Postings by Samuel Jacob (4/1/97-4/4/08)

GO!

(Page 1 of 80: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Femoral Head Osteotomy
Samuel Jacob- (4/1/97-4/4/- 08)

We had seasons- in the sun......

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '12 4:17pm PST 
Please read my diary about my unusual experience with a total hip replacement.

If we had to do it over again, we'd have gone with the FHO. Heck, I'd probably still be alive today if I'd had that surgery instead. But again, my case was unusual.

Best of luck no matter what happens. And hugs to you! Feel better!

hughughug
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 30 4:59 pm

Dog Health > Question on Leg Injury

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 4:20pm PST 
After 6 days, I'd say try some physical therapy of some kind. If you can afford the laser, do it.

The longer you have a 9 year old on 3 legs, the more damage they can do to the other 3 legs... frown and back.

Poor baby!hug
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Samuel Jacob (4/1/97-4/4/08), Apr 9 4:20 pm

Dog Health > Pyometra in an 11 year old dog

Barked: Thu Mar 15, '12 2:19pm PST 
A VERY good friend of mine, Muffin, went through this years ago.

Please read this thread and see what she said:

Pyometra thread

I sure hope you get better soon!hug
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 8 12:09 am

Dog Health > 2 golf-ball sized lumps on 2 year old dobe

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 3:30pm PST 
Poor baby!

Boy that is a lot to have to go through in such a short amount of time. Not only for your emotional well being but for your wallet!

Brady is lucky to have such a great family. Sending hugs and love your way.hughughug
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12), Mar 3 4:50 pm

Dog Health > Back Leg Injury - need immoblizer/sling/help

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 1:15pm PST 
When I used a sling for my last months, Mom used the kind you can get at Drs. Foster Smith and she washed it, then was able to put a tube sock with the end cut off over it. That way if I peed on it, she could slip it off and wash the sock easily and replace it while still having a sling for me.

I got really good at using it, but as others have warned, be careful how much weight you take off. I messed up my wrists and back using one. But I had no choice in the end.

Best of luck to you!hug
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 1 4:28 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Westminster is almost here... :)

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 8:10pm PST 
Hey, pups. This website is for the LOVE OF DOGS. ALL dogs.

Period. way to go

You have the right to your opinion. But please keep in mind, there are some members that have Pekinese dogs, and I don't think you would appreciate your dog's breed being pulled apart like this, would you?

Please, play nicely. Thank you.
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Feb 18 4:12 pm

Dog Health > Popping hip joints , surgery or controlling pain for hip dysplasia??? Need advice or your experience

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 12:32pm PST 
I had hip dysplasia also. It made a lot of noise. Mom said I sounded like cereal when I sat down. Especially when we were driving. If she put her hand on my butt, she could feel it slipping and popping.

I agree that if you were to do a surgery, if we were to do it all over again, we would opt for the FHO.

I'm surprised your vet has your dog on aspirin. Most vets don't prescribe that any more, because it is so very hard on the stomach and there are better alternatives that aren't as hard and are almost as inexpensive. I was on deramaxx, then up to Previcox and added Tramadol before I had my surgery. I was on Glucosamine/chondroitin for years before my hips went bad.

My diary has lots of information about total hip replacement recovery, but that is totally different than recovery from an FHO.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the BEST of luck!hug
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 4 4:31 am

Behavior & Training > long, sad, howl while sleeping?

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 2:47pm PST 
But Sanka, the sound is different. Not the happy playful sound they make when they are awake. It is much more forlorn and gut wrenching.
Sammy actually would begin the howl lying down and by the time he was fully awake he was lying sternally head up in a full lung howl. Mickey always joined him in his waken howls but never in a sleep howl. Mick would shiver hearing them. So would I. Probably the reason, I know.frown

Mickey & Jenny both tail wag in their sleep! Grizzly used to actually run like crazy when he slept. Once someone thought he was having a seizure, but nope! Just a really cool, vivid dream!big grin
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Attaway Prince Corwin , May 9 3:53 am

Behavior & Training > long, sad, howl while sleeping?

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 9:08am PST 
Sammy did that a few times. He was a howler, but these night howls were different. They made your skin crawl. Afterward, we looked back and it always presided a traumatic event. He howled 2 days before Kody died, the night before Grizzly had his heart attack, a couple of days before he broke his leg and more.shock

I didn't like it when he did that. We just pet him gently and calmed him down. He would wag his nubby and give us kisses like he was so glad to see us. I'm sure it was a nightmare.

When he passed, I found my self crying so hard, I ended up sounding somewhat like he did I'm told.cry
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Attaway Prince Corwin , May 9 3:53 am

Dog Health > POTP needed for Talah

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 3:30pm PST 
Broken bones suck! confused

I'm so sorry this happened, but as other said, she's young, and has a great family that will support her.

External fixators work well! They aren't fun, but they do the job.way to go

Lots of POTP for you!hughughughughug
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Moose, Jan 15 12:37 am

(Page 1 of 80: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.