Postings by Duchess

GO!

(Page 1 of 75: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Ginger is gone
Duchess

Save a- Life:- Adopt!

Barked: Tue Oct 28, '08 8:28pm PST 
Oh Ginger... I am soooo sooooo sorry you had to leave your Mom.

I totally agree with Roo Crew. Your Mom needs to look for signs from you. She'll never be without you. When Lucky Boo left Mom in June, she saw the most beautiful clouds she'd ever seen (rays of light shining through), for about two months. I think there is a picture of it on his page. He is her heart, just like you are your mom's. She didn't think she'd be able to function without him. And it was hard, still is a lot of the time. But she feels his presence sometimes, and that brings comfort.

Again, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Your mom is in my thoughts and prayers, and those of all my family members, feline and canine alike.

Love,
Duchess, Rafa, and the cats
» There has since been 44 posts. Last posting by quigley, Nov 11 5:50 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Hello from Indiana
Duchess

Barked: Sat Oct 25, '08 11:11pm PST 
Welcome to Dogster! What gorgeous, incredible dogs! We just sent you a Pup Pal Request and we hope you will accept! big grin
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by PiGGie, Oct 31 9:27 pm

Dog Health > Please Pray

Duchess

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '08 8:50pm PST 
Rest in peace, sweet Delilah.

hughughughug
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Mar 26 7:50 am

Dog Health > Please Pray

Duchess

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '08 6:56pm PST 
Oh my Delilah, I don't know how I missed this thread in February, but I did. I am so glad you made it through that first scary episode, and you are in my thoughts now. I'm glad you are back home with your family and I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you!
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by , Mar 26 7:50 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Looking for advice!

Duchess

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '08 8:34pm PST 
Oh, I have to add...

He already knows sit and down, and he seems to know "heel" too! I walked him to the mailbox earlier and said "heel" and he did! I was shocked!

ETA: How could I forget to mention, he's potty trained too! Goes to the door to ask to be let out to use the bathroom!
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Feb 29 2:39 pm

Duchess

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '08 8:29pm PST 
Thanks!! I still can't believe how lucky I am to have found him! cloud 9

Monty, there's definitely the min pin possibility! I wouldn't be surprised at all to find he's part min pin! The people who surrendered him didn't know what he was at all... the people at the pound said the iggy/crested thing. Whatever he is, I love him! big grin
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 29 2:39 pm

Duchess

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '08 7:32pm PST 
Thanks you guys! I weighed him tonight; he is 19 pounds. I finally made him a page!
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Feb 29 2:39 pm

Duchess

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '08 12:53pm PST 
Thank you all again for all your help.

I got a dog today. I went to Pets & People, which is a pet store that sells dogs (no, I would never get one there), but they also have an adoption center where the pound sends them dogs to put up for adoption there (they get more exposure that way). They had none from the pound because they said a lot of the dogs from the pound were too big for their kennels but that they hadn't checked with the pound since Thursday. So I went to the pound, just looking, not expecting to find anything, and the dog for me just happened to be there. He is eight months old, an owner surrender (college students owned him but were caught with him in their apartment, where pets are not allowed). His paperwork says he is an Italian Greyhound/Chinese Crested mix!!! I'll post pictures later and you guys can see what you think about that. He definitely looks like a greyhound to me--long legs, slender build, long face. And he has the tail of a Crested. He's a beauty! I have to go to class now but I will be home later and will make him a profile first thing. He is already neutered and up to date with his vaccinations, and another great thing about him is that he already goes to the same vet I use! I just happened to have perfect timing in going to the pound; I think today was the first day he was adoptable. His name is General; he responds to it, so I'm just going to leave it at that (I like that name, reminds me of the movie The Cat's Eye).

I already briefly introduced him to the cats.... from a distance. No major problems as of now. Sindri growled, and puffed up, but I expected that. Lucky Boo acted like he didn't care what was going on (he's sick and rather out of it though), and Luna showed no reaction, shockingly.
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Feb 29 2:39 pm

Duchess

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '08 7:51pm PST 
You guys are awesome and have given me some great breeds to really consider! Since there is no size limit imposed upon me, I may consider a larger dog, such as a greyhound, if one is there (they are elegant, stunning dogs and I've always admired them but never known one personally). I am really excited about going to the pound. I've also looked on petfinder and seen some dogs I am definitely interested in learning more about. Here are a few of them:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=98 22449
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=1028 4660
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10037988
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Feb 29 2:39 pm

Duchess

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '08 10:07am PST 
Thanks everyone for the advice! hail

While I love Chinese Cresteds, I seriously doubt there will be one at the shelter; that's a rare breed around here. I would consider myself very lucky if I just so happened to show up when they actually had a crested/mix. big grin

I know my choices will probably be limited, but I just wanted to go in with a better idea of what will suit my needs in a dog. I know the cat thing is really dog-specific (heck, Duchess is a husky mix but LOVES cats), but I also know some breeds (like huskies, bol; guess we got lucky with Duchess) typically have a high prey-drive.

I love Doxies and Beagles, and those are two fairly common breeds. Shih-tzu's are awesome too! I may be willing to go up in size a little (there's no maximum size per my lease, actually so I could get a dane if I wanted one, heh heh). Duchess is a medium-sized dog, and she's been awesome. I just have always wanted a relatively small dog, but most of the time, what's at the shelter here is medium/large dogs.

Thanks again for the advice! I'll let you guys know what happens when I make my trip to the pound smile

ETA: Monty & Raven are both beautiful dogs, btw!!!
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by , Feb 29 2:39 pm

(Page 1 of 75: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.