GO!

(Page 1 of 480: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Fri Jul 8, '16 12:48pm PST 
This thread especially has been so enjoyable. Loved following all your stories and day to day lives hug

I will miss everything about Dogster, but it was only a matter of time until closure frown

I know I haven't been around in ages, but I lost my password for ages and despite requesting a new one, I never did. Then I suddenly came across it the other day and got in! way to go

Flicka, I heard all about Jay's recent health issues and I send my love hug
[notify]
» There has since been 526 posts. Last posting by , Sun 8:28 pm

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun Apr 10, '16 1:32pm PST 
Yep, slowly building Missy's muscle back up too. She was on pain meds all and all for over four weeks or more. Took her off earlier and she started not weight baring again and seemed in pain, so we just carried on until they was no longer required. I now have Missy on joint supplements and Salmon oil too way to go

Sounds like Flicka is doing well though. hug's to him for being so brave x
[notify]
» There has since been 732 posts. Last posting by , Sun 8:28 pm

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Fri Apr 8, '16 11:02am PST 
Just catching up, and am sorry to hear Flicka had to go through surgery for his ACL too. The recovery time does seem never ending, but it soon passes thankfully. Missy has now completed her 13 week recovery and is back to doing off lead walk, but I'm much more observant of her jumping off things now! Her hair is growing back nicely, and although she's now arthritic in that joint you'd never know she'd just gone through all that trauma. I hope it passes quickly and smoothly for Flicka too hug
[notify]
» There has since been 736 posts. Last posting by , Sun 8:28 pm

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Thu Mar 3, '16 8:58am PST 
Good luck Flick. Hopefully it will be something that continued rest will help rather than surgery. If he's walking on it, it could be a minor tear flowers
[notify]
» There has since been 805 posts. Last posting by , Sun 8:28 pm

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sat Feb 20, '16 2:10pm PST 
Sorry to hear about Flicka frown hug Hoping he continues to improve. As you may remember me saying, Missy ruptured her cruciate ligament back on her birthday, about 9 weeks ago now. She just had her last hospital visit last week and has been discharged. Just waiting on a referral to hydro now. She also has a slight lump on her leg where the body has reacted to the suture placement in her leg. But we're keeping our fingers crossed that goes down on it's own accord otherwise it could mean more surgery. Really hope it's not a cruciate tear for Flicka.

Dea, welcome to your new home! welcome She sounds like she's keeping you busy Kali wink

To much to catch up on, so hugs to everyone else hug Hope you're all well.
[notify]
» There has since been 831 posts. Last posting by , Sun 8:28 pm

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Tue Dec 22, '15 11:29am PST 
Thanks guy. Her surgery was today. Have waited anxiously by the phone all day, until just the past half hour ( gone 7pm here now ) and Missy has come through the surgery ok. Damage to her meniscus which has been removed, suture in place to 'replace' the ruptured cruciate, but no damage to her collateral ligaments as suspected....so that is one positive in this whole mess. Roll on tomorrow now when I can pick her up way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 995 posts. Last posting by , Sun 8:28 pm

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun Dec 20, '15 6:50am PST 
Ugh, have just posted a massive long post and Dogster has lost it!! So am copying and pasting from our Flickr page.

