GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Burial Containment
Katie

Daddy's girl

Barked: Tue Aug 18, '09 6:33am PST 
What about cremation? It isn't unreasonably priced, and with a nice decorated box I think it's a wonderful way to remember them.

I know just the physical action of having to bury a dog rips me apart and I just about can't handle it.

I'm sorry that you'll be losing Keiko, but as least you have some time to make sure her last few months on this earth are her best hug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Sep 15 1:27 pm

Dog Health > Pray For Sawyer (Its Looking Bad)
Katie

Daddy's girl

Barked: Wed Jul 15, '09 9:50am PST 
Sawyer, hug hoping for the best for you!
[notify]
» There has since been 98 posts. Last posting by , Jul 23 10:35 am

Pomeranian > Pomeranian Hair Cuts

Katie

Daddy's girl

Barked: Tue Jul 7, '09 7:34am PST 
And it's ridiculous to suggest they have the wrong dog. Because of the double coats, there may be risks with cutting a pom, but it's the owner's call. Pom coats aren't sacred. It's just fur.

It is not really ridiculous to suggest that. People that buy dogs with a lot of hair need to be aware of the upkeep that comes along with them. It is a responsiblity and if they can't seem to handle that, they need another dog.

Also, there are risks to cutting a poms coat and the owner decides to totally disregard that?!? That is mind blowing! It is a person's responsibility to research a breed (and well might I add) before adding them to their family.

It's not just fur, it is a protective coat, just as Bodhi & Bella said, it does serve a purpose. If you don't like the way a pom looks with it's standard coat....why shave it? Why not just get a chihuahua?

Mochi asked for assistance, wasn't answered quickly enough and did what she wanted anyways. Looking at her profile I'm not sure why she was cut in the first place, being as young as she is.

Not bullying, I know people come for advice so we don't want to scare them away. A lot of owners on here know what we are talking about so, so sometimes just waiting for a good answer is best :]

http://www.petpom.com/Pom_Grooming.html
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Mar 15 11:11 am

Dogs & Travel > "pet friendly" hotels (yeah, right)

Katie

Daddy's girl

Barked: Mon Jul 6, '09 8:05am PST 
When I lost my house and had no where to stay, luckily it was only for that night (it was Valentine's Day) so alllll of the hotels were pretty much packed & the one we found that had vacancy was very clear about NO DOGS! Not to mention the prices were jacked up -_-

Well, my boyfriend and I snuck the 9 poms into the room with us! They didn't make a peep thankfully & when it was time to leave the next morning we snuck them right back out. I'm sure some people are VERY against this but I was very down on my luck & had no where else to turn.

I do agree with Addy though, there should be a reasonable fee for ALL dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Jul 12 1:03 pm

Dog Health > You should put him down.. A little bit of a rant.

Katie

Daddy's girl

Barked: Thu Jul 2, '09 7:05am PST 
We had a dog that we were fostering. A collie mix, but she was 15-20 lbs underweight and about 90% of her body had no hair and lots of scabs, she had flea allergy dermatitis and the poor thing had a UTI for 2 years before we got her!!!!

People would come over and just make gagging noises and be like "I can't look at her, I'm going to get sick!" They would tell us that we should put her in another room, or shoot her or put her down & it really pissed us off. We would just tell people to shut their mouths & leave if they didn't like it. In a few months she had gained plenty of weight and all of her hair came back! smile Of course then all people could say was "Wow, is this the same dog?!?!" or "She looks soo good!"
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Jul 4 2:35 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Small dog bound up and threw in dumpster to die
Katie

Daddy's girl

Barked: Thu Jun 25, '09 7:27am PST 
"BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WECT) - A 7-pound yorkshire terrier lived a long 13-15-year life before someone bound and threw him into a dumpster, leaving him for dead.

Tails U Win Dog Rescue of Oak Island has raised a $2,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons who threw the small dog into a dumpster at the Ocean Crest Pier on Oak Island.

Sunday, June 14, an employee from the Ocean Crest Pier heard animal noises coming from a dumpster and then called animal control.

A small dog, was found in the dumpster rolled up into a lawn chaise cushion inside a clear plastic beach bag in a head-down position.

The Yorkie was given the name "PD" after the Oak Island Police Officers who tried to save him.

Police, emergency personnel and animal control immediatly administered medical care for heat storke and dehydration. However, the physical ditress caused seizurzes and brain damage to PD, forcing officials to euthanize him Monday morning.

"We have lost sleep," said Betty Wallace of Tails U Win. "The officers that had to clean him up and tried to treat him, the animal control officer and myself. You cry for nights afterward because we don't know how long he was in there. We know he suffered."

PD's physical features included:

overgrown toenails
extremely matted hair
severe flea investation
both eyes blind
Workers emptied the dumpster the previous morning and no one witnessed any activity during the day. Investigators therefore believe the Yorkie was placed in the dumpster overnight."

Pictures of him are featured in the story:
http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=10589453

This is 15 minutes from where I live, and just so frustrating.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jul 2 2:27 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Where does your dog sleep?

Katie

Daddy's girl

Barked: Mon Jun 15, '09 10:48am PST 
Bear ALWAYS sleeps with us on our bed.

The other 7 it just depends, but we generally have 5-6 poms on the bed every night. Thankfully we have a king sized bed!

Madeline sometimes sleeps in my pillow case or in between my pillows as does Scooter cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Jul 30 10:57 am

Puppy Place > Rescued A Puppy Today

Katie

Daddy's girl

Barked: Fri Jun 12, '09 11:28am PST 
Glad you found a furever home for her! She's a cutie :]
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 12 7:59 pm

Dogs & Travel > Any dog-friendly beaches in NC during summer?

Katie

Daddy's girl

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 10:38am PST 
Hey, I live 5 minutes outside of Wilmington smile!

Rather than me typing out a whole bunch of stuff here is a link(Topsail Island is after Outerbank on the list & they allow dogs):

http://www.petfriendlytravel.com/?page=dog_beaches#North%2 0Carolina
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Apr 18 1:43 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Very sad sentiment-"I Died Today"
Katie

Daddy's girl

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 10:21am PST 
I always wonder if people that dropped their dogs off at shelters would think about what happens to their dog, would they still do it?

I mean, I think a lot of people drop them off and just figure that someone will adopt them & not think twice about it....

Either way, that was sad frown
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Jun 12 8:09 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.