Postings by Stella D. Smith

GO!

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > How do I \'uncrate\' my dogs?
Stella D.- Smith

I see- dog people!-

Barked: Fri Oct 2, '09 12:53am PST 
Thanks for the input everyone!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Manny, Oct 2 5:53 am

Stella D.- Smith

I see- dog people!-

Barked: Mon Sep 28, '09 8:18am PST 
Thanks, Manny. The behavior thing is more of an issue for me, tho'. The space thing is a pain in the butt, but i can deal with it. I would just like to be able to give them the option of using them if they want to - and leaving the crate doors open like i do with Stella.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Manny, Oct 2 5:53 am

Stella D.- Smith

I see- dog people!-

Barked: Mon Sep 28, '09 7:13am PST 
*nose bump*
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Manny, Oct 2 5:53 am

Stella D.- Smith

I see- dog people!-

Barked: Sun Sep 27, '09 10:50pm PST 
So - I have 3. Stella, Roo and Dexter. Stella pretty much has the run of the house, we just leave her crate open so she can use it whenever she wants - because she does love her crate.

As Dexter and Roo mature - I don't feel the need to keep their crates closed anymore. I can trust them now. My problem is - if I leave them open and I leave the house - they freak out! Cry, bark, howl and constantly scratch at the door. I am assuming it's a security/separation anxiety issue - but they don't do this if their crates are closed.

We live in a small place - I'd eventually like to get the crates out of the picture as they take up a lot of room on my living room floor. How can I help them with this?

I should note that when I am ready to leave - Dex and Roo both sense it immediately and go right into their crates. I give them a KONG every time I leave, too. When I have tried just leaving the crates open like I do Stella - they just run right for the door and start crying and scratching away at the door.

Thoughts? Advice? Thanks in advance!

shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Manny, Oct 2 5:53 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Ladies and Gentlemen may I present...

Stella D.- Smith

I see- dog people!-

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '08 12:58am PST 
Thanks PuGu! ♥
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stella D. Smith, Oct 19 12:58 am

Stella D.- Smith

I see- dog people!-

Barked: Fri Oct 17, '08 11:56pm PST 
Thanks Tinkerbelle!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Stella D. Smith, Oct 19 12:58 am

Stella D.- Smith

I see- dog people!-

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '08 1:21am PST 
The Smith Family welcomes yet another pup - meet Dexter. =)

xoxoxo♥

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/900542
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Stella D. Smith, Oct 19 12:58 am

Behavior & Training > Calling on the wonderful pups of Dogster for advice... again!

Stella D.- Smith

I see- dog people!-

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 9:20am PST 
Summer I appreciate your input and thanks. As I stated in my previous post I read the links Indy provided and a lot of the rest of the site. Again I will say that I DO NOT believe that right now this is a good method for Roo. My trainer wasnt too keen on the method either. I have been very open to suggestions and have been following a lot of advice given here and in the other thread I started... but so far as 'pushing' goes for me at this point in time, case closed. That will be the last time I say it or have anything else to say about it so please pups... lets move on. Sincere thanks, tho'. Please dont take it personally... I am by no means putting the method down... I am sure it has worked for other pups. I just dont think right now it is a good idea for my little guy. It is a method I am choosing not to practice at this time, that's all.

Keep the suggestions coming, pups. Thanks to all!

xoxoxo
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 12 10:21 am

Behavior & Training > Calling on the wonderful pups of Dogster for advice... again!

Stella D.- Smith

I see- dog people!-

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 7:04am PST 
Hi Indy... thanks for your response. I already read the article you posted the link for, but thanks for taking the time to post it. I just dont think this is a method that will benefit Roo. As we all know, not all things work for all dogs and when it comes to training I have always gone with my instinct and have had pretty good results in the 20+ years that I have been working with my pups. I'll stick with my gut on this one.

Forgive me but I would prefer not to mention the name of the trainer. I tend not to give out too much real life info in forums such as this. Suffice to say she's very experienced and reputable. I am pretty sure she was talking about that same method... maybe it's more known than you think or maybe she's just familiar with it through sources of her own - I couldn't really say.

Anyway - today is another day in the wonderful world of Roo. We are off to take a nap as I only got a couple of hours of sleep. Later today I plan on working with Roo lots and taking my pups for a looong walk. It's a beautiful spring day here in Pa. I plan on taking advantage of it!

Thanks again, Indy. I appreciate your input.

xoxoxo
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 12 10:21 am

Dog Health > Red Eyes
Stella D.- Smith

I see- dog people!-

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 1:57am PST 
Stella's eyes get very red when her allergies are acting up. Thank goodness for Benadryl.

xoxoxo
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by quigley, May 5 10:51 am

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.