Postings by LUCY

GO!

French Bulldog > Frenchie Food

LUCY

I can just snort- my way through- life.

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '07 9:01pm PST 
I have finally settled on giving my Frenchies Innova Evo wet and dry food. It is grain free. The holistic vet I take my dogs to says it is the closest you can get to feeding them raw food. My dogs don't like raw food, so I have settled for this. They seem to like it. I have always been concerned about their diet because both dogs have bad skin allergies. But the only thing that has helped that has been the holistic treatment from their vet.

As far as the throwing up, I had a friend whose Frenchie was having that problem, and it turned out that her dog had an elongated pallette and needed surgery. Does your dog throw up after playing, or just after eating? If I were you, I would have your dog checked out by your vet. Vomitting could also occur if your dog has swallowed a foreign object which can block the stomach. My dog swallowed a squeaky ball.... It can happen.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Rocco, Jul 12 11:23 am

Food & Nutrition > French Bulldog food
LUCY

Barked: Wed Jul 26, '06 12:09am PST 
Thanks for all the comments. I had the dogs on raw food for a while (Steve's Real Food), but then Lucy was having throwing up issues for a while, and the doctor told me to stay away from raw dog food. However, her throwing up was probably due to her ingesting bits of Nylabone, which she has not had since, and she has not thrown up since. So, I will consider putting them on raw food again. It is such a delema....
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Whitney, Sep 9 9:24 am

Food & Nutrition > French Bulldog food

LUCY

Barked: Sat Jul 22, '06 11:26am PST 
I am curious what all the French Bulldog owners out there are feeding their dogs, and what has been successful. My dogs have been eating Eagle Pack Holistic wet and dy food because they have skin allergies, but they don't really seem to like the food, and their allergies are not much better. Any ideas?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Whitney, Sep 9 9:24 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.