GO!

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Senior Dogs > Diaper Suggestions
The Wee- Beasties

The Wee 3 are- now the Wee 7!!!

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 6:54pm PST 
Just an FYI...our chi Rufus is 18 and we've seen several seniors for adoption that are 17-20 years old and still going strong. Our chi Logan started going gray young but at 9, he's still just like a puppy. You should have lots of time before you have to worry about her golden years!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 27 7:05 am

Small Dogs > Apartment Potty Options
The Wee- Beasties

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 6:48pm PST 
Small dogs often don't realize that the entire apartment is "inside". To them, it's a really big place and when it's empty, it's hard for them to understand that the entire thing is their "den" the way they do the smaller rooms. If you can make their world gradually larger a little at a time, they should eventually come to learn.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 6:48 pm

Dog Health > Probiotics for me?

The Wee- Beasties

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:27pm PST 
We get a product called Probiocin from our vet that comes in a syringe. It works well for all of our pups when they have issues.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 7:27 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Fundraising for rescue - rummage sale question

The Wee- Beasties

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:23pm PST 
A few years ago, I was here on Dogster, I believe and found a rescue or shelter that has a huge and very successful rummage sale. We're having a big sale for our Pet Alliance in a few months and I was hoping to, um, "borrow" some of their ideas but I can't seem to find out anything about them now and my notes are LOOONG gone (darn Spring cleaning!) BOL

Anyway, I remember they had cutesy names for different zones of the sale like "Barks & Noble" for the book area but I can't remember any of the others. If by some miracle any of you have heard of this and can point me in that direction, I'd appreciate it. Barring that, if you can help me think of dog and cat-related names for each section, I'd appreciate it!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 7:23 pm

Dog Health > Keeping a doggie diary of health-related events

The Wee- Beasties

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '12 7:43pm PST 
There's a great app called Pet First Aid that I paid $4.99 for and I love it!

It's got the usual first aid stuff for dogs...wounds, injuries, poisoning, etc. but it also has a pet info page where you can list all their stats, shots, medications, food, care notes, etc and you can email that to anyone. It also has a journal page where you can make notes and a weight tracker. With 7 dogs and a foster, I HAVE to keep organized and this app helps me SOOO much!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 9 11:23 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Removing fur from blankets before washing
The Wee- Beasties

Barked: Fri May 13, '11 12:17pm PST 
I've never had it clog up my washer but we do get a lot in the dryer. We found out years ago that if you put a half to a full cup of plain white vinegar in the wash along with your detergent, it helps the fabric actually release the dog hair and makes the hair less likely to stick. It also helps remove some stubborn smells that detergent and fabric softener just cover up. We use vinegar in every load now. That plus a static sheet in the dryer and you wouldn't believe the hair that comes out!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 10:03 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Carpet cleaning machine thingies?

The Wee- Beasties

Barked: Fri May 13, '11 12:13pm PST 
We have a Bissell SpotBot which I LOVE and will never be without! It's amazing at cleaning up messes between regular carpet shampooing.

We also have a big Bissell Proheat2x that we've had for several years now. It's great but is really kinda big and bulky so we're thinking of selling it and buying a smaller model than has more brushes and that will be a bit easier to use on a monthly basis. I find I just don't want to drag out the big machine as often as I should. But I love having my own carpet shampooer...I wouldn't ever rent again.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 13 12:13 pm

Small Dogs > The Wee Beasties have a new family member...and he's the wee-est of them all!

The Wee- Beasties

Barked: Fri May 13, '11 11:59am PST 
We are the Wee Beasties! And we've welcomed Momo into our pack as if he's always been here. We're having a little too much fun with his toys but he'll get used to sharing eventually. And he'll learn to stop marking soon, too...we hope.

Thanks to everyone for making Momo feel welcome!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 13 3:12 pm

Senior Dogs > Welcome to Dogster\'s Senior Dog Forum

The Wee- Beasties

Barked: Mon Apr 25, '11 6:47pm PST 
Our seniors are Rufus (who we think is about 16) and Peaches (who we think is about 13). Both are rescues.

When we adopted Rufus, we thought he'd only live about 6 months, but it's been 2 and a half years and he's still going strong. He's going blind and sleeps most of the time but he's in great health, so we can't see sending him to the bridge yet.

Peaches is our little spitfire...much more active than Rufus. We got her a little over 4 years ago and she's come such a long way since then.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 25 6:47 pm

Chihuahua > Just wondering
The Wee- Beasties

Barked: Tue Apr 19, '11 8:01pm PST 
I forget that the breed specific forum is even here most of the time... I think most people just find groups to join.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 23 4:07 am

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.