Postings by Scout

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Behavior & Training > Barking at nothing
Scout

I love my shiny- ball

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '08 4:53pm PST 
lol ... middle name for a Sheltie ... barking at nothing ...
the best one was when we were camping and finally figured out he was barking at the garbage bag hanging in the tree (you know how you are supposed to keep your garbage high) too funny
and recently we discovered, how to stop the barking when he is on our bed. I would keep him on the bed when I was watching TV at night but he kept ... barking at nothing ... finally figured out it was shadows on wall ... leave him on the floor and no barking.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Taboo Crew- Max, Bindi, Lily &, Nov 21 4:58 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > FLEAS!! Any suggestions for my poor girl
Scout

I love my shiny- ball

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 6:04pm PST 
advantage works for our family. if you have an infestation you have to treat your house and every animal in your house. wash all bedding for everyone with hot hot water. vaccuum the snookies out of everything that doesn't move. advantage once a month for all animals from spring to fall. we went thru this once and it has never happened again .. thank goodnes.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scout, Jul 25 6:04 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > Help! my dog weighs too much and can't find a way to make her lose weight

Scout

I love my shiny- ball

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 5:56pm PST 
Scout is very heavy 30 lbs. The vet has me feeding 3/4 c daily of Purina Pro Plan, more exercise, and absolutely no table scraps (Dad is a pushover for that cute Shelie face). If this doesn't work she is going to check is thyroid. I didn't know that Shelties were prone. Scout is in agility as well but so far I don't really see any improvement. My groomer also thinks I should have his thyroid checked. Any thoughts anyone?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Fancee(Rest in Peace), Oct 23 10:56 am

Shetland Sheepdog > Ears?

Scout

I love my shiny- ball

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 5:49pm PST 
My breeder glues the ears with fabric glue to tip them. Only the inside and just a bit. She left it up to me whether I wanted to go thru the process. Once I saw one dog with one ear up and one ear down I decided to do the glueing. I love his ears tipped and wouldn't have it any other way. The breeder did this for me. I took him once a month till he was almost six months. Once the adult teeth are in you're done. Not really a hardship because his ears, feet and bum got trimmed every time and he also got to play with any young dogs in her kindergarten area. Well worth it and I would recommend it to any new owners.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Huntington, May 9 10:31 am

Shetland Sheepdog > A Sheltie's coat.

Scout

I love my shiny- ball

Barked: Fri Jul 11, '08 5:01pm PST 
Scout is almost two yrs old and has a very thick coat and mane. When we are walking we gets a lot of comments from other sheltie owners wishing their coat was thicker. I think the coat is as individual as their personality.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mila, Oct 15 7:19 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > What is your job?
Scout

I love my shiny- ball

Barked: Fri Jul 11, '08 4:55pm PST 
Scout likes to herd his cats. We have an Australian Cattle Dog puppy ... they like to herd each other ... and the cats. Early on Scout was a natural "fetcher" so he does that really well. He goes to Beginner Agility because he is a little hefty for a Sheltie. It really hasn't helped to lose weight but it has given him so much confidence. Since we have had the puppy Scout is very watchful of him and us. So much fun we have.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Aug 6 12:13 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > Obcessed with traffic

Scout

I love my shiny- ball

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '07 5:10pm PST 
this is continuing to be a big problem with Scout when we are on leash. I can't believe he is doing it. he tries to chase and now he barks at them too. I pull him to me .. I say no ... I then make him sit until he calms down. I try to distract him by making him sit before the car goes by or get his attention on me before the car goes by. He continues to try to chase. I'm not sure what to do any more. It just seems to happen on the busiest streets. I need help??
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Keep'n The Peace UD RE HIC, Dec 17 12:29 am

Shetland Sheepdog > Getting ready for winter!

Scout

I love my shiny- ball

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '07 6:54pm PST 
I agree with Gio's Mom puppy jackets not required for Shelties. They will adjust to the cold. Scout was only 4 mos old in Jan and I still walked him every day. But if it was -35 then the walk was just a little shorter. I could tell when he had enough, he would start to shake his little feet. Very important to keep their feet trimmed so no snow balls accumulate.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ace, Dec 23 12:00 pm

Behavior & Training > Walking down stairs

Scout

I love my shiny- ball

Barked: Sat Nov 3, '07 4:40pm PST 
We live in a 2 storey house so Scout had to learn stairs. I started when we were out walking to find different stair cases because ours are steep for a little puppy. We started on ones that were more gradual meaning he could have all 4's on one step before moving up to the next. Once we did that a few times I would find another one and practice on that one. Eventually in our own house we practiced on leash and like you said going up not a problem. Going down he had to be coaxed using the leash ... slowly one step at a time. Of course as he got bigger it was no problem. But we have 2 staircases in our house and he still will not go down the back stair case (not sure why???)
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 4 2:04 am

Shetland Sheepdog > House (potty) training
Scout

I love my shiny- ball

Barked: Sat Nov 3, '07 4:00pm PST 
Scout is one now and we have had our ups and downs. I know some people say it is the people that are trained not the dog but it really keeps your house cleaner when you pay attention to him and get used to his signs that he needs to go. Scout barks for a variety of reasons and sometimes a bark to go out gets ignored and then it is our fault not the dog. Keep working with him and it gets better .. promise.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scout, Nov 3 4:00 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.