Postings by Webster

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

What I Love About Dogster > Lori @HQ Testing
Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Barked: Sun Sep 7, '14 9:27pm PST 
Duchess, it sounds like you are using Internet Explorer version 11, which is causing the same problem for other Dogster and Catster members. I'm sure that I-5 will eventually work out a solution, but in the meantime I would suggest either "rolling back" to IE10 (still fully supported with updates from Microsoft) or switching to another browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Webster, Sep 7 9:27 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Trouble accessing the Dogster Forum Helper web page for making hoverlinks?
Webster

Barked: Fri Apr 4, '14 11:27pm PST 
The Dogster Forum Helper web pages formerly available at jonradchenko.com or jonrad.com for creating hoverlinks are not accessible.

I just checked and found out that jonrad.com is no longer under control of the gentleman who created the Dogster Forum Helper web page that had been hosted on both of those domains in te past. Apparently he has let the license lapse on jonrad.com, just as he had previously for jonradchenko.com. Both domains are now held by another party looking to sell the domains. In other words, we no longer have that facility available to us for making hoverlinks.

But don't panic... don't despair! Some have already done as I suggested some time ago and saved the HTML & javascript code on their own drives for generating those links so that they don't need to rely on any other site. If you haven't done that, you can still make hoverlinks here (Thanks to WatchDog/WatchCat John!):

The Watch Dog & Watch Cat Rollover Images Group

That link should work from both Dogster and Catster. Just go there and scroll down a little bit to find the same form that you are used to seeing on the jonrad.com web page. Join the group for easy access right from your Groups list.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Apr 16 7:10 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > A great Bully friend of Dogster has passed, Thor

Webster

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 7:38pm PST 
Such sad news! There are so many of us who will always remember him fondly, especially whenever we have some SPAM and whenever we let one slip. red face

Here's to you, Thor. You always knew how to live well and share the fun with us.

hughughughughughughug for your family.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Talker, Aug 2 11:48 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Double Post trouble

Webster

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 6:44pm PST 
Sometimes things just hang up after you submit a post, so you never get confirmation of your post. Instead of clicking again to re-submit it, use your back button to go back to the forum page, then reload/refresh the page to see if your post showed up. Usually, you'll find that it was successfully posted! And if not, just use your forward button to try again.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Webster, Jun 7 6:44 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > How do I add a Backround to my dogs page and where

Webster

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 7:47pm PST 
In addition to Flicka's advice, I would urge you NOT to get code from any other site that offers it. This is Dogster, after all, not Myspace or anything else, and any code you put on your page here needs to be created for this site. This is very important, as we have seen some nasty results from using incompatible code!
eekeekeek
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Webster, Apr 28 7:47 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Birthday Stroll
Webster

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 9:18pm PST 
Flicka's suggestion will do the trick, but it can be done more easily. The way things are set up make the process rather confusing but here are the possibilities:

As noted above, navigate to the "See the Dogs" page.

In the second section on that page, titled "Themed Photo Galleries", there is a "Birthday" link. However, this is simply a stroll based on photos which have been tagged as "Birthday" by the owners of the photos. ALL photos so tagged - and ONLY those photos - will be included in the Birthday Stroll every day, forever, as long as that tag remains on the photo. Dogs will NOT be automatically included in the Birthday Stroll, on their birthday or any other day, regardless of any email announcements received from Dogster HQ. Unfortunately, the method Flicka performs the same action as this "Birthday" link, so those results will be equally unreliable.

To find dogs who are actually celebrating a birthday, scroll down just a bit further on that "See the Dogs" page, to the third section, titled "More Strolls". Look for a link which says "Dogs Born on..." (followed by the current date). A click on that link will show the real Birthday pups! It is a shortcut to the Advanced Search facility using the current date in the birth date fields.

If you want to find dogs whose birthday is tomorrow, yesterday, or any other day you choose, use the Advance Search link near the bottom of the page, and enter the appropriate birth date info to find them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF THE BIRTHDAY PUPS... EVERY DAY!
partypartywishespartypartypartywishes
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, May 28 9:44 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > wont post my topic

Webster

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 8:25pm PST 
Since saltwater and wristwatch are acceptable now, they must have either added them as exceptions, or simply removed the offending word from the list.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by rosco, May 1 4:07 pm

Webster

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 10:09pm PST 
Drop the first four letters and the last two letters, and what remains is a crude, vulgar term for a female anatomical feature, which is also used as a despicable derogatory epithet (especially in British English, per Wikipedia).

Defining and refining unacceptable terms in a software language filter is a daunting and virtually (no pun intended) impossible task. And the resultant effect on the user's experience can be measured in varying degrees of frustration. But in my opinion, it is far better to deal with the occasional glitch - which can dish up a bit of amusement at times - than to be dragged down into the filthy stinking morass of what passes for "communication" on so many other websites.

NOTE: for Plus Members, there is another forum on this topic, which you can find here:
Censoring....
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by rosco, May 1 4:07 pm

Webster

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 4:38pm PST 
There is an embedded profanity in the middle of "wrist-watch" (without the hyphen) that is triggering the warning. That ugly little bit is far from proper! confused
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by rosco, May 1 4:07 pm

Webster

Barked: Mon Apr 1, '13 4:20pm PST 
Insert a space or a hyphen between "wrist" and "watch" and your problem will be resolved. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by rosco, May 1 4:07 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.