GO!

(Page 1 of 236: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Plus Power of the Paw > Power of the Paw need for River
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Mon Sep 7, '15 8:45am PST 
Lots of love, licks and get well wishes heading her way hug hug hug hug
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 30 5:07 am

Choosing the Right Dog > which dog should I get?
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Sun Jun 7, '15 12:42pm PST 
I also did make a suggestion that the OP look for an adult rescue. They shouldn't look at puppies IMO, until they understand that half their requirements are training issues. With an adult rescue they may be more successful in finding a dog with at least some basic training in place.

And to be honest, stating this is how the forum/advise is now is not exactly true as this is the liveliest a thread has got in MONTHS.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 7 12:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Question about too much exercise

Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Thu Jun 4, '15 1:32pm PST 
Going from no exercise to lots of exercise could be taking it's toll on the dog, especially if he's unfit which I imagine could be the case here if he's not received much exercise beforehand? Has your FIL had the dog recently checked at the vets? The increased exercise could be exacerbating a sore leg or hip etc so it's worth having a full health check.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 17 9:00 pm

Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Thu Jun 4, '15 1:25pm PST 
Erm, wandering is a training issue. No dog, or very few anyway, are going to naturally stay by your side and/or in your yard/home without consistent and on-going training. Same with running after other dogs, believe me, that is hard work and again, takes on=-going and consistent training. You will not just have a 'ready made' dog that will meet all your criteria. I'm not suggesting you're not up to training your dog in any capacity, but just pointing out that a dog doesn't come with those traits.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jun 7 12:42 pm

Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Mon Jun 1, '15 7:31am PST 
Most of those 'wants' you list are training issues. Dogs do not come 'ready made' and a lot of hard work has to go into the training before you get a dog that ignores other dogs/people, doesn't chew, has good recall etc.

If you want some ground work already in place I'd suggest looking for an adult rescue dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Jun 7 12:42 pm

Behavior & Training > How Do I Deal With My "Scary" Leashed Dog?
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Fri May 8, '15 6:43am PST 
The best way forward is to consult a behaviourist who can assess your dog's behaviour and draw up a training programme based on your dog's behaviour.

Reactivity can be so hard to work with. Teaching some impulse control exercises and 'go to' behaviours can be effective i.e teaching a hand touch and asking for that 'touch' when approaching other dogs etc or asking for other behaviours your dog finds rewarding.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 8 6:43 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Elderly roommates want Companion, best fit?

Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Fri Apr 24, '15 8:16am PST 
I think adopting an older rescue dog would be a good idea. Breed would be a mot point, as I'm sure there are many small elderly dogs that would suit your FIL's requirements.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 24 8:16 am

Puppy Place > Please Help...

Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Wed Apr 15, '15 9:52am PST 
The pup looks very young in your profile shot. Are you sure he's 2 months old at the very least? Not eating and preferring milk could be as a result of a younger unweaned puppy....

That aside, taking into account he's healthy, there are many foods on the market. Pro plan is a lot of money for what it is and you may want to look into something of slightly higher quality which gives you more for your money. Perhaps consider a small kibble to make it easy for your tiny pup to eat.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 3:26 am

Senior Dogs > When do I consider my dogs "senior"?

Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Wed Apr 15, '15 9:47am PST 
Generally I'd consider any dog a senior around the 10 year mark. Up to then, they're just middle aged wink
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 9:47 am

Behavior & Training > Doggie Birthdays..........
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Sun Mar 22, '15 1:04pm PST 
I buy new toys, a cake from the supermarket ( they all get a slice each and I finish the rest wink ), and we have a 'special' walk. For Missy's 10th birthday I ordered a personalised dog cake too.

Special cake
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 25 4:56 pm

(Page 1 of 236: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.