Well, where do I start? It was Missy's 13th birthday last Wednesday. We had hired a field out for private use and ordered some special baked goodies for her, it was to be a fun day to celebrate her turning 13. Only it didn't plan out that way. Moments after this picture was taken Missy jumped clear off the bale, landed awkwardly and immediately held her back left leg up. She didn't cry or otherwise act in pain, seemed to carry on actually so we assumed it was a bad sprain. She hobbled along very carefully, not weight bearing on this leg, but still eager for her treats and continued her walk without us knowing the extent of her injuries.
We left after a further 30 mins and on returning home she became very withdrawn and spaced out. Still unable to bear weight on that leg and it was decided we should take her to the vet after advice from them during a phone call. Get to the vet and she's shaking violently as she's super stressed during vet visits but was being a good girl. On inspection the vet immediately comments that she thinks it's a fracture as she can feel bone crunching in her leg. Missy was incredibly brave, despite being in absolute agony. Not a peep from her. Anyway, we return home with pain meds and the advice to return the next morning for x-rays. Over night she was whining somewhat and very unsettled. The next morning we are referred to the Veterinary Hospital in the city. Missy was very stressed again and very difficult to examine as she was wrestling and resisting, but after some time and realising she was better behaved on the floor rather than the table, these other vets thought it felt more like a dislocated knee than a fracture and that she wasn't showing obvious signs of pain. They decided to keep her in and x-ray her. Later on that day I receive the news that the x-ray shows she has NO fracture or break to her bone as feared, but she has ruptured her cruciate ligaments and possibly damaged her meniscus too. The vet said her symptoms and behaviour even fooled her a little! She said she was in a huge amount of pain. So, with further discussion it's suggested she needs surgery and that they should keep her in overnight, ready for surgery the next day hopefully. However, come the next day I receive a call that things have taken a turn for the worse and Missy had been sick throughout the early hours of the morning and had bloody diarreah. I was fearing the worst at this stage, I really was as it just seemed like a downward spiral. The vet was to uncomfortable to put her under anaesthetic due to how ill she was feeling. So we bought her home on the advice she has strict crate rest. She was SO ill yesterday - shallow and noisy breathing, dazed, drooling, shaking violently, cold to the touch. She refused all food and continued to have bloody diarreah. She was supervised carefully throughout the day and night, given her pain meds, and by today she had perked up considerably! No more sickies, and whilst she still has some diarreah it's no longer bloody!

So, that's where we're at really. Missy still refusing most food, but looking brighter and us just waiting for a rescheduled surgery date. I am very concerned another vet visit may trigger a case of HGE that I'm convinced is what she was suffering with from all the stress. But she needs the surgery so it's a no win situation really frown
[notify]
» There has since been 1005 posts. Last posting by , Sun 8:28 pm

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Thu Dec 3, '15 1:23pm PST 
wave Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving?

Xmas tree is up here! First time since living on my own I've ever put one up! Well, I lie. I did have a small pink thing that I put up on my corner table one year, but I hated it. Now in my 'new' place ( I still refer to it as my new home a year later laugh out loud ) I've got a lovely 6ft tree which suits my room perfectly. I love it and it instantly make me feel more festive.

Not a great pic, but here it is. Although the photo doesn't do it justice.
Xmas tree

Thought Cash would be all over it, but he hasn't bothered with it so far.

Next up is Missy's birthday on the 16th - 13 years old can you believe? shock My special girl.
Then Ty turns 10 in January! My 'oldies' are officially oldies I guess frown
[notify]
» There has since been 1043 posts. Last posting by , Sun 8:28 pm

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Thu Nov 19, '15 11:09am PST 
Kali hug hope you MIL is doing ok flowers Our weather is taking a cold turn at the weekend which is just in time for training at the field...oh goodie. But I can deal with the wet and cold, it's just snow I hope we avoid really.

We had a disastrous show last Sunday. As soon as we stepped into the ring Cash lost himself and was reactive, wouldn't stand, take treats or anything. I was mortified! It has really knocked my confidence frown Am going to take him back to ringcraft on the 1st and see how he goes there again as we haven't been in a few months. If showing is no longer his thing than that's fine too.

Flicka hug glad everything went ok for you.
[notify]
» There has since been 1086 posts. Last posting by , Sun 8:28 pm

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Wed Nov 11, '15 12:03pm PST 
Sonja, you mentioning pumpkin made me desperate for the pumpkin cheesecake flavour Ben & Jerry's! cloud 9

Kali, that warm weather you sent did the trick. We've been having temps of around 18C which is unseasonably mild for this time of year. Although all changing Friday I think!

Flicka that cake looks lovely, although I'm not a fan of traditional Xmas cake/pudding. This year my Xmas dessert will be Carrot cake with cream cloud 9 Bet the smell of your cooking in the home is wonderful though.

Cash's hip score results came back! A total of 8, which in US classification equals a rating of 'good' way to go Very happy with that result.
[notify]
» There has since been 1106 posts. Last posting by , Sun 8:28 pm

(Page 1 of 480: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.