GO!

Collie > Senior collie for adoption

Ruckus

EMO DOG

Barked: Mon Apr 5, '10 6:34am PST 
I am fostering a senior collie named Hamilton. He is a bit hard of hearing and seeing. but he is a real sweet heart. he follows you like a shadow!

but he is NOT good with cats.

here is his petfinder page! http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16003411?recno=1

you can contact tri state collie rescue's Martha Raymer for more info.
martha_raymer@hotmail.com
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 5 6:34 am

Behavior & Training > need help with Sheltie issues!
Ruckus

EMO DOG

Barked: Wed Dec 16, '09 2:56pm PST 
those articles WERE great! I think i need to work on the Mental part more!

Daily we play ball, and use the flirt pole. we also do tricks and they randomly get treats for the tricks.
a few times a week we go hiking, and jogging. We practice agility and practice some disc dog.

but i have not tried any other games.

thank you so much!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 16 2:56 pm

Ruckus

EMO DOG

Barked: Wed Dec 16, '09 2:48pm PST 
thanks for the help. I know that my dogs are working dogs, that is why I do disc dog, and agility.
Sorry i forgot to mention that!

I will read those articles right away! dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 16 2:56 pm

Ruckus

EMO DOG

Barked: Wed Dec 16, '09 9:28am PST 
I have two shelties, Ruckus 3 yr old nuetered male, and Lynn 1 yr old spayed female.

Well they are a handful. They have always been a handful, but after 3 years I am finally getting tired of all the chaos and I would love to create some order in the home!

When my hubby or I come home from work Lynn frantically barks and spins in cirlces. We have tried to ignore her, but she will go on for up to 10 minutes! How can we teach her to greet up nicely at the door?

Both of my dogs bark at everything on walks. Lynn is the worse. and Lynn will pull on her leash unless we are using the gentle leader. She is just so wild when we get out the door. She also barks in the car when we get to the dog park. i know she is thrilled, but that barking kills my ears!

Outside both of the dogs bark a lot. Most of the time I do not see or hear anything they are barking at. I DO leave my dogs outside unattended, and I would love to do that without them barking thier heads off. If i am outside with them they play with me and do not bark. if i go in, they bark at birds, squirells, etc.

In the house both of the dogs just jump up and bark for no apparent reason!

And they chase and bark at my 3 yr old nephew!
Ruckus also chases bikes, and joggers while on a leash!

Does anyone have any tips on dealing with these behaviors. BOTH of my dogs have already finsihed obideance (sp) school.

They get about 2 hrs of exercise daily.

Thanks for any help smile I have spent a whole 3 yrs just ignoring these things, and I have sort of came to the conclusion that one day I might have kids and I have no idea how a baby could sleep in this household!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 16 2:56 pm

Grooming > Petzlife Oral Gel

Ruckus

EMO DOG

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 9:22am PST 
it IS awesome! Highly recommend picking some up if you havent already
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 2 1:54 pm

Grooming > Spa Products
Ruckus

EMO DOG

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 9:21am PST 
if it does not have dilution rates on the back of the bottle then it is ment to be full strength. At the grooming shop I work at we only use the Spa Lavish facial scrub. There are much much better things out there that are alot cheaper. I think you should just keep what you got at petco. A client of mine brings where own shampoo sometimes at its always the petco SPA
I think its just fine! the conditioner smells really good.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 8:38 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.