GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Get Well Soon > My Dachshund, Frankie, has a slipped disc. I have questions.
Franklin- Zero- Stein--"Fran- kie"

Hi! I'm Frankie!

Barked: Sat May 12, '07 9:51pm PST 
After 2 days of thinking that my baby Frankie had just hurt his foot I decided to take him to the vet to make sure that that was all that was wrong with him. I found out that he has a slipped disc in his back and I was wondering if someone else has had this problem and could tell me how much did the surgery cost to get it fixed and did it work and would it heal without the surgery (the vet said it might) and just any information anyone can give would be wonderful.

They said the surgery would probably be over $1000.00 and I'm trying to raise some of the money for it because I'm only 16 and though I do have a job, I don't have that much money right now.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 4:57 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Breeding...what do you think??

Hi! I'm Frankie!

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 7:25pm PST 
Hershey, while I do agree with you on all of what you said. I do, sort of still believe that there should be a limit unless maybe you prove that you DO indeed have the funds to vet them and take proper care of all the dogs you own because most people that have like you know 7 or more dogs...don't have the kind of money they SHOULD have to take care of not only the dogs, but the dogs AND themselves as well. You'd have to be pretty well off to be able to afford the vet visits that may pop up unexpectedly and the different diets the different dogs might need to be put on sooner or later because say you have 3 different dogs and they all eat different types of food...plus you have maybe 5 or 6 other ones on top of it that share the same brand. You need to be absolutely positive that you can afford them all before you go out and get them because once you get them the only option if you can't afford them is to get rid of them. And then, one way or another they end up at a local shelter somewhere. And I don't know anyone right know that can afford more than 5 dogs unless you are pretty well off or a celebrity. All I'm saying is there are SOME reasons why you should have a limit. And really the only way that I see that you (meaning anyone) should be able to have as many dogs/pets as they want is if you PROVE that you, like I said, have the funds to take care of however many you want.
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 10:48 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Any VA. dogs out there??

Hi! I'm Frankie!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 8:59pm PST 
yeah. i'm still in school. in 11th grade. i'm 16. that's cool. so do you still keep in touch with your mom?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Dec 16 9:49 pm

Hi! I'm Frankie!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 8:46pm PST 
Same grade. Yeah. She's obsessed with Avril Lavigne. You guys could probably get along well. lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Dec 16 9:49 pm

Hi! I'm Frankie!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 8:36pm PST 
Exactly. I never had thought about that AKC thing. My dog Frankie is AKC reg. and has papers on him. He only cost me $100.00. The woman let him go because he wouldn't produce puppies. Of course that was AFTER she had kept him outside for 5 years of his 6 year long life. Thank god I got him at middle age. I'd hate to think of him being a senior and staying outside all the time. I'd hate to think of any aged dog staying outside all the time....but seniors might not be able to handle it as well when they get older and stuff. It's gotta be hard.
[notify]
» There has since been 50 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 10:48 am

Hi! I'm Frankie!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 8:31pm PST 
cool. yeah. there isn't much in carolina. do you have a myspace?
my little sister is the same age as you and LOVES avril lavigne. that's kinda funny.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Dec 16 9:49 pm

Hi! I'm Frankie!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 8:11pm PST 
Awesome...lol. I would use the "dog language" but I've decided to be myself for now lol. Yeah...I got my Frankster from NC. Great dog. So what do you come to Norfolk for??
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Dec 16 9:49 pm

Hi! I'm Frankie!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 8:00pm PST 
Hey! It's me, Frankie. I was just seeing if we have any dogs out there (besides myself) representing Virginia. Any area. I'm from Norfolk.
Post if your from VA.

Thanks!
Frankie
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Dec 16 9:49 pm

Hi! I'm Frankie!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 5:25pm PST 
Ok. I wasn't exactly sure where to post this topic but I just wanted to see what everyone thinks about breeding. Here are my views....
I adopted a 6 yr. old Dachshund "Frankie" about a month ago...sweetest dog ever, great personality! He was rescued from a woman who had/kept 300 dogs (of different breeds) outside...all year, through the snow, rain and whatever horrible storms passed through during that time. Why?? All so that she could make fast money without leaving her house to work hard like everyone else does for it. I know that some people breed responsibly but this just wasn't the case...and sadly enough, I am quite sure that she isn't the only one that does this. That's one problem with people living in the country...they breed and breed and breed because in most places there are no limits to the amount of dogs you can have in the country. Here in VA. you are only allowed 4 dogs. That's it. And I think every state should have a limit. Anyway, I know this post is kinda long but I'm just letting everyone know what Frankie and many others have to go through just so people can make money. I know a lot of you already know but I'm sure there are some who don't. Infact, I know there are some who don't know or don't don't realize or just don't care because they go out and buy these puppies for the exact same reason...to breed. And you just don't know how much Frankie loved eating kibbles and bits rather than what the breeder fed him, having to feed 300 dogs and all. Or how he acted going for his very first car ride or living inside his first warm house where people treated him as more than a machine. I don't....just thinking out loud I guess.
So what do you think??
[notify]
» There has since been 52 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 10:48 am

Other Barks & Woofs > Dogs in stores? It'd be cool....

Hi! I'm Frankie!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 11:41am PST 
Right on! BOL. Exactly...service dogs are just the same as most well groomed well behaved dogs...except they aren't working. There's hardly a difference.

And some of the kids/teenagers I've seen are worse than dogs. I mean you got them bringing guns to schools and other places and killing random people.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 7:10 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.