Postings by Guster

GO!

Behavior & Training > A New name? How do you teach it?`

Guster

Professional- Klutz

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 10:48am PST 
I did a lot of what was suggested above -- Guster does still also respond to his old name, Mozart -- sometimes more promptly! But it only took him a few days to get his new name.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by 'Barcoola' Rogue, Mar 1 1:21 pm

Food & Nutrition > are fruit and vegetables fillers in dog food or do dogs need them
Guster

Professional- Klutz

Barked: Thu Nov 11, '10 12:13pm PST 
Guster told me that wilted heads of lettuce are vital to his survival. VITAL.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Nov 12 6:03 pm

Raw Food Diet > Thinking about RAW diet, do you think its worth it?

Guster

Professional- Klutz

Barked: Wed Jul 28, '10 9:52am PST 
Guster's ears were always very yeasty, smelly, gooky and gross. I had to clean them out almost every day. He would also cry when I had to clean them, it was just horrible. We tried all sorts of different foods and cleaners. We were at the vet frequently to treat infections. Once we switched to raw full time in 2008.... that was it. I haven't had to clean his ears out since then. They are odor free, clear and clean. I'm not saying this will be your guaranteed result, but it's definitely a possibility.... and if not that, maybe it could at least be brought to a more manageable level. Good luck to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hippo, Jul 28 10:14 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I ADOPTED your Dog today

Guster

Professional- Klutz

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '08 8:12am PST 
When Guster was dumped the previous owners lied about everything on his Surrender Form to make it sound like he was a horrible monstrosity of a dog despite some monumental amount of training, and urinated and defecated in the house every single day, in addition to other things. It's apparent that they were lies because not a SINGLE one of those items listed has he EVER displayed... just really irritating. If you absolutely have to relinquish the dog, at least be freaking honest about it and don't use the dog as a scapegoat to make you feel better about it.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Nov 26 7:33 pm

Puppy Place > Meet Vash!

Guster

Professional- Klutz

Barked: Thu Aug 21, '08 9:36am PST 
Don't forget to buy drool rags to place around the house and to pass out to guests when they visit. smile Also, a really awesome vacuum cleaner helps too.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Abby, Aug 21 1:33 pm

Raw Food Diet > what mistakes did you make starting out?
Guster

Professional- Klutz

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '08 1:10pm PST 
Mistake #2 - Assume that your dog will know to keep his meat on the towel in the kitchen....

Solution: You have to TEACH it's not ok to prance off with a hunka chicken quarter on your living room rug. silenced
[notify]
» There has since been 99 posts. Last posting by Terry, Apr 6 8:46 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How many of you were \"impulse\" buys?

Guster

Professional- Klutz

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '07 9:16am PST 
Guster was an impulse "Let's just take a look..." shelter 'buy'. Kolbe was not too pleased at first!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 84 posts. Last posting by ♥Juneau♥, Feb 13 8:21 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Any Guesses?

Guster

Professional- Klutz

Barked: Wed Apr 11, '07 10:17am PST 
I know you guys get this all the time but....Kolbe's new 'brother', Guster. We got him about 2 months ago. The SPCA said "Collie/St. Bernard" mix. Except I don't really think he has any Bernard. We are thinking possibly some GSD or...something. His head-on shot seems more Bernard but he's only 65 pounds and is real lanky, and his face is thin, etc. Thoughts?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 13 9:17 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.