Postings by Trixie Bean!

GO!

(Page 1 of 184: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Trixie Bean!

none so blind as- those that will- not see

Barked: Fri Jan 17, '14 1:51pm PST 
Dogster IS unique.. Thats what made it awesome and whats made everyone so fussy about picking a different site to join wink

There is something personal about Dogster, without it being personal at all.. If that makes any sense? It is just DIFFERENT to the other forums out there.. The layout, the posting style, the people (sorry, the dogs smile ). SAY Media are making SUCH a mistake and upsetting such a lot of people frown

Heck, its even brought me out of the woodwork and ive not been around in forever (that was SAY Medias fault too)
[notify]
» There has since been 1939 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:54 am

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?
Trixie Bean!

Barked: Fri Jan 17, '14 1:57am PST 
I pretty much stopped posting here when Say Media took over - they killed a "vibe" for me. Ive been a dogster member for 6+ years though.. I grew up on here! The loss of community areas has made me more sad than I would have imagined. Ive popped back a few times over the past year or so even though ive not been posting... I cant imagine being unable to do that anymore.

Dogster has been a journey for me and I learned such a lot from people on here. Say media dont know what they are doing. They promised not to eff things up when they took over but I think we all knew they would. More fool them.
[notify]
» There has since been 536 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

Trixie Bean!

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 1:06pm PST 
Helllo! I never come here any more.. not sure anyone will even remember me! I had to come and say goodbye though. I am very sad that the communty is closing down hug

I wanted a chance to say goodbye to any old friends, and like Rusty, if anyone would like to connect on facebook then feel free to send us a pmail!

And a big hello to any of our old friends
[notify]
» There has since been 1983 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:54 am

Food & Nutrition > Orijen vs Fish4Dogs

Trixie Bean!

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 1:14pm PST 
If you are already feeding Dexter raw, why not raw feed Skipper too? smile

Fish4Dogs is a good food.. Too expensive for me laugh out loud but really, i'd just jump in and feed him raw. If he is trying to get at Dexters food, he must be trying to tell you something big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Skipper a.k.a Skip, May 16 10:08 am

Behavior & Training > Was it my fault?

Trixie Bean!

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 7:19am PST 
I personally wouldnt have an Iggie offleash... Ive met a fair few of them, and they all seem easily spooked! So on that note, you weren't at fault at all IMO Dexter! You had complete control of him, and it was up to the owner of the IG to have control of his dog.

I think our more relaxed attitude to offleash in the UK often results in better behaved dogs... Or at least more dogs with good recall, and maybe dogs that are too tired to misbehave big grin . I walk in a park that is pretty busy, and even with Trix who doesnt like other dogs we rarely have issues. She is offleash for at least 50% of the time - only put the leash on her when we see another dog. I'd hate for there to be dog parks here.. I love that I can walk in a "normal" park in a setting where dogs are offleash, but not expected to interact or play together.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 16 10:43 am

Behavior & Training > How would you feel?
Trixie Bean!

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 6:43am PST 
Eh.. Trix and I are living at my grandmothers at the moment with her Pomeranian (or Pom cross.. Shes like 20lbs at a healthy weight ). The two usually get on really well, even play together which is rare for my ol' lady Trix! Anyway, a week or so ago Trix had a toy and Abbie was throwing a tantrum because she wanted it, literally rolling around on the floor barking and whining. She does it all the time so we just ignored her and figured she'd get bored. Instead she started growling, Trix got annoyed and told her off and instead of Abbie moving away, she decided to fight back! No injuries because an "oi" from me stops Trixie in her tracks and Ab's is small enough that she was easy to grab hold of and pick up.

To be honest after we pulled them appart I kind of had to laugh because never in a million years did I expect Abbie to fight back. She usually goes belly up at a slight growl from Trix! They were fine with each other straight after so I didn't stress. It was our fault for letting Abbie be an annoying little brat.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Apr 13 12:17 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Innocent Chained Pit Bull shot & killed in own yard by the police

Trixie Bean!

Barked: Wed Apr 3, '13 1:06am PST 
Why does it matter whether it was a "real" Pit Bull or not? Breed shouldn't even come into it at the end of the day. If it was a Labrador, a Golden Retriever, a Dalmation.. My opinion would be the same.

To me the situation simply wasnt handled well from the second they went over into that yard and saw the Pit Bull (or from before they went into the yard and saw the signs!). HOWEVER I do get that the officer that shot the dog probably did it automatically, and of course his collegue would be the priority. I just think its sad that he got himself into a situation where the dog got on top of him in the first place. I guess I dont really get how it came to that, unless he tried getting in between the two dogs (which is a stupid thing to do). When the Pittie had a chain attached I really feel like it shouldnt have come to the dog getting shot.. They could have broken that fight up without him ending up underneath the dog.

Its sad that the dog died.. Its sad that it was chained up outside but really, if it was outside and the owner was stood there I doubt the situation would have been much different.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Mika, Apr 23 5:39 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Ridiculous things people assume about dogs.

Trixie Bean!

Barked: Tue Apr 2, '13 6:53am PST 
red face I brought my kittehs home to my mums house without telling her, or asking her. Slightly different situation though- I was there every day of the week taking care of all the animals. At the time, she was only home for maybe one night a week if that... And I was planning on moving out soon after. And a cats a little different, he stayed in my bedroom and my mum never so much as had to look at him for the month that he was there!

The smoking thing... I grew up in a household of smokers. Had asthma and smoke allergies too, grew up with eyes that were contantly sore, amongst other things! Smokers, I have no problem with. Selfish smokers, I DO have a problem with.

And on topic of ridiculous things people assume about dogs.. My grandmother is now convinced that her Pomeranian cross can never be offleash EVER because a "Pomeranian breeder" told her that none of them are ever reliable offleash.

This is after I spent a week working on recall and had the dog coming back to me consistantly when offleash.. She just doesn't listen to my grandma. But now my grandma thinks that this random woman must be right because Abbie doesn't come back to her *sigh*
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by The Boys, May 5 10:07 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Innocent Chained Pit Bull shot & killed in own yard by the police

Trixie Bean!

Barked: Tue Apr 2, '13 4:23am PST 
I guess it shocks me that two police officers couldnt break up a fight between two dogs without resorting to shooting and killing one of them.

If the Pittie was chained, why were they even putting their hands on the Pittie... Surely logically you would pull it away by the chain, whilst the other pulls the GSD away? I mean, when I broke up a fight between Roxie (whos a bully breed) and Trixie (GSD cross) I called Trixie off the fight, and she stopped long enough for me to twist Roxies collar and get her off. If Roxie was on a chain then it would have made it even easier to break up the fight.. Soo if I did that at the age of 17, why could two police officers not manage it without resorting to killing one of the dogs?

My dog is let out into the yard and is not supervised 100% of the time.. We have a secure yard, and I don't feel that she needs to be watched constantly. If a police officer and his dog hopped over our fence, she would without a doubt react to that.. Its her yard! I kind of feel that she has the right to do so . In saying that, I could call her off if she started to fight with the police dog. I wonder whether the police officer could do the same with their dog? And if not I wonder would that result in the death of my dog..
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Mika, Apr 23 5:39 am

Choosing the Right Dog > $3,000 to $8,500 for a Chow Chow?
Trixie Bean!

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 4:46am PST 
I agree with Bunny on the health testing.. That should be the bare minimum for any breeder, whether breeding just for "pets" or not. Just because they arent show quality doesn't mean they don't need to come from health tested parents confused
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 10:34 pm

(Page 1 of 184: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.