Postings by Gracie - In Loving Memory

GO!

(Page 1 of 87: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Beach with Service Dog- Can the vest come off?
Gracie - In Loving- Memory

Service with a- Smile! : )

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 4:14pm PST 
I'm all for keeping the vest on. It looks professional.

Gracie was a mostly black dog. I used a lighter colored vest on her -red- and her fur was actually cooler under the vest.
Lighter colors reflect sun light.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mattie, Jul 20 3:40 pm

Dog Health > Age?

Barked: Thu May 30, '13 7:01pm PST 
Gracie was active till a few days before her death at 14 yrs.
People used to thing she was only 2 or at the most 6 yrs.

Of course Bostons tend to remain playful til the end
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Opheila, May 31 9:48 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Sad news

Barked: Mon May 27, '13 4:01pm PST 
Thank you everyone.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 28 6:28 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Sad news

Barked: Sat May 25, '13 8:24am PST 
My dear Gracie, my first service dog, has passed away.
I've been a mess.
Its maybe not the proper place to put this, but I know many of the service dogs on here knew her.
Tracey-
Gracie's person
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 28 6:28 am

Behavior & Training > Old age and aggression

Barked: Sun Aug 5, '12 1:34pm PST 
Gracie is 13 and has gone from a always very sweet dog to a sometimes grumpy and barky dog. My vet said she is healthy but with a few old dog issues.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 7 6:34 pm

Behavior & Training > please help - all of a sudden, dog stopped following commands; pees instead

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '11 7:03am PST 
Brain tumors are common in Boxers. This could cause a change in behavior.
Sometimes dogs will have a bad reaction to vaccines and "lose" their training. Seizures can also cause this.

Since your dog is afraid of the clicker, she is probably a little timid. Something could have happened to frighten her badly, such as someone outside calling her and then beating on the fence or maybe someone beating on the door while you are gone. Can anyone in the family or any of the neighbors be doing something to her?

When Gracie was young she was abused by a ex boyfriend. He did this when I wasn't around though I did end up catching him. Gracie went from a confident dog that did a lot of things to a dog that would just shake or cower if you told her to do anything. She was even afraid to eat.

She eventually came around with a whole lot of patience.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Lobo, Dec 10 3:42 am

Choosing the Right Dog > People that know dog genetics???

Barked: Tue Nov 8, '11 7:34pm PST 
With his fur type, Otis is definitely not a Dal/pit bull mix. If he was, his hair coat would be super short and without an undercoat.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 20 10:17 am

Choosing the Right Dog > A terrier discussion

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '11 3:16pm PST 
Gracie's mother would not just tree squirrels, she would run up the tree and catch them. However i don't think Bostons are the best squirrel dogs, though they could be trained to do it I'm sure like with any other smart breed.

I've only been squirrel hunting once and what you want the dog to do, if i remember correctly, is go around the tree to the side opposite to you and bark. This will make the squirrel come around to the side you are facing so you can get a good shot in.

Your terrier has drive to retrieve, why not awaken her desire for prey with stuffed animals? Play tug or do lure coursing with the toys or a squirrel hide if you can get one. Encourage her to take notice of squirrels. Terriers are smart and obsessive once they get the idea for a new game. I bet yours has enough pluck to do the job if you put a bit of training into it.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sammy - RIP, Oct 23 10:59 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Spaying for service dogs?

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 11:39pm PST 
Shadow, not every early neuter has panic or fear issues. If every early neuter had issues, then hopefully people would stop doing it! However there are studies that show that early neutering can cause this issue. I see this odd fear and hysteria more and more in my classes and it shows up ONLY in the early neuters. thinking
I definitely wouldn't want to chance this in a dog intended to be a SD.

It doesn't hurt to do other things with your service dog, such as showing in the breed ring. If anything training Gracie and my current SD Tuvok in rally obedience, obedience and agility has broadened their lives, increased their intelligence, and has increased their devotion to me. It has also made us work together better and smoother as a team.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by SHADOW - RIP 14 June 2014, Aug 30 10:19 am

Behavior & Training > Need help with a hybrid

Barked: Sun Aug 28, '11 11:11pm PST 
Some of her problems might be from her being abandoned in a cold garage at two weeks of age and then hand raised. Puppies that are abandoned or removed from their mother and litter mates before 6 weeks of age often develop problems with aggression and a lack of bite inhibition later on.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Happy, Sep 11 5:11 pm

(Page 1 of 87: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.