Postings by Baby (Heaven Bound 9-26-06)

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Food & Nutrition > Switch to Scheduled feeding & losing weight tips...
Baby (Heaven- Bound- 9-26-06)

Eyes broke - nose is not!

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 8:22pm PST 
Baby was a pig! Everytime she walked past the bowl she would grab a biteful! We she was 10 pounds overweight that was it! naughty We fed 2x's a day and upped the walks. She lost weight slowly and then she really felt good! She would play and act a fool! hamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Baby (Heaven Bound 9-26-06), Sep 12 8:22 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Pugsly is losing his vision :(

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 6:50am PST 
Baby fell into the pool once. She couldn't swim either. We blocked the area around the pool with furniture. Try to be with Pugsly when he's moving around outside. We had 2 fenced in yard areas. One was smaller and I didn't worry about her as much (still kept an eye on her). She would find her "sun" spot and rest. The other area I walked with her or sat and watched her. Remember you're both adjusting to this visual impairment...flowers
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ DarlaMae ♥, Jul 1 12:14 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Pugsly is losing his vision :(

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 9:35am PST 
Baby lost her eyesite to PRA let me tell you how we dealt with her losing her site... Go buy swim noodles... Loads of them. We put them on everything, chair legs, stove handles, corners had pillows in them. We got rid of our coffee table and didn't change any furniture... Actually she did amazingly well. We dropped cotton balls to confirm her blindness. I took her to a k-9 opthomologist, they put these contacts in here eyes and used flashes to confirm she was blind and to also ensure there was no tumor or nerve damage. I will say this, she may have been blind, but her nose never failed! laugh out loud I had a harness made for her (standard ones didn't fit) and when we walked I would say STEP and she would step up. We snapped our fingers for her to follow us and I became a chatty patty so she could follow my voice. She lived for 2 years blind and I learned volumes from her. Good luck, if you need any help p-mail me and I'll be glad to try and help... wishes
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by ♥ DarlaMae ♥, Jul 1 12:14 pm

Senior Dogs > losing eye sight

Barked: Thu Dec 22, '11 1:57pm PST 
Another tip is pillows. Every corner wall had pillows on it... we "softened" our house for her... Do no to move any furniture. One thing I remember most about Baby going blind was her nose was definately not broken. She could hear the fridge door open 50 feet outside! laugh out loudlaugh out loudbig laugh If you need help p-mail me for any suggestions...

We took her to an k-9 opthomologist for testing to make sure there were no tumors or nerve damage. She was never in any pain from the blindness...
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Magee, Jan 2 7:46 pm

Senior Dogs > losing eye sight

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 5:52pm PST 
When I though Baby was going blind the vet told me to drop cotton balls infront of her... they don't smell or make a sound, sure enough she was blind overnight from SARDS (Sudden Aquired Retna Degeneration). Not a big deal. We got the swimmie foam tubes, cut them and put them on chair bottoms, table legs etc. She did amazingly well, she was blind for 2 years before cancer took her from us.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Magee, Jan 2 7:46 pm

Dog Health > Blind Dog Tips Please?

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 2:05pm PST 
Annie we had our dog Baby go blind literaly over night. First thing go buy a bunch of the swim noodles. We cut them to size then sliced them and put them around furniture legs. Made for an soft bump.... I also hung dish towels on handles in the kitchen. The biggest thing to not do is move furniture. Ever! We removed a coffee table and left the rest alone. Remember to talk - alot. I had a harness custom made for Baby and would walk her. I taught her "step" and she would reach for a step. Most of the time I would just lift her up a curb. She knew the layout of the house and would "bump" her way outside along the fence. Once again where swim noodles come in handy. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dunkin, Jul 11 5:24 pm

Dog Health > Allergy problems.... still. Solutions?!

Barked: Sun May 15, '11 11:16am PST 
Baby was bald during her first year with us in Florida. We had fleas like you wouldn't believe. I started with the yard. I treated it. Even got my neighbors to treat theirs.. (big help!). Then I treated the house - unfortunately I used Basics which was available through vets and was listed as too toxic and taken off the market (worked great we sprayed before we left for vacation and came back no bugs - not even a spider for 2 years!!). Then I used Mycodex on her in the evenings once a week. The fleas were so bad (we had more sand than grass and had sand fleas also) the water would rinse off red. Mycodex melted the fleas - it's awesome stuff... I wasn't happy using so many chemicals but once we got the fleas under control we then added vitamine e to her meal and used a combination of both wet and dry foods for her skin. During the week if needed inbetween the mycodex bath we would use a dog tar base shampoo to help cool her skin and releive any more itching ... She lived to be 12 and once we got the fleas under control she had a beautiful coat. Once in a while there would be the rogue flea that would biter her, but we would give her a tar bath and she would be fine again...

Good luck! way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Mr. Pibbs *CGC*, May 17 4:57 pm

Senior Dogs > Let's see your seniors....

Barked: Tue Apr 12, '11 6:05am PST 
I love this thread - glad we started it!! It just gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing how many seniors had such a wonderful life! cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 47 posts. Last posting by Honey-RIP, Jul 23 10:19 pm

Barked: Mon Mar 21, '11 6:11am PST 
Nothin says loving like a gray muzzle I say! kissing
[notify]
» There has since been 65 posts. Last posting by Honey-RIP, Jul 23 10:19 pm

Barked: Thu Mar 17, '11 12:08pm PST 
Such beautiful faces and stories, thank you everyone!

Keep'em coming!! way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 74 posts. Last posting by Honey-RIP, Jul 23 10:19 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.