both felt that the odds of contracting rabies from a dog that was with it's owner , was probably really low.

I am still actively looking for this dog and it's owner and have warned many people that frequent the park, that this dog is vicious and they should call 911 immediately if they see it.
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by ruby, Aug 13 9:56 am

Smokey

Time for a nap

Barked: Thu Mar 3, '11 5:07am PST 
I was taking my dog for her morning walk in the park next to my home this morning. We were almost around the path and I saw someone with a dog the size of Cujo that didn't really seemed to be able top control the dog. By this time, we were so close, coming around a turn , that I hesitated whether I should double back or continue past the dog, keeping my dog to my right and close to me.

At this point, this 120 pound dog bolts forward and pulls the leash right out of the owners hand and charges my dog. Within a second or two, he had my 50 pound dog in his jaws and was flipping it into the air. I went bezerk, and grapped the dog by the head ( which is not the thing to do, but the only option at the time) and pulled it off my dog and threw it about 5 feet away. At that point, I had dropped the leash luckily, and my dog took off howling from pain. Now this damn out of control dog goes after me, and rips a hole in my left leg. The "owner" just stood there and did nothing. That did it, I grabbed my Personal Taser from it's holster, and pressed the trigger ( don't even remember aiming it) but I hit the dog dead on. I could hear the Taser arcing, and see the dog jumping and flailing around as it now was just trying to get away. Meanwhile this jerk that owned the dog, who never once tried to help pull the dog off us as he stood there and watched, is yelling at me " Hey, why did you Taser my dog, he didn't do nothin"...!!!! Now he starts running towards me in a threatening way, and I held my Taser up and yelled, " Stop, or your next".... ( I actually had only one cartridge, so all I had now was a stun gun since there was no way to fire another cartridge).... He stopped, and turned around and took off after his dog and the two of them disappeared in the park. I called the cops, they sent an ambulance, I took my dog to the vet and $500 later at the vet, my dog is stitched up with about 30 stitches and bottles of antibiotics.

Now I go to the ER, and more antibiotics for me with three big gashes in my leg. Had I not had the Taser, I think that dog would have done me in, because it was going for my head and neck area, as I lay on the ground and pulled the trigger on the Taser.

Needless to say, I am going to be looking for this dog and it's owner until I find him. He ran out of the park, so I think he lives around me somewhere. I told the cops, it is lucky that I didn't have a child with me, because the dog probably would have killed a kid.
[notify]
» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by ruby, Aug 13 9:56 am

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.