GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Boxer > Be a Good Girl...
Murphy

Nov 6/04 - Feb 20/08

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '08 4:52pm PST 
Thanks every pup for their kind words and well wishes.

The results came in this week. It seems that there was a lingering infection in the fluid around the heart that caused a build up of fibrous tissue making it more and more difficult for the heart to beat. They weren't ever able to detect it because it wasn't in the blood stream... a flare-up of the infection became so bad that her poor body couldn't fight it off anymore and all the other systems became affected. There was nothing to be done to prevent it from happening, it was not due to neglect or genetics. It was just a rare and unfortunate event. I am "relieved" that it was no one's fault, but still coming to grips with the "why did it have to happen to her"

She is greatly missed, our little Murphy girl. I have come to believe that she was too good for this world and I am grateful that the 3 years of her life were shared with me. They were the happiest 3 years of our lives and would not be traded for anything.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 1 8:37 pm

Murphy

Nov 6/04 - Feb 20/08

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '08 8:11am PST 
Thanks pups.

On the weekend our Murphy wasn't feeling well, we were at the dog park and she didn't have any energy at all, in fact we went back to the car right away because she couldn't keep up. On Sunday night we fed her a light meal, she had gas and we assumed it was just a tummy ache, she was drinking lots of water too. On Monday morning (a holiday for us Albertans) she got up went to her water, had a big drink then just lied by her bowl. I saw her belly was starting to get bigger. I took her right then to the emergency clinic. They admitted her right away, gave her fluids and started with the tests. A blood panel showed low red blood cells, and her temp was low and her heart was fast. An x-ray showed alot of fluid in her intestines. They started the intravenous antibiotics and heat blankets and kept her overnight.
Now Tuesday morning, I go in and get her to transfer her to the regular clinic, she has less energy and even more "bloated". There they do a test to confirm perantitis (fluid in her abdomen that is infected) and continue antibiotics. I visit her Tuesday night, she can't even raise her head, they had started heavy pain meds.
Wednesday...I get a call in the morning that she isn't improving and more blood tests and x-rays are required, I've pre-authorized any test they need to do and again confirm they are to do whatever they need to. They also want a sample of the food (we feed raw). At 1 PM I go to the clinic for a visit, Murphy is off the pain meds now because they think it is causing her depression, she is now very "puffy" and her initial blood tests are back and fine, they are going to do x-rays right away to see if there is any change. So I go...back to work...half an hour later I get the call. They had taken her from the kennel and they tell me she wagged her little nub and then suddenly collapsed...she was gone.
The initial autopsy results are not conclusive, but we have samples sent to the lab that should confirm the actual cause. I will be updating this thread once we have the results.
Our family is devastated, but we are so grateful for the love and support of all of our friends and family. Thank you every pup for all your kind words in this very difficult time. Give your pup a big hug, hug them just as much as you can.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 8:37 pm

Murphy

Nov 6/04 - Feb 20/08

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '08 7:13am PST 
I just wanted to let you know that quite suddenly and unexpectedly our baby girl Murphy is gone. She passed away yesterday afternoon at her vet clinic just a short time after I had seen her. I whispered in her ear before I left, "be a good girl sweetie, we love you"

Results from her autopsy will be in next week after which time they will carry out her final arrangements.

OMD - I miss her so terribly. She had been admitted to the emergency clinic on Monday and transferred to her regular vet on Tuesday. She was so young, it wasn't suposed to be like this.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 8:37 pm

Boxer > Lil Orphan Allie

Murphy

Nov 6/04 - Feb 20/08

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '08 4:15pm PST 
Thanks every-pup! I love my little foster sister...I even saw her wagging her little nub when I was playing with her last night. wink

I think she likes it here. shh
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Feb 3 9:33 am

Boxer > Advice On Breeders

Murphy

Nov 6/04 - Feb 20/08

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '08 9:09pm PST 
Hey there, congrats on deciding to get a boxer pup!
I had a really great experience with my breeder, and part of that was the exchange of references. She provided me with references to people that had bought both show and companion puppies from her and I provided personal references to her. It really showed her commitment to finding suitable homes for her puppies.
Another is the contract. We signed a non-breeding contract and the contract also stated the health guarantees and her expectations for what we needed to provide (proper home and nutrition).
Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 25 11:19 am

Boxer > Today wasn't one of my good days....
Murphy

Nov 6/04 - Feb 20/08

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '08 10:31am PST 
Poor pup, and poor daddy! Thank your lucky stars that it wasn't worse, but a good reminder that we all must remember that accidents can happen when we least expect it. applause to Mom for taking care of everyone!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 10 5:49 am

Boxer > Another new boxer here

Murphy

Nov 6/04 - Feb 20/08

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '08 10:28am PST 
Welcome to the boxer forum Louie!! Have fun reading and sharing all the fun boxer stories!puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 8 1:27 am

Boxer > Happy New Year

Murphy

Nov 6/04 - Feb 20/08

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 6:28pm PST 
Right "bark" at ya! Happy New Years every pup!!
partypartyparty
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 1 6:28 pm

Raw Food Diet > How many raw feeders are here?

Murphy

Nov 6/04 - Feb 20/08

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '07 5:44pm PST 
24 wave
[notify]
» There has since been 201 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 5:39 am

Boxer > Merry Christmas !
Murphy

Nov 6/04 - Feb 20/08

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '07 8:29pm PST 
And Happy New Years to all my boxer friends!!
dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:09 am

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.