Postings by Paris

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Dog Health > Dog Saliva
Paris

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 9:21pm PST 
This seems to be the thoughts of most posters here. I feel better... I hope you all are correct and I will talk to my doctor (the first chance I get) just to ease ALL of my fears. I've had Paris since she was a puppy; I've had Pepi since he was a year old and my family, including my youngest child, have NEVER had a problem even though my dogs are very affectionate. So it make sense that good hygiene is what keeps everyone healthy. Thanks for all of your posts!! Have a safe holiday! dog walk smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Paris, Aug 31 9:21 pm

Dog Health > Dog Saliva
Paris

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 5:22pm PST 
Toto, that is what I initially thought. Then in one of her updates, they brought up the dog. Same thing with the other lady that went through amputations. They said the bacteria came from her 7lb dog's saliva....
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Paris, Aug 31 9:21 pm

Dog Health > Dog Saliva

Paris

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 5:18pm PST 
Sure, here is a link to the Gwinnett Daily Post: http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2012/jul/30/as-daughter-progre sses-andy-copeland-offers/

They don't offer much information but they've clearly said on the news as well as in this Gwinnett Daily Post article that the bacteria is commonly found in dog saliva.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Paris, Aug 31 9:21 pm

Dog Health > Dog Saliva

Paris

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 4:31pm PST 
Hello
Thanks for all of your comments! I've always heard that doggie kisses will not hurt you. But there is a lady that has been very big in the news lately. Her name is Aimee Copeland (You can google her). She had a zipline accident and developed a flesh eating bacteria. Doctors had to remove her hands and feet, a leg, and part of her abdomin. It was later reported that the flesh eating bacteria came from her dog's saliva. eek There has also been news of another lady (I forgot her name) that has developed the same bacteria and doctors removed her limbs as well! thinking Best Wishes to all!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Paris, Aug 31 9:21 pm

Dog Health > Dog Saliva

Paris

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 5:21pm PST 
Hi all!welcome

As you may have heard in current news, there has been a couple of people that came down with a flesh eating bacteria! As their conditions were investigated further, it was found out that their conditions developed from their dog's saliva. So I guess this is more of a human health concern. Since I've heard their stories, I freak out if my Paris or Pepi give me kisses. Anyone else disturbed by this?? What are your thoughts?
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Paris, Aug 31 9:21 pm

Behavior & Training > Pepi Sucks His Favorite Blanket Like A Baby Bottle!
Paris

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 3:02pm PST 
Ava- I took the blank and he'd beg for it so I threw it away, thinking he'd forget about it eventually but he only transferred the behavior to his bed. Now his bed has about 5 holes in it and he sucks on the bed.

Dasy and Sam- I thought he may have been chewing with his back teeth but he has it so far back in his mouth that it looks like he's sucking on it. Oh, and he falls asleep while doing this...

But whether he is just chewing or sucking doesn't worry me, it's the pieces of fabric that he pulls off that worry me. I can't find the pieces and I'm really afraid that they are going to build up in his tummy. I tell him "NO" and give him a toy or bone but it doesn't stop him. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this?

Thank you all!!wave
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Paris, Jan 26 3:02 pm

Paris

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 9:37am PST 
I thought he might have been bored. So I bought him new bones and toys in addition to the ones he had and tried to distract him with playtime (away from the blanket and now bed) but he'd dart off in the middle of playing and go get the blanket! It seems like some sort of security thing.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Paris, Jan 26 3:02 pm

Paris

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 9:17am PST 
Hi Everyone!
I've had Pepi the Papillion for a while now and when I adopted him, the lady handed him over with his toys, bones and favorite blanket which had a million holes in it.confused Pepi LOVES this blanket and does not want to go anywhere without it. He even sucks on the blanket just like a puppy sucking milk! I have to admit, it is very cute but I became very concerned because I finally learned where the holes in the blanket came from. He also chews on the blanket and pulls on it until he rips little pieces off. He is 1yr old and I don't know how long he's been doing this before he came here but should I be concerned that the blanket pieces will stop up his intestines and eventually require surgery?? thinking If this reason for concern, how do I stop it??!

I did eventually take away the blanket but now he does his bed the same way!! cry

BTW: There is a video on my page that shows how he suckles the blanket.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Paris, Jan 26 3:02 pm

Dog Health > What about Brewers Yeast?

Paris

Barked: Sat Dec 19, '09 4:03pm PST 
Thank you Sassy and Sherpa, I hope others will join in as well...
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Quincy- FM TFE-II TDIAOV CGC, Dec 19 6:17 pm

Dog Health > What about Brewers Yeast?
Paris

Barked: Sat Dec 19, '09 2:35pm PST 
I've been giving Paris Brewers Yeast supplement but I just found out that garlic is poisonous to dogs. So I've stopped giving her Brewers Yeast which contains garlic. What is the next best thing that is good for her as well as her coat?

(I liked it because it was good for her and it made her coat shiny. Is there something that will make her coat shine the same?)
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Quincy- FM TFE-II TDIAOV CGC, Dec 19 6:17 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.