Postings by Tubby

GO!

(Page 1 of 54: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Senior Dogs > tips to save money on doggy expenses
Tubby

Multo en Parvo-A- lot in a little!

Barked: Sat Aug 13, '11 7:55am PST 
I used to think much like Tuck that if the dog was fed good food, suplements, etc you wouldnt need insurance. I was afraid it would be a waste. Then after Tubby had a malignant mast cell tumor I insured the dogs (and cats) I could with Embrace. The two pugs and the brussels griffon where too old to be isured so actually only Bob and Norbert and our cat Scooter are insured. I did not insure our cat Ernie because he has a heart condition, from kittenhood, that would preclude coverage of any heart related problems.

I have Embrace insurance now and made my first claim for Norberts bloat surgery. Im still waiting to hear back from them. I choose Embrace becuase it has extensive cancer coverage. Living where I do there are a lot of great hospitals with cancer treatment and I know Im the kind of person who would want to treat a dog, Im sort of a do everything possible person, so I felt that that brand of insurance was right for me
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Zoober, Aug 21 11:11 pm

Senior Dogs > keep senior dogs moving!
Tubby

Barked: Wed Jul 27, '11 3:08am PST 
Its not practical for many people in urban areas, like myself, to walk my dogs off leash. Actually its impossible. I bet the farm dogs are in good shape simply because they get exercise, many senior dogs dont. I think with a regular (low impact) work out of any kind senior dogs will do pretty good. Im not sure what about off leash would improve it, as long as on leash you let the dog set the pace and made the walks regular and long enough. Im sure stretching also helps. None of my dogs show any outward signs of stiffness despite one being diagnosed with arthritis.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Sumo, Jul 28 7:08 am

Choosing the Right Dog > How do you know when you've found "your" breed?

Tubby

Barked: Wed Jul 20, '11 6:53am PST 
I think its when you know you always want to have one of that breed. I know I always want a pug. I plan to own other breeds as well, and I probably will always have a bulldog. I dont love my pugs more then my other dogs, BUT I think that as a breed pugs are a great match for me and I cant imagine not having a pug.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Buddy, Jul 22 6:57 pm

Dog Health > Debating getting dog health insurance

Tubby

Barked: Wed Jul 13, '11 6:28am PST 
I majorly regret not getting insurance when they were pups, biggest mistake I ever made. This year I insured 3 of my 8 pets with embrace and go coverage for accidents and major illnesses and medication, for 100 bucks a month (for all three). Pricey but I figure if someone gets cancer got forbid or needs major surgery it will pay for itself.
I did not insure the other five because they were too old or had preexisting conditions. If I were you I would try to figure out if the insurance will cover accidents (ask) and also see if they will still cover major illnesses. I doubt they would pay for anything eye related, but god forbid she needed major surgery how could they blame that on the eyes
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by The Urban Hounds (Formerly the, Jul 14 9:36 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breeds, and the people who love them.

Tubby

Barked: Tue Jul 12, '11 10:52am PST 
Oh I feel so dumb I met BYBs not GSDs oops
[notify]
» There has since been 107 posts. Last posting by Sandy Baby ♥, Jul 28 12:03 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breeds, and the people who love them.
Tubby

Barked: Tue Jul 12, '11 10:20am PST 
Well I have to say that there are some owners who got their dogs from gasp GSDs or horrors didnt do the appropriate research and you know what, they love their dogs and take great care of them. I meet plenty of people like that and even people who got their dogs at pet shops and then gave them a wonderful life. Now obviously, I dont recommend this but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I didnt have a clue when I got Tubby or Norbert and I think they have had a pretty fabulous life so far.

As for the small dog thing in NYC area most of the dogs are small and I think plenty of people treat them like dogs. I actually see a lot more large dog owners who have the ridiculous, oh they are not dogs attitude when confronted with a small dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 110 posts. Last posting by Sandy Baby ♥, Jul 28 12:03 pm

Food & Nutrition > Opinions on honest kitchen

Tubby

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 9:32am PST 
Feather you have a great mom. I will probably add some stuff but I do have some concenrs regarding price. With five dogs, and a big mortgage, its a bit tough. Im hoping that the Force will be good for the pugs with minimal add its and then I will see about what to do with Z. I may just cook the foods.

I know its supposed to never happen but when I fed the pugs RMBS Ping broke off two teeth, and really her teeth where in good shape. Tubby would also vomit after even very small RMBS so I just prefer not to do bones with them. Thats why I thought maybe raw meat mixed in or perhaps cooked
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Butler, Jul 12 6:25 am

Tubby

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 8:11am PST 
Im still waiting on Dr. Z's (Tubby's sister's) CBC results but the vet said her urine specific gravity has not worsened. Previoulsy her bloodwork had been on the high end of normal for kidney values but urine specific gravity was low. Anway I was thinking of feeding her the honest kitchen you add the meat too because I was thinking i might be able to add a very low phosphorus meat and make a kidney healthy diet. Id have to do more research though, has anyone tried that?

Im just a little concerned about the amounts wiht HK especially if I am adding meat in raw or cooked form. Also I dont generally feed boney meat, the dogs are getting the ground NV, do you think I could add raw ground meat to HK? I also like to add canned sardines to their food which I assume I could easily do with HK
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Butler, Jul 12 6:25 am

Tubby

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 5:51am PST 
Im glad everyone likes it--Im scared its too expensive to feed all my dogs. Id love to though. Is feeding the Preference cheaper? Also Feather do you add meats to all the varieties.

I am also a little concerned about weight feeding calculations. They only seem to have 10 and 30 lbs for small dogs listed as far as amounts and Ping and Tubby are 14 and 25 and I want to be exact. Pugs gain weight so easily. Maybe I ought to contact the company.

I have pet flow and was going to order through them but perhaps it is cheaper to go to the website for honest kitchen with the coupons. How do you guys order?
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Butler, Jul 12 6:25 am

Tubby

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 7:14pm PST 
Currently I feet Tubby NV raw and Ping, Bob, and Norbert rotate green free kibbles. Zira eats innova senior (she has mild kidney disease and this was one recomended kibble). I also add fresh cooked food to the kibble fed dogs.

Anyway I was thinking of switching Tubby and Ping to honest kitchen dehydradated force, I could feed that too both of them for roughly what it costs to feed Tubby NV medallions. I woudl love to feed the larger dogs Honest Kitchen, but I just cant swing the cost. Anway Im wondering what people think of honest kitchen
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Butler, Jul 12 6:25 am

(Page 1 of 54: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.