Postings by Tucker

GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Beagle > What's the most expensive thing your Beagle has wrecked?
Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Thu Apr 29, '10 11:44am PST 
Tucker has destroyed the following expensive items:

My Nokia 6682 mobile phone (my second best mobile phone I ever owned!)
Part of my mattress (still haven't replaced it, just flipped the chewed through part down)
My ironing cord (agh! that was an expensive iron, too)
Various DVDs of movies I probably won't have watched anyway

It has been years, though, since Tucker has chewed through something he wasn't supposed to. He seems to have outgrown it. I have been known to leave my cellphone unattended, and it turned out ok. Plus, I now sleep with my glasses within Tucker-range, and even though they are plastic, he has yet checked through them.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Dec 22 11:04 am

Food & Nutrition > How do you wean him back onto dog food?
Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '07 8:43am PST 
After a bout with diarrhea, I've had Tucker on brown rice & white chicken. Wednesday AM I gave him 1/2 a cup of the rice & chicken. Wednesday PM & this morning, the same thing.

Tucker's been fine since Tuesday night (the diarrhea cleared up). But the question I have: how do I wean him back onto his dry food?

FYI: Tucker is a 27-lb, 2 y.o. beagle. I normally give him 3/4 cup of kibble in the morning, and another 3/4 cup in the evening.

I'm all out of the rice & chicken mix, so should I just start off with maybe 1/2 cup of kibble for the next day?

Any advice from people who've experienced this would be appreciated.

--Peter
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kaya, Jul 12 9:00 am

Beagle > New here, new beagle pup...

Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 11:52am PST 
Hi, Raisin. Aren't you the cutie.wave

I got Tucker after he was about 1 years old, so that is going to be different than with a puppy. Initially, I left Tucker in my room, but I was always afraid that he'd chew through my TV cable, clothes, shoes, mattress, etc. As much as I hate to do it to him, and as much as he hates to go into it, I now crate Tucker. I know he's safe & my stuff will remain intact.

For about the first week, Tucker howled & yelped whenever he was crated. But because no one was home to respond to him, he eventually learned not to. (And, when I'm in the computer room & keep Tucker in my bedroom uncrated, he does howl.)

I got Tucker a water bowl that screws into the wire door to his crate. It doesn't hold a whole lot of water. There are times when I come home from work and he hasn't drank a thing. There are times when he's drank everything. I just can't leave a dog confined for a working day without water.

Good luck with everything. You'll find that Dogster is a great resource for answering questions, getting opinions, and finding that Raisin isn't the only dog that ever does _____.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mrs. Bailey Star Hennessey, Jul 12 1:21 pm

Beagle > The most expensive things your beagle has chewed…

Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Sun Jul 8, '07 11:11am PST 
Well, I thought the two cell phones was a lot, but I can see that there are many evil beagles out there. big laugh

While I don't know exactly when Tucker's birthday is, I celebrated it yesterday. Now that Tucker's two, I am beginning to see the first signs of his calming down. I think I've probably got about another year or so before he goes into chill mode.

As stubborn and destructive as they can be, I love beagles. And it's always nice to know that we aren't alone when we come home only to find that our dog has suddenly decided to chew the remote, mattress, shoes, computer cables, cell phones, or night stand.
[notify]
» There has since been 66 posts. Last posting by Raynor, Dec 10 10:45 am

Beagle > cutest beagle in the world????

Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '07 6:17am PST 
It will be so hard to judge…all beagles are cute.
snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 107 posts. Last posting by Bonnie, Apr 18 1:37 am

Behavior & Training > Keeping dogs inside.
Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '07 2:31pm PST 
When I got Tucker, my mom (who grew up on farm in a small town in central Indiana) told me that beagles were often the victims of theft. A beagle is a hunting dog, and thus is liable to be stolen by other hunters.

Of course, Tucker is a city beagle, so I keep him indoors. He can go from about 8:30 to 5:15 M - F while I'm at work. He's crated while I'm away. I hate doing it to him, but I'm afraid he'll chew through a cable or TV cord and either electrocute himself or just cost me a lot of money. He's never had an accident while he's been crated.
[notify]
» There has since been 71 posts. Last posting by , Jul 30 9:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Crate Training... or not?

Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '07 1:56pm PST 
Tucker isn't the biggest fan of his crate, but being the chewer that he is, it's the safest place for him & my stuff. (Go to the Beagle forums group to see just how many expensive things beagles chew through.)

For male dogs, the best crate is the plastic carrier style crate. This prevents a male dog from lifting his leg & going through the wire mesh style crate, thus defeating the purpose of crating them.

There are advantages to crating your dog. It's easier when you travel & crating your dog when you're in a hotel or guest bedroom. It's easier when you have to board your dog if you can't take them with you. And when the A/C broke down in my house, it is easy to crate them at a friend's place while you're (and they're) at work.

Getting your dog crate trained will serve both you & your dog better off in the long run.
--Peter
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Patches, Jun 29 3:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > Dogs are omnivorous, NOT carnivorous

Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '07 10:30am PST 
Tucker not only eats grass, he LOVES it. I've researched why dogs eat grass, and the only answer that I believe is: "We don't know why dogs eat grass any more than dogs know why we eat salsa."

I to believe that dogs are, by and large, omnivores. However, with that said, my parents' dog is vegetarian.
[notify]
» There has since been 250 posts. Last posting by Dollybaby, Jul 2 7:56 am

Food & Nutrition > Does everypup eat 2 times a day?

Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '07 8:03am PST 
Yup…twice a day.

Growing up, our cocker spaniel was free fed. My roommate still free feds Daisy, but Tucker gets two square meals a day.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by ♥Molly, Jun 25 8:27 am

Dog Health > Any neutering regretts?
Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '07 10:40am PST 
Since Tucker was rescued from the street by an acquaintance, my perspective on things is a bit different (and I'm a guy to boot). Sometimes I get misquoted when I say this, but the last thing this world needs is more Tuckers. By that, dogs that are neglected, left on the street, malnourished, and no one to care for them. There's barely a day that goes by when I'm walking Tucker that I think about where he used to sleep, what he used to drink, and what he used to eat.

The right thing is to have your dog neutered. Tucker is extremely active, healthy, and hasn't gotten fat. I haven't regretted it at all.

You should be forewarned, however, that neutering only reduces the likelihood of marking & leg-lifting. Tucker marks & lifts his leg. The neutering didn't stop that.

Also, consider microchipping your dog if you haven't done so already. They are going to be under while the surgery is being performed, so it is a great time to have a microchip implanted.
[notify]
» There has since been 83 posts. Last posting by Max-Pyrenean Mastiff, Jun 22 8:12 pm

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.