Postings by Mighty Maximillian

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Papillon (and Phalene) > Paps with cushings disease?
Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 10:04am PST 
Mighty Max's vet thinks he has cushings disease. He had the test on Friday to confirm it and we are waiting on the results to come in now.

Momma is really scared because he already has heart problems and is on heart meds at 11.5 years old. He doesn't show all the signs of cushings but most of them, from what Mom has read on the internet (which can be a dangerous place I know.)

Does anyone have any paps with cushings disease? Are you treating them with meds? Which one did you and your vet choose? Or have you had any other pets with cushings?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thansk - nervous Mighty Max's Mom eek
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mighty Maximillian, Nov 13 10:04 am

Papillon (and Phalene) > Do your Papillons "talk"?
Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 9:58am PST 
Mighty Max has always "talked" or "sang" and especially to certain people that he loves.

He definintely talks to me when I get home |snoopy to let me know how much he missed me - and what happened all day while I was gone, or at work. Oh and I can always tell when the landscapers came by in our community.

He was singing to me each morning when we got up as well, as if tell me what he dreamed and what he wanted to do that day.

He sings for certain people he loves most, like his Grandpa Ed or Grandma Nancy or Nilsa, Laurel or Vanda, his girlfriends in the neighborhood. We sing together sometimes when we are playing too.

He does/did quite a range when he was younger - this has slowed way down now since he is older and facing heart issues and now cushings disease... so he does not sing as much but he will still talk or try to some.

But yes, I like they talk if they are not prone to being yappy like some can be. But I do think they all try to express themselves one way or another.

Mighty Max's Mom
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mighty Maximillian, Nov 13 9:58 am

Senior Dogs > cushings disease

Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 12:02pm PST 
Mighty Max's vet thinks he has cushings disease. He will have the test on Friday to confirm it. Momma is really scared because he already has heart problems and is on heart meds at 11.5 years old. He doesn't show all the signs of cushings but most of them, from what Mom has read on the internet. confused

Does anyone have any pets with cushings disease? Are you treating them with meds? Which one did you and your vet choose?

Max's Mom
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mighty Maximillian, Nov 8 12:02 pm

Papillon (and Phalene) > Do you celebrate your Pap's Birthday?

Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Mon May 12, '08 4:55pm PST 
Tomorrow is my birthday and my mom is feeling kinda silly about throwing me a party. I told her everyone throws their Paps a birthday party! I am right - aren't I?

Mighty Max party

From Max's Mom: Ok - it is his bday and we are having a little bday celebration... is that silly? Mainly the neighborhood kids are the ones uh... requiring the party... they LOVE Mighty Max. They literally come over and ask if Max can come out and play.... it is hilarious. But since Max has food allergies... the cake will be for the kids and he will have a new toy to celebrate with... but do you guys celebrate your Pap's birthdays with parties too?
Kathleen
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sawyer, Jul 30 4:33 pm

Puppy Place > what breeds have you been mistaken for?

Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '08 4:22pm PST 
I always get long hair chi or once when my mom took me to the wrong groomer and she cut off all the hair on my ears (which defines a papillon!!!) - I got baby border collie.... I was so embarressed for a long time... Mom loves border collies but I am a papillon!
[notify]
» There has since been 237 posts. Last posting by Lola Penelope, Mar 30 9:01 pm

Behavior & Training > "Worst" thing your dog's ever done!
Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '08 4:02pm PST 
I peed on my mom's pillow when I was a puppy. I was too scared to go down off the bed to get to the pee pee pad. She even had it at the end of the bed, right there at the bottom of the stairs -- I was just too scared!!
[notify]
» There has since been 76 posts. Last posting by Sunny & Buster , May 9 9:53 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Humane Socity Spay Awareness Photo Contect - Max needs your vote

Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '08 4:00pm PST 
Mighty Max is in a pet photo contest sponsored by the Humane Society to promote Spay Day awareness.

Please check out his entry and vote for him!

Go to this page to vote:

http://www.spaydayusa.org/bin/Rate?image_id=1003104263

Enter your little cutie too!

Kathleen

(you do have to enter your email but you do NOT have to check the box to get more information and then you click to vote.

