Postings by Bella

GO!

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > I need some info about low protien diets
Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Fri May 8, '09 12:20am PST 
Bella had her blood test and vet mentioned her kidney test was the high side of normal. Nothing to worry about but I should give her a lower protien diet - more veggies etc. I home cook for Bella and use more meat than veggies and rice and I also give her dry GO dog food. Anyone know of a good dry food that is low protien and should I be feeding her more veggies than meat???? Want to keep her little kidneys healthy!
PS - appointment is made for spaying at end of month.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Miss Priss, May 9 5:16 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Our first foster doggie is coming today
Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Wed Mar 18, '09 10:13am PST 
We're looking forward to welcoming Pickles into our home for awhile. She is a Chihuahua that can't stay with her adoptive humans because the wife is extremely allergic to Pickles. They've only had her a week but have bonded and are very sad they have to give her up. She's coming today - we're excited to get a chance to help!!! blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zelda, Mar 25 1:44 pm

Dog Health > scratching like crazy - worried

Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Wed Mar 11, '09 7:28pm PST 
Hi Winnie Lam - we did get a Capstar pill today from the vet and will get more to kill those little buggers if she gets hit again. We do have flea problems here but thank goodness there is no heartworm on the island! I am surprised the fleas are already around as we've had a very cold winter for our area - thought they would be another month or two before they caused problems.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Poquito ♥, Mar 12 10:52 am

Dog Health > does everyone use flea medications??

Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Wed Mar 11, '09 7:09pm PST 
Hi Bingley - It's the same kind of sentinel you're on. I got a Capstar tablet for any that may be hanging around - I'd love to see those nasty little buggers drop dead!!! I'll have to get a few Capstar tabs to have around. Bella seems to be much better now - we have her on Vanectyl to help stop the itching. I can't stand to see our little one suffering in any way. Think I'll try and get the groomer to come to my house from now on - she used to. I know Bella was flealess before her grooming - fleas do thrive in our area but we've had such a cold winter this year I didn't think they'd be around yet. Thank goodness there's not heartworm on the island!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Moses - In Loving Memory, Mar 13 10:04 am

Dog Health > does everyone use flea medications??

Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Wed Mar 11, '09 5:12pm PST 
Just back from a visit to the vets because Bella is so sensitive to their bites. Posted earlier we use Revolution but vet is now recommending we stop as she has just returned from a conference that has made her think twice about using it. We're putting Bella on Sentinel - good for the fleas and heartworm.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Moses - In Loving Memory, Mar 13 10:04 am

Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Wed Mar 11, '09 5:10pm PST 
Back from the vet with meds for the itch. Bella is reallysensitive to fleas. $142 later.....but that included the blood test pre spaying - I'm getting brave enough I think, and it included 1 pill to kill any fleas that may still be around for 7 to 8 hours - love those flea killers. I also found out the vet had just attended a conference and is not recommending Revolution treatment for fleas any longer so will be giving Bella Sentinal for fleas, heartworm and worms from now on. We don't have the monthly flea pill that was mentioned in previous posts in Canada but Sentinel seems to be the same type of monthly pill. Bella has settled down a little and is getting a little peace now. I don't think I could have spent another night of belly rubs all night...she just melts when we rub her belly! LOL
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Poquito ♥, Mar 12 10:52 am

Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Wed Mar 11, '09 3:09pm PST 
I have an appointment for her today. She seems to be a little more comfortable now but I don't want to take any chances. I think she is very flea sensitive - I hope it's not diet!!!!! I'm going to ask our vet about Comfortis.....what is Beneficial Nematodes???? I've never heard of that?? thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Poquito ♥, Mar 12 10:52 am

Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Wed Mar 11, '09 1:55pm PST 
Bella came home from the groomer a couple weeks ago scratching. I couldn't figure it out then a couple days later I found 2 fleas. Got the Revolution treatment and hoped all would be well. Last night she kept me up all night crying and scratching. The only way I could keep her quiet was to put her on her back and rub her tummy - she loves tummy rubs - and I did that just about all night. This morning I gave her a bath with doggie oatmeal shampoo hoping that would help relieve her. I didn't find any fleas - I've been checking her out 10 times a day and haven't found any after the 2 I killed. Poor Bella is going nuts with the itch - I have made an appt with the vet this afternoon (which I really can't afford|) but I can't let her keep scratching herself and be so uncomfortable. If it's not fleas does anyone know of anything else that may cause excessive scratching? I haven't made any changes to her diet other than giving her distilled water instead of tap. That's the only thing I can think of that I'm doing different.
I'm feeling kind of sick right now - hate to see her suffer.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Poquito ♥, Mar 12 10:52 am

Grooming > Do rolled collers really help with long coated dogs from getting matts?

Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Tue Mar 10, '09 2:03pm PST 
I looked at the round leather collars - they are really stiff. Do they soften up with use?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Baron, Mar 24 9:11 am

Dog Health > Hydrogen Peroxide
Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Tue Mar 10, '09 1:46pm PST 
here's a great link about peroxide - handy stuff if used correctly!

http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com/uses-for-hydrog en-peroxide.html
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bella, Mar 10 1:46 pm

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.