GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > put an aggressive dog to sleep? HELP!

Baby Bull Dozer

slobber and- slime. Its o.k.

Barked: Tue Aug 15, '06 10:24pm PST 
The dog whisperer is a special person. But , You have to find someone where you live that is as good as he is.
Katies mom is so right. People are more important than dogs. So many people want to compare thier dogs to children . I know that we love our animals. That is a good thing but , we need to know where to draw the line and that is the hard part. Different for everyone. I think that people that see these dog bites first hand and how serious they can be tend to be more for putting the dog down.
I bought something on ebay and we never recieved it. I emailed the person I bought it from and she said her son had been bitten in the face by a dog. She sent me a photo. I was shocked at the damage that this lab did to his mouth with just one bite. It probably won't heal correctly and leave a bad scar. ( This just 2 days ago)
If he was my dog I would put him down. I would not risk another child or person being scarred.
[notify]
» There has since been 74 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Dec 17 9:11 pm

Baby Bull Dozer

Barked: Tue Aug 15, '06 9:16am PST 
I don't think anyhone wants to put a dog down. In fact usually people don't want to put there dogs down. Its even very difficult when they are old and in pain. Even then some people wait till there dogs are dragging themselves across the floor and can't hardly get up to go potty. I've seen it. My father would get attached and wait too long. I guess..............I just want others to know If you have tried everything else, It is O.K.
[notify]
» There has since been 78 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Dec 17 9:11 pm

Baby Bull Dozer

Barked: Tue Aug 15, '06 9:05am PST 
ME TOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 79 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Dec 17 9:11 pm

Baby Bull Dozer

Barked: Mon Aug 14, '06 12:47pm PST 
oopps!! I mean 7 pages.
[notify]
» There has since been 81 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Dec 17 9:11 pm

Baby Bull Dozer

Barked: Mon Aug 14, '06 12:47pm PST 
To the owner of Jake. After 12 or 13 pages of responses. You have seen all kinds of different responses. You will be the one who has to make the final decision and just remeber. You can never please everyone. You have to do what you think is best regardless of what we think. Because you love your dog it will probably be the best choice for you, Jake and your family. You know him better than we do.
GOODLUCK !!
[notify]
» There has since been 82 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Dec 17 9:11 pm

Baby Bull Dozer

Barked: Fri Aug 11, '06 10:54am PST 
We should be pals!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 95 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Dec 17 9:11 pm

Baby Bull Dozer

Barked: Fri Aug 11, '06 10:52am PST 
Thankyou Angus. I'm glad You understand my point. And , By the way you are a beautiful Boy.
[notify]
» There has since been 96 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Dec 17 9:11 pm

Baby Bull Dozer

Barked: Fri Aug 11, '06 10:14am PST 
No, we shouldn't all put our dogs down. You missed the point completely. But please tell me what would you do if it was your child that had been bitten or mauled? Then would you want him put down. I guess we should wait until it happens and then worry about it. Very good idea. The point is we as dog owners have a responsibility . She is being responsible. I have to tell you if your dog bit one of my kids and you knew it had happened before, it would be your fault not the dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 98 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Dec 17 9:11 pm

Baby Bull Dozer

Barked: Fri Aug 11, '06 12:05am PST 
I am so sorry that you have to even consider this but you ARE doing the right thing by putting him down . I had a friend who paid 2000.00 for the most beautiful great dane I have ever seen. He bit me when he was 4 months old. Not only did he bite he wouldn't let go. Later he started biting others. Her niece etc..( 9 times) . Never them. She paid a trainer at least a thousand dollars over a short period of time to help and later he bit the trainer. She ended up giving him back to the breeder. ( I don't know what the breeder did with him, hopefully he didn't sell him to someone else.) Anyway, some dogs are just like that. It takes a lot out of you if you have to worry all the time wether your dog will bite again. I am a huge dog lover. The biggest you'll ever find. But it is one of the responsibilties as dog owners that we have . You must protect the people around your animals. Now that he has bitten you are even more responsible. He looks like a big dog. What if it was a child? Consider how you might feel if he didn't have you around to stop him and he hurt someone really bad. I'm sure you have or will try everything you can but don't beat yourself up over this. You sound like a very responsible pet owner. You will do the right thing. Your other option is to keep him muzzled ALL the time. I have 3 dogs, all big ones. I would do the same thing. You could lose everything...Then you wouldn't be able to help other dogs in need. Dog owners who put peoples safety behind there love of a dog are irresponsible and selfish pet owners. You are a very smart woman and deserve our compassion. Not our criticism.!!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 101 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Dec 17 9:11 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.