GO!

(Page 1 of 32: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Working with a highly fearful dog
Kaluha

Fly Free, Kaluha

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 12:23pm PST 
I would add that you may want to consider talking to your vet about anti-anxiety meds? If I had to start all over again with Kaluha, I would ask about the benefits of going that route. And consider a behaviorist. I work with a LOT of fearful dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Smokey, Jan 23 7:16 pm

Behavior & Training > Working with a highly fearful dog
Kaluha

Fly Free, Kaluha

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 12:21pm PST 
I agree with lily, time. It took Kaluha 9 months to be able to take food out of our hands. I have not yet met a dog that does not come around eventually, but you have to have patience.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Smokey, Jan 23 7:16 pm

Dog Health > Thoughts on no rabies vaccine in Texas

Kaluha

Fly Free, Kaluha

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 5:57am PST 
We have a 3 year law here in PA. And for the most part, my dogs get their rabies shot (ONLY rabies) every 3 years as required by law.

But for Kaluha (who passed around Thanksgiving) I was firm in saying no. We have no exemptions either, but I just plain was NOT giving a 15 year old dog a rabies shot. Period.

My vet is cool. She knows I take good care of my dogs. She gave me the standard line of patter, but in the end the decision was mine and I decided not to for this dog.

And as they age, I may (or may not) make similar decisions for my other dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Dunkin, Jan 8 3:58 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > And now Kaluha is gone too

Kaluha

Fly Free, Kaluha

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 5:04pm PST 
Two weeks today :-(. It seems like a moment and a lifetime.

I know so many here have experiences loss too. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Aspen, Jan 22 12:30 am

Kaluha

Fly Free, Kaluha

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:27pm PST 
And now he is home for the last time. he is on the book shelf on the shelf beneath Asher's shelf. Such a tiny box for such a large soul
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Aspen, Jan 22 12:30 am

Kaluha

Fly Free, Kaluha

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 12:18pm PST 
My heart is just broken.

And I admit, it is not the same with Kaluha as it was with Ash. With Ash, I felt like my heart had been ripped from my body, the emotion was just so strong, almost violent in the way it came upon me. With Kaluha, I am not grieving as deeply or as outwardly, but since last week I have just an an overwhelming sense of sadness.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Aspen, Jan 22 12:30 am

Kaluha

Fly Free, Kaluha

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 3:44am PST 
It's even harder watching my son. Since my X moved out, Kaluha has formed a strong bond with my son. They spend a lot of time together. And he was working when Kaluha passed, so not here to say goodbye. I did not expect Chris to be as grief stricken as he is.

It's just sad here lately. We went from 8 dogs in June to 5 dogs (one of them not even mine) now and the house is so quiet.

It's so easy to deal with 5 dogs, almost no effort at all, and it feels like so much is missing.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Aspen, Jan 22 12:30 am

Kaluha

Fly Free, Kaluha

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 5:48am PST 
Thank you, all hug

And I meant to say in the first time in almost 6 years I only have 5 dogs in my home. It seems so quiet. I am used to constantly having dogs under my feet, and now I don't seem to. I miss the things that used to make me crazy.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Aspen, Jan 22 12:30 am

Kaluha

Fly Free, Kaluha

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '12 5:02pm PST 
And one of my fosters went home tonight also. For the first time in almost 6 years, I have just 6 dogs here tonight. I feel the loss most when doing things that require headcounts. That is when my stomach drops and my heart crumbles. Much sadness this year. :-(
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Aspen, Jan 22 12:30 am

Kaluha

Fly Free, Kaluha

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '12 10:59am PST 
Losing Asher felt like losing my soul. Losing Kaluha feels like losing my heart. Both were so different and so special and I am so lucky to have had them both in my life. They taught me different things, but both were wonderful teachers.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Aspen, Jan 22 12:30 am

(Page 1 of 32: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.