Postings by Root

GO!

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

Dog Laws & Legislation > dog Fighting Alive and Well.....
Root

if life gives u- lemons,play- fetch w them

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '08 5:35pm PST 
there have been a number of sites out there that try to get people to see what is wrong with something by pretending to do it... such as kittens in jars, eating dog meat, selling pets for research, and now dog fighting.

the site, if you read all of it, is actually quite amusing.

proof that it was made by an animal rights activist:
"Animals die, it's what they do, but some are bred just to be killed. Your local fish hatchery isn't wrong for breeding thousands of fish just to release them for the sport-kill of licensed fishermen. This is barely different, except that instead of the Department of Fish & Game taking the $32 a head, you'll get to keep it. Never mind the brutality suffered to put a steak on your table, eggs in your omelet or that gorgeous panda fur you wear around your neck while shopping for ivory."
laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Shadow NPC, MDM, Mar 10 6:43 pm

Behavior & Training > Trying to clicker train... not successful.
Root

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 4:24pm PST 
how loud is the clicker you are using? the only suggestion i have (sorry) is to try a much quieter one.
or click a pen or baby food jar, they are quieter.

and maybe that will allow you to work up to a regular clicker (because who wants to carry a jar of baby food around?!).
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Ginger DSA ThD TT CGC &hearts, Feb 19 2:38 pm

Dog Health > Breeding

Root

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '08 6:55pm PST 
it sounds like you are wanting to head in the right direction as far as becoming a breeder goes, but it also sounds like you are jumping the gun a bit in your excitement (and believing that you must, or should, breed on the second heat).

why don't you skip this one and read up some more, maybe find a few more contacts? by the next heat, only the third heat, you may find that you are ready, or you may find that you still have more to learn. but seriously, what will really be lost by waiting a few months and digging a bit deeper?

and I want to add that any mentor that insists that you go ahead before you are truly ready is not the best mentor. a good mentor will be there for you while you learn and will support you when you know the time is right.

I wish you the best of luck on your path and in your decisions!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Feb 6 1:00 pm

Behavior & Training > Positive Sign for Crate Training?

Root

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 6:06pm PST 
you could cover the wire crate with a blanket or piece of fabric, rather than buying a whole new crate, if you think the old crate does not hold bad memories and you want to try giving more privacy...
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jin, Feb 5 2:56 pm

Behavior & Training > please help, introducing a new dog

Root

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '08 4:25pm PST 
it sounds like they are just sorting out pack order, honestly.

the best thing I have found for increasing harmony is pack walks. it gets them more in sync with each other as pack members...

good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by molly , Jan 28 8:05 am

Dog Health > Doggy Blood Donors
Root

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '08 4:05pm PST 
I am Random's sister and I donated too. you can see my proud pics on my page.

they shaved my arm, but other than that, I didn't mind.

and some pet stores give a discount after you donate. we went to PetCo but they didn't give the discount.
frown
but EVERYONE was petting us and giving us love. and mom bought us new toys anyway.
dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 8:17 pm

Raw Food Diet > please help mom, she is just staring at the chicken...

Root

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '08 2:50pm PST 
hi, I am Random's sister!
wave

we can't wait for our snack!
thanks for all of the help so far!
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Random, Jan 22 4:53 pm

Dog Health > Second litter, just after the first

Root

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '08 10:48am PST 
Everything I have heard and read suggests that it is, indeed, very hard on a female dog to have litters this closely together. I would suggest talking with your vet about a spay-termination as well as neutering your boys. If you decide to allow the pregnancy to continue, be sure to look into increasing food quantity and quality and possibly feeding supplements (since she has not fully recovered yet from the previous litter). Good luck, I hope Brandy lives a long and healthy life!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Lacey Luv, Jan 29 3:20 am

Dog Health > Dog Parks

Root

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '08 10:29am PST 
For a long time, I thought there was not a dog park near me, besides the expensive, private park, so we have been going to one about 30-40 minutes away (five dollars a year per family). It turns out that there is a dog park about 10 minutes away, in the next city! I think the reason I couldn't find it was because while the private parks advertise, this park is just listed in the Parks and Recreation section of the city webpage. It took some poking, but eventually I found it (and then added it to Dogster Local).

I have since found that I love the dog park and would pay HUNDREDS of dollars to use it. The price of happy and tired dogs is well beyond $10 or so a month. I hope that if you do start using a park, you find that you love it as much as we do!

Now we just have to decide if we want to give up our friends at our current park and start going to the closer one...
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Patches, Mar 7 1:46 pm

Behavior & Training > Great! What to do now?
Root

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '08 3:39pm PST 
We are not too big on Nylabones either- except the Puzzle Bone. Maybe because it moves around as you chew it?

And we have chewed through a number of treat balls, but mommy made an indestructible (for several years now) treat ball by removing the plug of a Best Ball (large or XL size, can't remember) and drilling another small hole in the other end. It works just the same, but we can't tear it apart!
snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kelpie, Jan 16 3:58 pm

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.