Postings by Pooch ~ I miss you ~

GO!

(Page 1 of 158: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Small Dogs > Car Harness PLEASE HELP!
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Mon Nov 25, '13 10:42pm PST 
I use the Kurgo Enhanced Strength harness for my cat, she gets carsick in a carrier so she rides in a dog booster seat wearing a harness. The Kurgo one was one of the few that were small enough for her since she's only 7 pounds.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Brodi Coal, Apr 20 2:58 am

Small Dogs > Car Harness PLEASE HELP!
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Sat Nov 23, '13 12:59pm PST 
The thing is all the harnesses failed some of the tests that the Center for Pet Safety did except Sleepypod's harness. I am not sure if the Sleepypod harness will fit a dog that small. However, if you read the report some of the harnesses only failed at some weights/sizes, so some of those harnesses may possibly be ok for a small dog that won't be exerting as much force. Also if you look at the notes they gave, some of the issues were things like the tether was too long so you could use a shorter tether for example.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Brodi Coal, Apr 20 2:58 am

Dog Health > FHO surgery

Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Fri Nov 15, '13 7:17pm PST 
Pooch had an FHO on one hip, the other hip was ok. This is his FHO diary I started before his surgery and documented his recovery:
http://www.chicagocanine.com/pooch/poochhd.html
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Nov 15 7:17 pm

Behavior & Training > What if people were more like dogs?

Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 12:27pm PST 
Yeah I only just found out that they had more than one video. I like the second one the best I think.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Oct 15 12:27 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > The same litter?

Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Sat Oct 12, '13 7:11pm PST 
Well I not surprised. I've had people ask me if my Golden Retriever was the mother of my Rat Terrier mix Pooch. Pooch was 2 years older and 10" shorter not to mention they looked nothing alike!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kato, Oct 16 11:47 am

Behavior & Training > What if people were more like dogs?
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 3:35pm PST 
This reminds me of that funny video "Cat Friend vs Dog Friend"... laugh out loud

If you search that on google you can watch it if you haven't seen it already.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Oct 15 12:27 pm

Dog Health > Therapy after Femoral Head Ostectomy

Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 12:03pm PST 
I'd suggest talking with your vet about it.
I made an appointment with a rehabilitation vet before my dog's FHO surgery to see them a week after. They gave me a lot of info on how to start exercise with him and what I could do at home and supplements to use and I also brought him in for hydrotherapy and other things as well. However he had a lot of muscle atrophy before his surgery so he needed more time before he was using the leg well and it too a lot longer for the "false joint" scar tissue to form, we had to get several x-rays to check on his progress and he was doing physical therapy for a long time.

You can read the diary I made about my dog's surgery and recovery here:
http://www.chicagocanine.com/pooch/poochhd.html
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 16 9:12 am

Small Dogs > My 15 lb Pom at exactly 6 months

Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 12:32pm PST 
Two puppies in the litter is I believe fairly normal for a Pomeranian.
At 15 pounds that is more than twice the standard size meaning way too big according to AKC standard. Why even bring up that they are AKC registered if you're just going to ignore the standard anyway?
Pomeranians can have many health problems including heart, eye, hip and thyroid problems and luxating patellas as well as seizure disorders and they should not be bred without being tested for those which can be tested for. In fact the parents and grandparents etc should be tested as well and you need to know if any of the parents, grandparents and so on suffered from these conditions before breeding. Even if your dog is clear, she could still be carrying the genes for a disease from her parents and pass that on to her puppies.
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Hershey, Nov 19 10:25 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > To Vest or Not to Vest?

Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 11:52am PST 
Just curious why you say a SD should always be vested? The law does not require any vest or ID correct?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Oct 24 8:03 pm

Behavior & Training > Why do trainers insist that "positive training" doesn't work?
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 9:41am PST 
"The people who adhere to the school of thought you're referring to say it doesn't work FULLY because they believe real world behaviour cannot be proofed one hundred percent without corrections/feedback. That in emergency situations the training falls down. "

I guess what I don't understand is why people think this, when this type of training is used for so many dogs who will be in "real world" situations all the time. thinking I mean it's not only used for dogs going "in the ring" so to speak.

Personally I don't think there is any one hundred percent with dogs, no matter what method is being used. If the dog is in the "real world" there is always a chance they will not to do what you expect, no matter what methods you used, how much training, proofing, how well the dog has performed in the past, etc...
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Czarka, CGC UJJ, May 8 12:03 pm

(Page 1 of 158: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.