GO!

Dog Laws & Legislation > Help my HOA is targeting my dog for no reason!

Sid Lazarus- Cash

Where's my- COOKIE???

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 6:37pm PST 
quote: She told my boyfriend that our new neighbors are complaining about our dogs and some potentional buyers were concerned about the white dog (ryder) because they have children. She expressed concern that when the neighborhood was full of kids that they would torment our white dog (again singling him out) and that it would be like the lion who ate the people in san fran.

I just can't believe someone would actually have the nerve to say this to your b.f.!!!!!!! This is one of the most annoying and STUPID thing I've heard someone say in a while! If a "neighborhood child" had the audacity to torment my dog I would call the cops and file a report on them then I would press charges against the parents. This is why there are kids in trouble for kidnapping and killing a family pet. This is why there are 2 CA girls in trouble for setting fire to a cat! The parents think it's 'normal' and 'expected' that their kids torment someone else's pet! This is why the jails are filled with child and spouse abusers!

As long as the cycle of violence and lack of intolerance is stopped there will be dog attacks, children in hospitals with broken bones and wives, husbands, b.f's and g.f's with bruises and worse, dead.

The HOA should ban families with ill mannered and misbehaving children, not families with great tempered and well behaved pets!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 16 2:05 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > How can we change breedism on Dogster?
Sid Lazarus- Cash

Where's my- COOKIE???

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 5:25pm PST 
way to go I didn't read this whole thread, I will, I promise. I just wanted to say 2 thumbs up! I totally agree that people need to stop being breed biased. It's just another form of prejudice that irks me beyond anything you could ever imagine! My personal breed of choice is the Chow Chow but I love dogs of all shapes and sizes. Zelda, who is on my buddy list is AmStaff/Lab mix. I know her personally and she is the sweetest dog! She's a "pound puppy" and her first few months of life was very stressful, being bounced around from place to place. She is now in her 'forever' home and is thriving. smile Zelda and Sid play but not for long because, of course, Sid isn't much into puppy play. LOL.. Silly Chow. Anyways.. It seems I am always defending either Chows or "bully breed" dogs because people just assume the dog is bad because of the breed. OMG, it's an every day debate it seems.

When EVER anyone says to me.. "Chows are aggressive".. "Pits are aggressive".. or the worst.. "That dog looks like it has 'pit' in it, don't trust it".. I say.. "GEEEZ, condemn the deed, not the breed"..

I do understand that there are a LOT of people who have had bad experiences with Chows or APBT or AmStaffs.. BUT I know a lot that have had the same experiences with small dogs.

OH, my favorite thing to say?

One day this guy with a German Shepard said "Oh, Chows are aggressive and can't be trusted".. I looked at him straight in the face and said "You DO know that your dog is on the list of the top 10 dangerous dogs, above a Chow, right?".. HA HA HA HA HA

I just wanted to add that I feel the only way to counteract breed bigotry is to educate and inform others of the positive sides of WHAT EVER breed you're talking about. smile

I only get rude when nothing else seems to work. I hate getting defensive because that just makes it worse. I've won more people over by letting them get to know Sid and letting them see how he is on their own instead of me trying to toot his horn for him. Just the other day, at the park, there was this lady with a tiny American Eskimo dog. She said to me "Sid has changed my opinion on Chows"..

So, keep taking your dogs with you, show them what they're made of, seeing is believing.. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Feb 24 12:56 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Kip Dangerous?????

Sid Lazarus- Cash

Where's my- COOKIE???

Barked: Mon May 21, '07 3:46pm PST 
Hi Kip, you already got excellent advice! My Momma would definitely ask for the DR's report, that's for sure! Were pictures taken? Where are the teeth marks?

Sid's Mom here.. YES, I would demand proof! Where are the teeth marks? THEN I would demand to have that "mark" removed from Kip's record!! This is awful! How RUDE!!
[notify]
» There has since been 65 posts. Last posting by , May 29 3:16 pm

Chow Chow > Breed-Specific Legislation

Sid Lazarus- Cash

Where's my- COOKIE???

Barked: Mon May 14, '07 8:28pm PST 
Well, they just passed AB 1634 here in sunny CA. frown I will never understand how a handful of people can determine the fate for the largest state in the US. (I think it is anyway, I don't remember)..
What's next? Population control? YA, I think THAT would fix the problem! Hey, let us GOOD Chows rally together and demand that humans be bred to be more loving and tolerant of the pets they get THEN maybe it would be a better place for us Furkids!!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 11:02 am

Chow Chow > Breed-Specific Legislation

Sid Lazarus- Cash

Where's my- COOKIE???

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '07 5:02pm PST 
Hello everyone, as you know, the breed-specific legislation affects/effects (sorry frown ) us Chows too. My friend Zelda's momma wrote this and wanted me to share, so, here goes:

Date: Apr 17, 2007 10:31 AM
Subject breed specific legislation
Body:
First they came for the “bad” dogs
and I did not speak out
because I was not a “bad” dog.
Then they came for the pit bulls
and I did not speak out
because I was not a pit bull.
Then they came for the “guardian” breeds
and I did not speak out
because I was not a “guardian” breed.
And then they came for me.

It is not a secret that PETA wants to abolish ALL pet ownership.
It’s also not a secret that people are ignorant.
It’s also not a secret that people listen to the media, and the media is not very nice to us.
It’s also not a secret that the general consensus is that you have to be the popular opinion of cute to be loved (no matter what species you are).
And it’s also not a secret that people will classify any general group based upon their very specific dealings with limited specimens of that group.
Think of people… here. Race wars, segregation, hatred, terrorists… the list goes on and on and it would be easier to name off the derogatory terms we call other people to truly understand the extent of the humans' desire to squash everything that is considered a threat to them.

One person, one dog, one deed DOES NOT portray the mentality of the entire population.

Pass this along if you feel the same way.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 11:02 am

Chow Chow > Atopica Dermatitis
Sid Lazarus- Cash

Where's my- COOKIE???

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '07 1:13pm PST 
Hi Casey,
I'm so sorry to hear that you have itchy skin! YUK, I hate that when that happens. When I was about 5 months old, I had to go to the vet and have my fur shaved off around my shoulders because I had two HUGE hotspots on both sides of my shoulders AND my hip! I had to have 2 shots of morphine, antibiotics, cream and pain medicine! My Momma immediately bought this stuff called NUVET! I eat one wafer a day. I am almost 10 months old now and I have NOT had one hot spot and I am not itchy AND my fur is soft and shiny!

I hope you feel better,
Sid.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 10 12:47 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.