Postings by Savannah Blue Belle

GO!

(Page 1 of 391: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Puppy Place > Raising orphaned pups after their mother died because of a calcium defeciency
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue Jun 17, '14 5:48am PST 
Aren't there any private groups...that wouldn't be influenced by whatever bribes she might offer? I'm talking Animal Welfare, not Animal Control. If you want to do something, do something. Report them.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

Puppy Place > Raising orphaned pups after their mother died because of a calcium defeciency
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Jun 16, '14 1:14pm PST 
sounds like reporting her to an animal welfare group would be your best hope.

seriously...
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

Puppy Place > Third time seeing neighbor's dog loose...any advice..?

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 6:02am PST 
Thanks so much, Mulder, I love to hear that perspective, because I have also been in the same situation. If my neighbor/complainer had handled it differently we might not be lifelong enemies now. (his approach was to curse me out and make threats against me and my dogs...long story - some may remember reading it in my posts.)

Try talking first. And know your local rules. And best of luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, Jun 13 6:02 am

Puppy Place > Third time seeing neighbor's dog loose...any advice..?

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Jun 11, '14 5:19pm PST 
Try calling the public library and ask for the information person to look up the county or district dog laws. If there is a leash law in your area, it would be in the code. Most libraries have a copy. Sometimes the codes are not that easy to interpret so you could ask if they can give you a contact for the state law library which should have somebody on staff that understands legal texts. This (at least) will give you an idea of the rules on record for your area. Our particular area has a clearly enough stated code, but sometimes the dog wardens have a different interpretation of it, depending on which one you get. If you think it clearly states rules that the neighbor is falling to adhere too, you could show it to them and tell them that you are worried for your dog's safety. Try talking to them directly, most people can be reasonable, so hope you have some luck.

Of course if they DON'T listen you will have to get the authorities in, but having the text of the code might be helpful there too.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, Jun 13 6:02 am

Choosing the Right Dog > That Question Again...

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Fri Jun 6, '14 12:23pm PST 
I have been daydreaming about my ideal dog, and realize that many of the traits my little Corgi mix has are just what I would like in the perfect dog.

She is smart, but not a genius - not high level like a border collie, so content to just goof off - job not required. She is a tad Velcro in that she is very devoted to me. I am obviously her person. She isn't too clingy, though - okay with being left alone for a while.

She is very biddable. She has herding instincts and is very attentive to direction. I taught her some agility tricks and did not keep in practice, but recently gave her the "go" command near some equipment and she took off and remembered her routine.

Are these traits Corgi? Is she just accidently the right tude for me? How on earth can I ever find another with these traits if it is not breed or group related? (I think her looks are adorable, but number one for me would be a dog with her instincts.)
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Jun 10 8:59 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > New to forum
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed May 14, '14 5:36am PST 
changes by location. different communities have different laws. local codes are often available online, so what area are you trying to find out about?
[notify]
» There has since been -2 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, May 14 5:36 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Not sure where this goes but have to rant a little.

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed May 7, '14 4:57am PST 
all of which is ot, so peace, peeps. I suppose this is ot as well, but the primary poster here has a history of posting questionable items and has demonstrated poor judgment on more than one occasion. I am distressed to see that they have adopted yet another dog.

and by the way, I am a geezer as well and neither want or deserve respect if I am in error. random disrespect is another matter, but if I have it coming to me then I deserve it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, May 9 8:50 am

Behavior & Training > Question about K-9 training...

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue May 6, '14 10:33am PST 
stopped back to say that I didn't intend to make any sort of remark to disrespect law enforcement in general. just some of them. some of them around here. and to bump this past all those darn spambots. sheesh.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, May 6 10:33 am

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon May 5, '14 6:30pm PST 
So mistakes were made. I guess that goes without saying. Of course I am very sorry for the incident, but just wondered how this would take place, assuming that they would operate under pretty stringent training and rules of practice.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20140504/NEWS/305040010/Worce ster-K-9-hit-by-car-dies?nclick_check=1
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, May 6 10:33 am

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon May 5, '14 7:25am PST 
An article in our local paper today has me wondering about K-9 training. A K-9 for one of the nearby county sheriff depts. was killed when it jumped out the car window while on duty while the handler was away from the vehicle. Not much detail given, but article said that the dog "alerted" to something and jumped out to investigate. This strikes me as odd. Shouldn't the dog be trained to wait for a command? Should it even be in a vehicle that it could exit at will, if not so trained? I don't know K-9 handling, but know some of you will. Curious about this. Would not be surprised to find that a local law enforcement agency was doing something all bass-ackward.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, May 6 10:33 am

(Page 1 of 391: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.