GO!

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

Senior Dogs > Sabi snapped at me today
◊- Grizzly Bear- 1987-2003

Beeber Bear

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '12 4:14pm PST 
Hey, Sabi!

I did the same thing to Mom. I would get focused on my ball or the almond whacker and if anyone touched me (especially if it was a foot) when I got to be over 13, I would get 'em.

Luckily, I was a lot smaller than you. I was only about 50 pounds. The vet said it could have had something to do with my eyesight, too. shrug

But then again, I once walked into the shower and couldn't figure out how to get out. Just stood there with my nose against the tile, wagging my tail. I had CCD. But I was happy!big grin
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ◊ Grizzly Bear 1987-2003, Jun 28 4:14 pm

Dog Health > Saphir another Rimadyl victim...

Beeber Bear

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '12 2:21pm PST 
Mika and Kia,
You are absolutely correct! As in Celebrex, for example. There are some that would never take the chance to use it because of the risks involved. But there are some that find it works so well, they are willing to chance it.

I was one of the lucky ones.

I wish dogs were able to let humans know when they don't feel well, but... don't we all?

Education is the best thing. And we are so lucky to have the tools at our fingertips. cloud 9
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Dolly , Jun 20 7:40 am

Dog Health > Saphir another Rimadyl victim...

Beeber Bear

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '12 10:27am PST 
So very sorry for your loss of Sephyr. I was on Rimadyl for years with no problems, but I do know not everyone is as lucky. Just as not every human can take anti-inflammatories without problems, some dogs will have problems. Sadly, they are unable to convey this to us until it is too late.

Rimadyl kept me moving. It was the only thing available at the time, other than aspirin. So, I'm very grateful for it.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.hug
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Dolly , Jun 20 7:40 am

Food & Nutrition > *ahem* attention please!

Beeber Bear

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '12 2:06pm PST 
If it was a fluke, why were they filming it? It was almost as if they know the cow was going to do it. With all the smiling and laughing faces behind it.

thinking
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Apr 12 9:53 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > I met a person today Who was afraid of dogs:

Beeber Bear

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 2:20pm PST 
Bobbie,
DVM? Doctor of Veterinary Medicine?? Of course there are gonna be dogs there! Silly lady!laugh out loud That's were the dogs go!
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sep 15 12:31 pm

Dog Health > broken toe -- worth surgery?

Beeber Bear

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 11:44am PST 
O.k.
Grizzly had a badly broken toe when he was about 6 years old. We didn't know it at the time, we just thought it was the nail. In his old age, it caused him a lot of pain.

When I was a child, we had a dog that broke her toe and the vet amputated it, saying there wasn't anything else you can do.

I was told that it could have been an option for Grizzly had I known at the time, but by the time it caused him problems, he had far worse issues, and going under was not an option.

Ask about if amputation of the toe would be required. I've been the $2000 route for other things and if they fail, you end up with an amputation anyway.

Just my point of view. Hope Kelpie feels better soon!
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kelpie, Nov 13 10:02 pm

Dog Health > Very Bad Breath

Beeber Bear

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 7:15am PST 
Have her ears been checked? Sometimes ear infections can cause bad breath too.

Poor baby.hug
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Mar 3 9:52 am

Dog Health > puppy pees every 5 mins

Beeber Bear

Barked: Fri Nov 18, '11 8:28am PST 
When I was little, I used to play a game called "Door".

When I went to the door, it opened, magically! I would go outside, and do whatever I wanted. Usually mark (pee) or sniff. Then I would come to the door. It would magically open again!

Oh, how I loved to play Door!cloud 9

I did until I was about 15 years old. Mom wishes she had never let me learn that game.laugh out loud
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Adam, Nov 18 8:30 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What breed is for me?

Beeber Bear

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '11 4:54pm PST 
Fluffy dogs= shedding as far as I know...

Unless you have a dog that is bald, it is going to shed to some degree.

Dyson makes GREAT vacuums to take care of that!way to go And there is nothing like your fingers in silky fur...cloud 9
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Happy, Nov 18 2:49 pm

Dog Health > Eating dog poop?!?

Beeber Bear

Barked: Mon Aug 15, '11 1:16pm PST 
I would be careful adding pepper to the food, as it can burn the butt.

shock
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Harley & Rubi, Aug 17 9:50 pm

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.