Thanks!

Kathleen (Mighty Max's Momma)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mighty Maximillian, Feb 12 4:00 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Mighty Max needs your vote to help Human Society with Spay Awareness Day

Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '08 3:58pm PST 
Mighty Max is in a pet photo contest sponsored by the Humane Society to promote Spay Day awareness coming up in a week.

Please check out his entry and vote for him!

Go to this page to vote:

http://www.spaydayusa.org/bin/Rate?image_id=1003104263

Enter your little cutie too!

Kathleen

(you do have to enter your email but you do NOT have to check the box to get more information and then you click to vote.

Thanks!

Kathleen (Mighty Max's Momma)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mighty Maximillian, Feb 12 3:58 pm

Papillon (and Phalene) > This is like a quiz but it's info about you guys.

Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 12:07pm PST 
This is a good one!

PROS
1. SMART -I agree with that Mighty Max was a very quick learner on any tricks and the names of his toys!

2. affectionate - extremely so - you know that door mat "Careful my dog can't hold it's licker"? We should all have one - all paps Iknow LOVE to give kisses! Max will kiss anything he can reach

3. very in tune with their owners... I had to agree with this one too. It is almost bizarre how intense Max will watch me or know when something is not right with me.

4. hilarious - quite the character - Max sings and talks to me all the time

5. cuddly - not all but Max is very cuddly

6. loves every other living thing - cats, dogs, people - pretty much anything

7. good at tricks and loves to show off

8. cute - we all think they are cute but a a breed in general most of them are very cute!

9. loveable in every way - sweetest disposition -

10. not in constant need of attention - can be very active or can just chill by themselves so they are good for apartments or houses with yards -

11. they don't NEED long walks - Mighty Max is pad trained so I don't have to take him on walks in the rain but he still LOVES to go on walks when we do

CONS
1. some can have health issues - patellas etc - but Mighty Max has had more health issues than any dogs I have ever had (food allergies, shot reactions, eye cysts... his chart is thicker than mine at the ER)

2. shedding - Max does shed - sometimes a lot

3. Mighty Max had some housebreaking issues but that is because like all training - he needed consistency that was not there in the beginning (my issue!).

4. some can have dental issues if those teeth are not taken care of

5. very affectionate - for some people this can be a problem - for some odd reason not everyone wants doggie kisses! So I have to say "No lickie" to Max a lot when people are over at our house

6. For some folks they can be like potato chips - you can't have just one!

that is all I can think of
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sawyer, Jul 30 4:22 pm

Dog Health > Eye Cyst Update: Stitches out and it was benign! YAY!
Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '07 3:35pm PST 
Thanks for all your support through my eye surgery everyone!

I am getting back to my fun loving and handsome self now! snoopy

Well, Mom took me back to the vet on Saturday and this time I got a little nervous! Then once I walked in the door and everyone was so excited to see me and calling my name - even with that stupid cone thing on my head - that I just got excited and forgot about being nervous. Until I went into the doctor's room, I remembered something was not so fun last time we were there - so I hid under the chair! But my mom just picked up the chair and Dr. Wood's picked me up. Bummer,silly chair - not as good a hiding place as I had thought it would be! confused

Dr Woods got the stitches out just fine and it didn't even hurt! She was as happy as I was! Since she had to use such small stitches during the surgery, she thought it may hurt me to get them back out. But it was not a problem at all.

Plus - good news - the pathology came back and my tumor was benign - (whatever that means). All that means to me is that Mom was really happy - so was the vet and all the staff! Mom said something about it being worth paying one month's worth of the mortgage to get me all better and that it was nothing personal but she hoped not to be coming back to see them anytime soon. Everyone laughed, but I didn't get the first part - but I don't want to go back any time soon either! I was just happy and ready to go home.

The swelling has gone down and the hair is starting to grow back over my eye lid and I may just let mom put a new picture on my page soon. I also am just glad that I don't have that goo put in my eye every 12 hours and that stupid cone thing on my head anymore. It has been retired to the top shelf of the closet! Whoo hoo!

Better days ahead for sure. dancing

Mighty Max
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hershey, Apr 16 6:20 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.