Postings by Brigid

GO!

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Amputation
Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Wed Apr 20, '11 6:53am PST 
Brigid's first bout with cancer came when she was one year old. Hers was behind her left ear, right at the base. Thankfully because of the amount of loose skin the boxers have, they were able to seal it up ok. She has also had one on her inner right thigh. They managed to remove the mass without amputation, but there is a new skin tag that has appeared in general area now and is growing that we will be taking her in to get tested soon. (previous testing done on it showed it was clear) With where this current bump is, they would have to remove the entire leg to get it

We have some friends back in oregon with a 3 legged boxer. So far, no problems what so ever for them. Mobility is awesome for them, she actually runs with the other dogs in the dog park sometimes, never had a problem. Theirs was removed because the dog had been a stray hit by a car before they got her.

hug
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lily Plata, Apr 20 3:54 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Crossbreed owners, ever felt looked down upon?
Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 5:02pm PST 
only if I have my mix breeds with me at a show.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Angus, Jul 17 9:25 pm

Dog Health > animal shelter, why do breeders breed?

Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 4:37pm PST 
Well put Addy. I have bridged the gap between the purebred show dog breeders and rescue for years. Since childhood to be exact. (and I ain't no puppy wink ) I hear the snide remarks from fellow shelter workers about my purebreds bought from a breeder. And yet they know there is little I wont do for the shelter animals, and I put myself and my family on the line doing rescues in home at times.

I understand the rage of holding 50 cats, sometimes newborns while they are put down. I understand holding a dog who did nothing wrong except not pass the doggy dominance test while the shot is administered. As welfare coordinator, I understand better than most what its like to spend every single day crying while you fill out the paperwork to put another animal down that fell sick, because there simply is no more room or fosters to take the animal that's almost better, but still been in the room the longest. I know the pain, I know the rage. Something dies inside you every time you go there, but you go to help those that you can.

But in NO way is it ok to push back ethical breeders of good lines and great health scores from all the tests their breeds need. You think things are bad in the shelter now? Wait a few years of having the good breeds all wait to breed. Have them breed animals that are too old to be bred. Start seeing the damage there. Oh and wait, now you have a shelter full of dogs that are so poorly bred they cant walk. Lets by all means make it so the only companion animals are those bred by people who don't care, and have every one of the genetic issues these breeds have rear their ugly heads in ALL the dogs, because those who care aren't doing it. Let's have no working animals out in the fields as they have been for centuries, coming in to loving homes after a days work. Those dogs wont be bred either, and we lose much of ourselves with those dogs.

Good breeders make little from this. They do it for love and they do take back their animals if they need to. Your issue is the backyard breeder. Take out your anger and the one who is truly causing the harm. My buying my dogs this time around didnt kill that puppy. The BYB/Mill who bred it did.
[notify]
» There has since been 198 posts. Last posting by Addy, CGC, Jul 22 6:12 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Meaty biscuit treats without all that flour? Ideas?

Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '09 9:51pm PST 
Avoid nut flours. I have seen bad reactions from many nuts in dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sedona, Jul 13 3:20 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Recipes

Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '09 5:39pm PST 
There is a home coking group you can join with TONS of recipes here on dogster. Easier than us listing them one by one, I would peek in there. If you have a specific type you need, let us know. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kiki - My Angel Baby Girl, Jul 20 8:24 pm

Puppy Place > i'm sad :(
Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '09 12:31pm PST 
Brigid loves your video! She is laying next to me, and while I played them decided to hop up so she could watch them. laugh out loud 4 paws up (as she has returned to laying on her back comfortably)

When we dog sat for friends, wow did we ever hate giving them back. Love watching them all play. I dont want to ever go back to one dog at a time!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥The Brat Pack♥ , Jul 12 10:37 pm

Dog Health > What is wrong with people???

Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Tue Jul 7, '09 2:44pm PST 
I replied, but I am honestly hoping its just another troll. Otherwise my last shred of hope for humanity may have just dropped off
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Otto, Jul 8 8:19 pm

Dog Health > Beagle vomiting

Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Tue Jul 7, '09 2:38pm PST 
He may be eating too fast. Besides splitting meals and giving twice a day to keep the stomach more full, if they eat it too fast it can come back up. Have you tried to give him chicken (or boiled hamburger) with rice for a while to see how well he does on that? I have known a few dogs whose stomachs weren't doing well with the good grain free brands out there, that thrived when switched to a different type of food. thinking Just a thought
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brigid, Jul 7 2:38 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > yummy snack

Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Sun Jul 5, '09 8:12pm PST 
we do the frosty paws with banana and with peanut butter as well. All are great snacks. Never tried cantaloupe before this one. Dunno why.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brigid, Jul 5 8:12 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > yummy snack
Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Sun Jul 5, '09 3:18pm PST 
So I was eating cantaloupe. And I have read that its dog safe in small amounts (can cause the runs if much is given at once. And of course this is fully skinned and cleaned from seeds) So I ran some through the blender, added some yogurt and froze them into mini cubes for a fast snack. They LOVE 'em
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Brigid, Jul 5 8:12 pm

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.