Postings by Chloe

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Shetland Sheepdog > How much do you weigh?
Chloe

You dont know- yet,but your my- BESTfriend

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '08 8:56am PST 
I'm a tallish girl...slim 32lbs thank you wink
[notify]
» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by , Nov 12 4:59 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > Happy Birthday to Me!!
Chloe

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '08 9:04pm PST 

party Happy Birthday! party
wishes
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ace, Mar 22 8:40 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > How many have heard the expression...

Chloe

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '08 9:33pm PST 
Oh yes - it's us two, the double trouble here! laugh out loud

Actually, just joking! Our daily fun chases & wrestling are the best ever - sheltie duos unite! cheer

My parents joke that "One day we'll have a Sheltie Plantation", (to be said to the Dalmation Plantation song at the end of 101 Dalmations);
they're just joking though, I sat down w/Mom already...our household is busy enough for her! cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Brandwyn, Feb 14 3:16 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > Hi everybody

Chloe

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '07 11:01pm PST 
Welcome little Rupert! hug

Feel free to ask any questions here or I also am the administrator of a sheltie group too with a lot of experienced Sheltie owners - All American Shelties. There's one thing about sheltie owners - we're all very friendly!

Today at the park a lady with a standard poodle was all over me because she has an angel that she said looked a lot like me. I enjoyed her company more than the norm, (who could resist baby talk?! big grin ) and then later I rubbed noses with a sheltie named Buddy. No matter where you go - people with shelties love stopping & chatting! cloud 9 Have fun you cute little handful wave
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ace, Dec 21 9:25 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > ears?

Chloe

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 12:12pm PST 
Awwww Duncan! You poor pup with little shaves here & there! I'm sorry you had to go through with that! hug

Thanks for sharing your story though - just to meet another dog who went through the "gum method" big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by McTippers Moonstruck Zephyr RN, Aug 19 3:03 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > how does your dog let you he has to potty?
Chloe

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '07 9:37pm PST 
I think what will help with your long time of just smelling before doing anything is how you set up the potty.

Choose a place for potty & always return there, choose a word "Go ____" praise a lot when he does it, & then immediately go inside. He doesn't realize there's a need for him to just immediately look interested in that then it won't change, (thankfully it doesn't sound like he confuses potty time with play time).

Always keep him on a leash for potty times too, (just having him in a gated area & expecting him to go has a high percentage of not being effective & if so taking forever). Only after he learns his word with praise after it's done will he be better to go outside alone in the backyard for business only, (I loved this when it was cold outside). It also helps if he learns a "come" by then & continuing on with the small alloted time just for business then maybe you can make it to the point where you don't have to go outside either. If it's playtime just bring him in...get busy with something else & then go outside play fetch or something - keep them seperate.

If you're consistant, potty time, (for both), should take a total of 5-8 mins max.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kender, Dec 19 9:30 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How many of you were \"impulse\" buys?

Chloe

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 11:10pm PST 
It took about two full months to go from initially seeing a sheltie on a dog show & taking note. Talking about it & bookmarking a ton of sites for one month & then getting me as a puppy!hug
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by ♥Juneau♥, Feb 13 8:21 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > Getting ready for winter!

Chloe

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 10:49pm PST 
Brrrr! Just you guys talking about these temperatures makes me want to curl up! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ace, Dec 23 12:00 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > ears?

Chloe

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 10:45pm PST 
I'd love to meet a sheltie whose ears tipped perfectly without a little help from their parent big grin Maybe I'm just not lucky enough to know some super-show-dogs to see what some awesome bloodlines can do! big grin

Either way, the others covered how to do it, but I just wanted to chime in that either way works! Truthfully, my ears were set with...chewing gum! Can you believe it? This girl-next-store didn't get the fancy stuff...but it was look we were going for just to get around having the tallest ears ever, (they really overtake my face...I know - I just have to smile a little brighter & you'll never notice laugh out loud ) It's not the rigid perfection, nor the "let your hair down" alternative, but it worked for me!

Oreo's ears are TINY - plus his hair is black...so half the time you don't notice his ears at all! But they're straight - yep! cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by McTippers Moonstruck Zephyr RN, Aug 19 3:03 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > how does your dog let you he has to potty?
Chloe

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 10:36pm PST 
Chloe will go find her leash & drop it at my feet when she has to go outside. Oreo never tells me anything - I guess he leaves it up to her to let me know.

I don't even think of our "schedule" as that anymore, but it's both businesses after we awaken, #1 somewhere in the middle of the day maybe; but, mainly at our walk ir'a "all calls on potty time" & then before bedtime both again if needed.

Maybe on the weekend keep him nearby on a leash until maybe there are some cues? I'd just look into a few times during the day,depending upon how your day normally runs, & go by that just to make things easier.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Kender, Dec 19 9:30 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.