Postings by Butters

GO!

(Page 1 of 125: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Calling all tiny dogs!
Butters

~7lbs. of- spoiled rotten~

Barked: Tue Mar 11, '14 8:17am PST 
Ginger, you're right! Butters was eating upwards of 10% of his weight (7lbs) and was fed once a day. If I fed him any less he'd lose weight. I remember wondering how such a tiny dog could fit so much in his stomach. I started at two feedings a day but he'd refuse one of them soo...

For bone in things, our favorite was Cornish hen. It was easiest to hack them up into 1/4s and feed that way. Oxtail is too much for him and he was too lazy for Turkey necks. Lol! Otherwise he got chunks of anything else, pork, beef, chicken, venison and turkey.

He isn't raw fed anymore and has since gained a little weight but he's still a happy little bugger. Times got hard and we had added Barley and a kitty (Biscuit) to the mix before tikes for tough. I didn't find it fair to continue raw with him when I couldn't afford it with the others.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 11 11:00 am

Food & Nutrition > Switching Foods
Butters

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 7:32am PST 
NV Instinct is a good one! I too am surprised that it costs less than TOTW. I'm not sure how much the 30lb bag is here for TOTW, but the 15lb is 24.99.

You can definitely contact UPS AND FedEx and let them know to deliver ANY items to your doorstep in the future. They are supposed to refund for any damages/loss after delivery if they don't abide by your request.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Butters, Nov 15 7:32 am

Food & Nutrition > ingredients - best and worst

Butters

Barked: Mon Nov 7, '11 5:29am PST 
I will not feed anything that has any of these ingredients on the label:

-corn, wheat, soy, gluten, etc
-"digest" or by-products
- vitamin k activity or menadione yada yada
-"cracked", "pearled", or any other term that says there are grain fragments in the food.
-artifical colors or flavors
-unnamed fat, or protein sources (ie, poultry fat or poultry meal--that could be chicken, turkey, duck, goose, etc...I want to know WHICH ONE)

Now I know some foods fall under that category, heck there's quite a few actually. But what really narrows down the list for me is that the food I choose has to have at least 3 named meat sources in the first 5 ingredients.

ETA: I like to see foods who have probiotics in them. Not sure the exact brands I've seen, but if I'm not mistaken Nature's Variety Instinct has them. And I do like seeing foods that have added nutrients/supplements such as fish oil (has to be a named fish tho!)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Butters, Nov 7 5:29 am

Food & Nutrition > Require the FDA to enforce the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with Pet Foods

Butters

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 11:53am PST 
Signed! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kazba, Nov 30 11:43 am

Behavior & Training > Illegitimate dogs lol

Butters

Barked: Thu Aug 18, '11 8:21am PST 
I just tied the knot two weeks ago and Butters was the ring bearer. I have a couple pictures of him, but they aren't that great. I'm waiting to post when I get all pics back from the photographer which I am actually picking up the discs today.

A few tips:

-Let the Best Man hold the rings, NOT the dogs. If by some odd chance one of the dogs bolts, you may lose your rings. I had the BM do it at the last minute for that very reason alone.

-If you're having flower girls walk them, MAKE SURE they get plenty of practice before the big day so the dogs aren't scared out of their mind. Butters was very flighty because my flower girl had never walked him on a leash. I wish I would have gotten him used to it first because by the time the flower girl got to the end of the isle, Butters was freaking out and she had to take him to my mom to calm him down.

-If the reception is in a location where the dogs are allowed to roam off leash, bring a crate anyways. By the end of the night, someone almost stepped in dog poo (my wedding was outdoors) because there was an accident between two tables under the tent. laugh out loud Plus, if you're super picky about what the dogs eat or you have allergy issues, you don't want guests feeding them which WILL happen.

-If you put a tux on the dogs, make sure the velcro strap on the chest is reinforced OR find a way to use a harness or collar. Butters' tux was like that and it had a d-ring on the back to fasten the leash. I didn't think anything of it but the chest velcro came undone because of him pulling. Luckily it happened in the house JUST before the flower girl had to walk out to head down the isle. I couldn't put a regular collar on him because of his pulling and because the tux came with a collar that was supposed to look like a white collared shirt unter the tux and the bowtie was fastened to it. Two collars wouldn't look right.

Anyways congratulations!!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Aug 25 1:47 pm

Dog Health > Itchy irritation around corner of eye
Butters

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 6:01am PST 
Butters is actually having this exact same problem right now. The outside corner is rashy tho and it has a lump that he keeps itching at. The skin is also pink and irritated looking. I'm taking him into the vet this afternoon and I'll ask if they have any home soothing ideas. =D
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hazel, Aug 11 1:42 pm

Food & Nutrition > aggressive dogies...

Butters

Barked: Thu Jul 21, '11 6:59am PST 
Huh. I wonder where the main post went because mine certainly isn't it. Someone was asking about a food recommendation for an agressive dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maggie, Jul 22 5:45 pm

Food & Nutrition > aggressive dogies...

Butters

Barked: Thu Jul 14, '11 6:09am PST 
Food doesn't enhance nor cure aggression.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maggie, Jul 22 5:45 pm

Food & Nutrition > Is 1 cup a day enough food for a 45-50lb dog?

Butters

Barked: Thu Jul 14, '11 5:56am PST 
OP, Maybe your dog just has a low metabolism? Or is very good at self regulating? As long as you're staying at a healthy weight, not getting too thin, then I'd just continue doing what you're doing. Are you the only dog in the house? If so, maybe you can be free fed? If you're having issues with keeping weight on, maybe it'd be a good idea to entice eating by either finding something super tasty to mix with the food, or maybe look into trying some of TOTW's other flavors, or even switch to another brand, if you're up for it, to see if it's just that she doesn't like the food in general.

Tuck, I'm puzzled as to how 1/2c of Science Diet daily is adequate for a 52lb dog. My 7lb CHIHUAHUA eats 1/2c of TOTW daily (higher kcal/cup).

What I don't understand is that Science Diet is one of those foods that requires more food per day to keep the dog at a healthy weight vs a higher quality food because of all the fillers and such. Tuck, how in the world is your dog staying healthy by eating only 1/2c of food while running (at a fast pace I'm assuming since you said behind the ATV) 3 1/2 miles PER DAY on top of other daily activities. Granted, Barley is an 8mo old puppy, roughly about 50lbs now (not quite sure as she hasn't been weighed in awhile), but she eats 3 cups a day (Wellness LBP) and she's a lab--hard to keep thin!

shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 20 7:20 pm

Food & Nutrition > Good Food?
Butters

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 5:45am PST 
Tractor Supply carries Taste of the Wild!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Olive, Oct 3 5:30 am

(Page 1 of 125: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.