GO!

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

Dog Laws & Legislation > M. Vick has been reinstated to the NFL
Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 7:00pm PST 
so now here is the test....Can the fans of the eagles put their real feeling into statements by not going to the games ~ season tickets etc.
I know if he had ended in my backyard.....my voice would have been heard and believe me IF my team plays them it will be heard
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 4 8:59 am

Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Mon Jul 27, '09 10:45pm PST 
one way it can change and thats to let your voice be heard!
[notify]
» There has since been 66 posts. Last posting by , Sep 4 8:59 am

Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Mon Jul 27, '09 2:35pm PST 
well....I do hope that where ever he lands people get off their duff and let it be known!
[notify]
» There has since been 76 posts. Last posting by , Sep 4 8:59 am

Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Mon Jul 27, '09 2:05pm PST 
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9859346/Goodell-conditionally-rei nstates-Vick-to-NFL?GT1=39002
[notify]
» There has since been 78 posts. Last posting by , Sep 4 8:59 am

Chihuahua > My dog is very possesive over his toys....

Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 9:05am PST 
My min pin does that~
Here is what I do. I remember that he is a "different" dog see I have other dogs as well. Anyway I dont just "pick" him up I dont just pet etc. I let Rocky do his thing and when he wants loving he jumps in my lap then he paws my hand to be petted ~ I let him decide. I have learned the "vibes" when he doesnt want it any more and I stand up and off my lap he goes
When the biting happens stand up off the lap and I follow with a firm no.
Walking lots lots lots exercise exercise really helps. This has been going on with Rocky for 3-4 years and it ( his fits) have realllly gone down.
Animals like this (yours & mine) need lots of time and lots of trust & respect Rocky is not at all like my chi Mabelline whom I can just pick up and go.
Speak to your vet also! Also there is a product called Rescue Calm that helps~
With my Rocky I take every day as a "new" day one day at a time
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 28 9:05 am

Puppy Place > How much do you feed your puppy?
Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '09 9:12pm PST 
Did you change food to a different food? Sometimes that causes it.
Is there a reason you are not feeding a dry food as well?
I know that I have small dogs however use to have a Shep years ago and I fed dry mixed with can.
Give you vet a call and ask also~ Hope you get to feeling better soon!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jul 10 6:24 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > We need some writers for Wa state HELP POWER of the Paw

Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '09 4:08pm PST 
This in in regards to the puppymill raid that occured in WA.

In the latest raid, Skagit County officers removed over 400 dogs from a Mount Vernon kennel where witnesses observed many animals in dire medical condition, starving, diseased and filthy due to the conditions under which they were forced to live. Most of the Mount Vernon dogs have been evacuated to the Skagit County Fairgrounds where Pasado's Safe Haven arrived with dozens of volunteers and our state-of-the-art "big rig" mobile spay and neuter clinic The Spay Station II. The sheriff needed help transporting the animals to various local agencies and The Spay Station was not only perfect for providing on-site veterinary care, but massive animal transport!

In addition, Pasado's The Spay Station will be made available to perform sterilization procedures when dogs are healthy and ready for their forever home! (To date, we're performed over 35,000 FREE spays & neuters to pets of the low-income on both rigs, The Spay Station I and II.

Our rescue truck unloaded hundreds of pounds of food and The Spay Station was loaded with the bodies of the tiny innocents as we transported to local groups S.P.O.T. (Saving Pets One At A Time) in Burlington, WA, the Skagit County Humane Society, and NOAH (Northwest Organization for Animal Help) in Stanwood, WA.
Since some shelters must face incoming public dogs who are brought in in the coming weeks, or animal control strays who are picked-up, we don't want to see those animals displaced or euthanized prematurely due to the housing/sheltering impact of the puppy mill rescues. As Pasado's Safe Haven operates an 80-sanctuary (no animal lives in a cage or kennel unless in quarantine hold), we hope we can help unburden the shelters. We have held animals seized in sheriff's raids as evidence many time before. Currently, we've provided veterinary care and love to multiple animals at Pasado's sanctuary who were seized 16 months ago. To read the full story and keep apprised of the trial dates, click here.) We hope to help the shelters "hold the evidence" so they can give all incoming dogs the best chance at life and adoption.

The Mount Vernon raid comes on the heels of the Gold Bar raid last week during which Snohomish County officers removed more than 155 dogs, living under similar conditions. Those animals are being housed at the Everett Animal Shelter where staff and volunteers are reportedly overwhelmed caring for these victims of neglect and abuse. Pasado's has offered assistance to Snohomish County officials but have been turned down. We are at a loss as to why they would not want to allow animals who have been caged up their entire lives the small luxury of living in our heated cabins with access to a safe outdoor enclosure with 24-hour care and free veterinary services for as long as they need it.
If you are concerned about the lack of response by Snohomish County/The Everett Shelter and the needs of the the dogs who will come into the shelter and perhaps not be afforded as long as possible to find an adoptive home due to the puppy mill dogs (who we would house at no charge to the county or city of Everett).

I urge you to look into this story and find out why area rescues are not being given the chance to help when it's so obviously needed.

