GO!

(Page 1 of 469: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Howdy strangers!
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '14 6:40pm PST 
Heyo Meridian!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 8:01 am

Behavior & Training > Big news from the scoop!
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Fri Feb 14, '14 8:20am PST 
Weird. Community sites rarely rejuvenate from this type of flip-flopping position on opening/closing.

Not to mention the forum software is in some serious, serious need of upgrading/re-coding. It is just plain awful and ancient -- has no real way of warding off spam (apparently), little to no useful features (no pinning, search is a joke). I would be extremely surprised if they make a full 180 from closing the thing to suddenly paying a lot of attention to it to bring it into the 21st century.

They have already lost a substantial amount of traffic over the last few years, and the big closing fiasco obviously accelerated all of that. In web land, that traffic is not so easy to just get back. I imagine ad revenue suffers. In turn less money/less reason to pay attention to maintenance and upgrades (not that it ever got it to begin with).

Knee-jerk reaction to the feedback from their initial decision to close it. Neither move was really wise.

I don't really post anymore as it is -- I sometimes visit and read but...meh. There would have to be something really enticing to bring people back I think. I think they're just keeping it open so people can view archives and keep their pet pages.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 7:38 pm

Behavior & Training > should i be scared?

Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Mon Dec 30, '13 11:08am PST 
Tyson, the ASPCA is not related to your town's local SPCA. They are all totally different organizations and each SPCA all over the USA runs things differently depending on their funding, etc.

OP, your dog is displaying resource guarding. Smacking him on the nose is only going to compound your problem, so please stop doing that. Charlie and the others had some good advice and I do recommend reading the "Mine!" book if you can get your hands on it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 2 5:55 pm

Food & Nutrition > Question About Bones

Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Thu Dec 19, '13 11:25am PST 
My dogs eat raw meaty bones (yes, fresh venison legs included!) but I never give them cooked bones. They have stolen a few in their lifetime without ill effect, but definitely not something I would willingly give them or make a habit of doing. Cooking alters the bone in a bad way as explained above. Raw bones are much more pliable (and padded with meat).
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 22 8:56 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Back from a long hiatus... what's with the spambots?!?!

Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Tue Nov 5, '13 9:47am PST 
It's a shame that the forum software has never really had a proper facelift/re-do since I joined Dogster 7 years ago. It is painfully outdated, and frankly it was outdated 7 years ago.... it doesn't seem to be set up to properly deal with spamming at all.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Jan 5 1:56 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > POTP needed for Amanda Bines' pomeranian, disgusting...
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 8:48am PST 
If anyone had been following her Twitter account, the signs were obvious that she was having mental problems. Too bad it took this incident for people in her life to notice.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 6:31 am

Behavior & Training > Kids on bike yelling at my dog

Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Wed Sep 25, '13 1:01pm PST 
Most kids like the direction having a "job" gives them...it can help them re-focus their energy to something constructive. I would try to get them to help you. A lot of kids act crazy around dogs because they aren't sure what to do as an alternative, especially if they do not have pets at home. We have a ton of kid bikers in our neighborhood too, fortunately they are all dog-savvy and don't crowd, ask to approach/pet, etc. But if I were having an issue, I would try to take the reigns and get them interested in helping, even if it's in a very small way.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 7 2:51 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Tell me More About the American Pit Bull Terrier??

Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Wed Sep 25, '13 12:57pm PST 
Yes, they can be more prone to DA and SSA. This is not to say this particualr dog will be guaranteed to have any of those, many never display them at all. Kolbe does not play especially rough but I know many who do. Try to find a playmate with a similar play style...plus still being a puppy some of that could just be puppyness and not understanding limits yet.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Oct 1 5:39 pm

Raw Food Diet > Too much fat in blood... high cholesterol?

Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Thu Aug 22, '13 3:38pm PST 
Cholesterol does not have the effect on dogs like it does in people. Here's an article to help explain... click.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 5:05 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Before your dog was rescued
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Thu Aug 22, '13 3:07pm PST 
Guster was an owner surrender, so they filled out a (very) small questionnaire, so I have some sort of history on him, but not a ton.

Kolbe on the other hand was picked up as a stray and never claimed, spent 8 months in the Charlottesville-Abemarle SPCA in Virginia before being transported to the Buffalo SPCA to attempt to get her adopted (it worked). She was however already spayed when brought into the shelter so she belonged to someone at some point. She had a bad habit of taking off, my best assumption is she ran off one too many times and the owners decided to stop looking for her. She is dog reactive (though has mellowed with years of training and probably age), and is scared of tall men that she doesn't know, and strangers in general, so my other assumption is that she lived somewhere where she may not have received much socialization with people or dogs. Aside from her reactivity she is basically perfect for us (very tolerant, very people loving, and while loves to run outside, is extremely low energy otherwise), and it's still tough for me to understand why no one attempted to claim her.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Aug 26 4:40 pm

(Page 1 of 469: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.