GO!

(Page 1 of 274: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Want to add Kefir and apple cider vinegar but am I supplementing too many things?
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 9:51pm PST 
For the apple cider vinegar (bragg's) a tablespoon a day or even every other day is sufficient. I love it as a supplement for dogs. My bulldog has been taking this on food since 2008 or so! We saw amazing results.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 23 9:51 pm

Dog Health > opinions on this product please its a probiotic
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 4:19pm PST 
I give Brodie human probiotics. It is the spring valley brand at walmart and he gets half a tablet a day....has for years.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 5 4:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > Sick of the dog food snobs!!

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 4:16pm PST 
I don't like when people are overly judgemental either. My bulldog has to eat NB LID diets. I have tried higher protein foods for him and he just doesn't do well. I have a lot of people that say it's not meant to be fed longterm just for allergy elimination trial but I have fed it since 2008 to him.
I have two other dogs that eat different foods..like wellness, TOTW, etc bc they can handle more protein etc and I feel like it's better for them.

The one thing that does irritate me though is someone saying they can't afford to at least feed their dog something decent but yet they blow their money on other useless things. Or someone that has a dog with health problems that continue to feed the crappy foods. I know some dogs will do ok on grocery store but most dogs will show huge improvements on higher quality foods without all the fillers. I have had friends ask me advice on what to do bc of certain issues with their pets and 9 times out of 10 a better or different food would help. So...then I give advice and they still don't listen.
[notify]
» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by , Jun 14 10:36 am

Food & Nutrition > Chicken Free and Grain Free Food

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Fri Oct 14, '11 11:04pm PST 
Natural Balance LID diets except for chicken.
Taste of the Wild pacific stream or sierra mtn are all pretty good for dog w food allergy and issues.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Oct 21 8:35 am

Dog Health > Ingrown tail?

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sun Sep 4, '11 5:55pm PST 
I haven't had that happen but Brodie our bulldog has a corkscrew type tail that needs the tail pocket cleaned out. When he was a pup the vet said it might need removed at some point..but he is 5 and it's fine
I add bragg's raw apple cider vinegar to his food and it works from the inside out and helps keep it clean.
When I do clean it I use mal a ket wipes.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 4 5:55 pm

Food & Nutrition > Sensitive Tummy :( Input??
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 8:20pm PST 
I have never tried premade raw or raw diet of any kind so I can't really help when it comes to that.

I will say our english bulldog has food allergies and intolerances. he had messy and frequent poop the first yr and half of his life or more. I finally put him on a very limited ingredient food and it helped so much. We use Natural Balance's LID diets and he does best on sw potato and bison.
He can't eat grains at all or they make him potty more and other things like chicken make him itchy.

I also do a probiotic and broke the meals up to smaller ones and that helped some too.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 11:21 am

Food & Nutrition > Possible Food Allergies?

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 8:17pm PST 
The other symptoms besides the upset tummy sound more like Atopic Allergies or seasonal or something.

My scottie has Atopic Dermatitis as well as flea allergy and her symptoms were rashes or sores/hotspots on tummy and under her front legs, dull coat, pulling hair out, sores between her toes, constantly biting feet, excessive itchiness and rubbing body and face on carpet or furniture. Her allergies are worse this time of year also. She takes Atopica now.

Whereas our bulldog has food allergy and/or intolerances and his symptoms were digestive troubles like diarrhea and vomiting, gas, constantly licking feet, redness around the mouth, ear issues, and pawing at his face.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 27 2:13 am

Food & Nutrition > purina dog food good or bad?

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Fri Aug 19, '11 7:26am PST 
Thanks guys I have several before and afters! I even showed them to the vet! BOL.
Check out this thread sometime, it has before and afters of Sierra and of my Brodie.

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/6 86767/1

(you'll have to remove any spaces in the link)
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 9:17 pm

Food & Nutrition > food allergies dont exist in dogs??

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Wed Aug 17, '11 4:08am PST 
Yeah, I always assumed Brodie's tummy troubles were intolerances and the skin issues to food were allergies...not sure though. Either way I know he has issues when he eats certain dog foods.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 17 4:08 am

Food & Nutrition > purina dog food good or bad?
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Wed Aug 17, '11 3:38am PST 
Brodie used to eat purina dog chow and pedigree. Take a look at this:

before

after on higher quality food
[notify]
» There has since been 48 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 9:17 pm

(Page 1 of 274: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.