GO!

(Page 1 of 178: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > 12 SCAREY FOODS AT CHRISTMAS
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Wed Jan 8, '14 3:38pm PST 
So nuts aren't so safe. What about peanut butter?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 9 4:13 am

Food & Nutrition > Question About Bones
Farley

Barked: Sun Dec 22, '13 8:56am PST 
Cooking bones does change them a lot. They become harder, drier, and more likely to crack and splinter.

I can hear the difference when Farley eats raw bones. They "crunch" and "pop" instead of cracking. It sounds like he's eating popcorn or raw carrots, even when chomping down on a piglet or rabbit skull. Most raw, non-weight-bearing bones are quite soft.

I do give him raw weight-bearing bones sometimes, but only when they are covered in meat and I take the bone itself away before he tries to consume it, because they can sometimes break or chip teeth.

He never gets cooked bones of any kind.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 8:56 am

Choosing the Right Dog > I'm cringing so hard right now

Farley

Barked: Tue Dec 3, '13 7:10pm PST 
LOL @ $2,000-$3,500 for a "designer" mutt. I will stick with my $150 shelter mutt, thanks. snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 29 7:42 am

Food & Nutrition > Large Breed Puppy Nutrition

Farley

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 5:28pm PST 
Zombie, this is not the raw feeding area of the forum, so here you are going to see many people who feed kibble who have happy, healthy dogs that are at a fine weight. I choose to raw feed but I respect other people's decisions to feed whatever they feed, without making generalizations that all kibble is evil and horrible. We all want what is best for our dogs and we all do what we can. If you'd like to talk more about raw feeding, I'd suggest hanging out in the raw forum.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 25 9:54 pm

Behavior & Training > Here we go again--now neighbors want a new puppy--serenity now!

Farley

Barked: Wed Nov 13, '13 5:37pm PST 
cry
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Nov 20 5:19 pm

Behavior & Training > What didn't you have to work on with your pup?
Farley

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 1:38pm PST 
Recall and being off-leash.. he basically taught himself smile
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Nov 13 8:41 am

Small Dogs > My 15 lb Pom at exactly 6 months

Farley

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 1:59pm PST 
Great posts made in this thread.

Please don't breed your dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Nov 19 10:25 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Guess my mutt!

Farley

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 1:52pm PST 
I agree with Cohen and just wanted to add she is SO CUTE. cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 25 9:17 am

Choosing the Right Dog > You're mad at me because he's not a doodle? Really?

Farley

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 1:49pm PST 
Jem big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 1:57 am

Behavior & Training > Slipped up..
Farley

Barked: Tue Nov 5, '13 4:07pm PST 
Poor Nare hug

He has been lunged at and hurt by another dog on a lead. So now, he may get anxious and think the same thing is going to happen when any other strange dog comes near him, especially since he is trapped on a leash. Keep in mind he might also still be in some pain.

You might consider starting some counter-conditioning with him to change his fearful/defensive reaction. You need to get him to understand that seeing other strange dogs = good things, not pain and bad things.

Farley was pretty leash reactive at one point, not sure what caused it. He's never been attacked by another dog but it got to the point where he was lunging and barking at almost every on leash dog we saw on walks. Counter conditioning really did help a lot. It took consistency and persistence but now every time he sees another dog he trots nicely by, eyes on me with relaxed body language. It has just become a new natural response for him, so I'd say that would be a good route to try with Nare.

Good luck!

ETA: I hope the owner of that Mal realizes that they will need to work with their dog or muzzle it as well. Bringing a dog that lunges and bites close to other dogs is not right.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 12:30 pm

(Page 1 of 178: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.