GO!

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Commercial suggestion for dogs with food allergies
♥M ♥

Missy MooMoo

Barked: Thu Oct 1, '09 2:13pm PST 
Many of you know Magpie has been on homecooked for her allergies. We had struggled with them for over a year straight trying several kibbles and the homecooked finally ended her problems. Once in a while if I ran out I would give her a meal of kibble and she would flare up within hours so I was usually on top of keeping her food prepared and stocked. Recently I ran out and gave her Milo's food and she had no reaction and I prepared her own food but I kept giving her Milo's to see if it could be an alternative and she has been on it for a week with no reactions!! I cook her food because I don't want her to suffer but it is a hassle so I'm glad I have something to rotate in and give me a break. Obviously all dogs have different allergens so it might not work for you but it's worth a shot if you are still hunting for foods. It is Addiction's Perfect Summer Brushtail
http://www.addictionfoods.com/usa/prod_dog_perfect.php
I have tried other flavors for Milo but I'm too chicken to try anything else on Mags just yet (it only takes one ingredient to affect an allergic dog) but this is working so far and I wanted to share.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chocolate, Oct 1 4:50 pm

Dog Health > Senility problems
♥M ♥

Missy MooMoo

Barked: Sat Sep 26, '09 10:54pm PST 
Magpie sometimes gets stuck in corners when she is sleepy or upset, I just hold her and let her calm down enough to find her bearings. hug Ginger hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ginger, Oct 28 5:36 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > BalanceIT.com

♥M ♥

Missy MooMoo

Barked: Mon Sep 14, '09 9:39pm PST 
Are you already home cooking?
When we switched Magpie's allergies cleared up completely in one week (after having tried both Wellness Simple Solutions, Orijen 6 fish, Dr. Harvey's and more) She had ear trouble for like 2 years and I thought it would take a month or longer to see results after food switches but this switch stopped all her itchies within days. I would recommend it to anyone with allergy or ingredient intolerance issues but if you don't have them there are so many other commercial foods or versatile home diets. I also think you need a nutritionist or dermatologists' recommendation to buy it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sassy, Sep 15 9:25 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > BalanceIT.com

♥M ♥

Missy MooMoo

Barked: Mon Sep 14, '09 12:12pm PST 
I've used it since Sept '08, so exactly one year for Magpie only. The others get some when I make a fresh batch. It sounds like you might not want to go this route but if you have any questions feel free to send me a msg and I'll answer any questions I can.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sassy, Sep 15 9:25 am

Food & Nutrition > have you tried this

♥M ♥

Missy MooMoo

Barked: Mon Sep 14, '09 9:30am PST 
Wellness Meats online has some if you want one humanely raised.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Sep 20 9:44 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > I have never been so mad, or so close to getting into an actual fight!
♥M ♥

Missy MooMoo

Barked: Wed Aug 26, '09 12:22pm PST 
Way to go Adlai! I am extremely passive but when it comes to dogs/babies in cars I speak up and usually when I run into the store the car is parked at with my complaint an angry mob will form laugh out loud so at least I'm not alone. Burning alive is nothing to ignore or take lightly.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chamois, Aug 29 10:25 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Rescues that only take in puppies from Puppy Mills?

♥M ♥

Missy MooMoo

Barked: Wed Aug 26, '09 12:01pm PST 
This reminds me of the episode on puppy mills on Oprah (one of the few I've seen). There was a man who wanted to keep his relationship steady with the amish man who would let him take the animals he no longer wanted to a rescue. If I remember correctly the miller was shooting them before that man intervened and then he started taking the dogs. Does anyone remember that more clearly? Not sure but I don't think it makes it easier on the millers in terms of conscience, I think it's a small convenience that they don't have to kill and dispose of the dogs themselves. It's silly to compare picking those dogs up directly at the mill, picking them off the street if they were set free or out of a garbage bin to making a profit for the miller directly or through a pet store. It's not the same but you could, like Peta, break it down so far as to say walking your dog advertises pet ownership and that supports puppy mills shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Lola, Sep 9 7:24 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How to Evaulate a Good Rescue

♥M ♥

Missy MooMoo

Barked: Tue Aug 18, '09 9:41am PST 
It's a great idea to call the vet, that way you could even donate a bit to the bill wink
When I was looking for my second dog (I ended up adopting Magpie from a great rescue) I saw a "rescue" in front of our petco/smart and they had dogs available and when I inquired about one they just gave me a page "application" that you fill out and hand over with a check and take the dog with you the same day. I think that is a BAD rescue because I could have been anyone including a dog fighter or some nut case. I've seen them set up there and other areas all the time now for the past two years now, even on over 100 degree days and sometimes the dogs don't look very healthy. I would want a rescue to provide adequate health care so I know I'm not adopting a dog who will give my other dogs contagious diseases.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 18 9:41 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Why is it still legal to hunt hogs with dogs.

♥M ♥

Missy MooMoo

Barked: Sun Aug 9, '09 12:54pm PST 
I only read the first page so sorry if this was addressed but javelinas (our native peccary) are NOT an invasive species, in fact they are being overcrowded and losing territory to the feral hogs (the truely destructive animals that wreak havoc all over the state and beyond). Javelinas are often wrongly blamed for damage in areas where they don't even exist (they live in the chihuahuan desert part of texas like Big Bend Ntl. Park, Arizona and N.M.). It's impossible but feral hogs should be erradicated but NEVER in such a disgustingly inhumane way as bloodsport enjoyment for children and fighting dog bragging rights. Our parks and rec dept. hire hunters to kill them in habitats where they are hurting other species food sources but they are not allowed to take the meat to be processed for legal reasons shrug it's a waste.
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Dahlia, Sep 15 4:34 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > When using eggshells for calcium
♥M ♥

Missy MooMoo

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '09 5:46pm PST 
I've tried baking and air drying (after rinsing with hot water) and didn't see a difference but I grind them to a fine powder (like fine sand) with a mortar and pestle. It takes a while but I don't need much.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sassy, Jul 8 8:11 pm

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.