Ask the tough questions: In these cases, when were the last inspections conducted? It takes a long time for feces to build up. Ask the media to ask the tough questions - where were the county inspectors? Show us records of inspections! We believe these were licensed kennels. Pasado's Safe Haven must carry several kennel licenses to operate. We are inspected. If a foster child were found in deplorable conditions, of course we'd look to the foster parent to blame. But the next question would be "Where was DSHS? CPS?"
5. Take a moment and write to local media: They may be able to get the answers we have not been able to get. Everyone's first priority should be the welfare of these dogs. (Kudos to the sheriff and animal control officers AND all the humane groups who ROCKED for these animals!!!)

Email the following local media using the talking points below:
TV Stations Newspapers
KOMO Newstips@komo4news.com Seattle Times
KIRO News Seattle PIiTeam@seattlepi.com
KING 5 Newsnewstips@king5.com Herald (Everett)jholtz@heraldnet.com

oSnohomish County Officers did a great job removing dogs from horrific conditions in Gold Bar and now Everett Shelter staff are on record stating they are overwhelmed taking care of these victims and are running low on funds.

oPasado's Safe Haven has made multiple offers to Snohomish County Officials, giving them the opportunity to allow at least some of these dogs to live in a safe and quiet community, with heated cabins, access to fresh air and free veterinary services.

oThis would also free up space for the daily influx of abandoned and surrendered animals that need shelter space, staff's attention and resources.

oAllowing Pasado's to help will give the animals and the staff relief from crowded and stressful conditions as well as to help the county off-set expenses.

No arrests in this case have been made yet.

PLEASE PLEASE if you have a moment please write! Make these people answer!
Thank you so very very much for your time.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 4 3:30 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Help needed Wa state ...we NEED some writers!!

Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '09 4:07pm PST 

In the latest raid, Skagit County officers removed over 400 dogs from a Mount Vernon kennel where witnesses observed many animals in dire medical condition, starving, diseased and filthy due to the conditions under which they were forced to live. Most of the Mount Vernon dogs have been evacuated to the Skagit County Fairgrounds where Pasado's Safe Haven arrived with dozens of volunteers and our state-of-the-art "big rig" mobile spay and neuter clinic The Spay Station II. The sheriff needed help transporting the animals to various local agencies and The Spay Station was not only perfect for providing on-site veterinary care, but massive animal transport!

In addition, Pasado's The Spay Station will be made available to perform sterilization procedures when dogs are healthy and ready for their forever home! (To date, we're performed over 35,000 FREE spays & neuters to pets of the low-income on both rigs, The Spay Station I and II.

Our rescue truck unloaded hundreds of pounds of food and The Spay Station was loaded with the bodies of the tiny innocents as we transported to local groups S.P.O.T. (Saving Pets One At A Time) in Burlington, WA, the Skagit County Humane Society, and NOAH (Northwest Organization for Animal Help) in Stanwood, WA.
Since some shelters must face incoming public dogs who are brought in in the coming weeks, or animal control strays who are picked-up, we don't want to see those animals displaced or euthanized prematurely due to the housing/sheltering impact of the puppy mill rescues. As Pasado's Safe Haven operates an 80-sanctuary (no animal lives in a cage or kennel unless in quarantine hold), we hope we can help unburden the shelters. We have held animals seized in sheriff's raids as evidence many time before. Currently, we've provided veterinary care and love to multiple animals at Pasado's sanctuary who were seized 16 months ago. To read the full story and keep apprised of the trial dates, click here.) We hope to help the shelters "hold the evidence" so they can give all incoming dogs the best chance at life and adoption.

The Mount Vernon raid comes on the heels of the Gold Bar raid last week during which Snohomish County officers removed more than 155 dogs, living under similar conditions. Those animals are being housed at the Everett Animal Shelter where staff and volunteers are reportedly overwhelmed caring for these victims of neglect and abuse. Pasado's has offered assistance to Snohomish County officials but have been turned down. We are at a loss as to why they would not want to allow animals who have been caged up their entire lives the small luxury of living in our heated cabins with access to a safe outdoor enclosure with 24-hour care and free veterinary services for as long as they need it.
If you are concerned about the lack of response by Snohomish County/The Everett Shelter and the needs of the the dogs who will come into the shelter and perhaps not be afforded as long as possible to find an adoptive home due to the puppy mill dogs (who we would house at no charge to the county or city of Everett).

I urge you to look into this story and find out why area rescues are not being given the chance to help when it's so obviously needed.

Ask the tough questions: In these cases, when were the last inspections conducted? It takes a long time for feces to build up. Ask the media to ask the tough questions - where were the county inspectors? Show us records of inspections! We believe these were licensed kennels. Pasado's Safe Haven must carry several kennel licenses to operate. We are inspected. If a foster child were found in deplorable conditions, of course we'd look to the foster parent to blame. But the next question would be "Where was DSHS? CPS?"
5. Take a moment and write to local media: They may be able to get the answers we have not been able to get. Everyone's first priority should be the welfare of these dogs. (Kudos to the sheriff and animal control officers AND all the humane groups who ROCKED for these animals!!!)

TV Stations Newspapers

oSnohomish County Officers did a great job removing dogs from horrific conditions in Gold Bar and now Everett Shelter staff are on record stating they are overwhelmed taking care of these victims and are running low on funds.

oPasado's Safe Haven has made multiple offers to Snohomish County Officials, giving them the opportunity to allow at least some of these dogs to live in a safe and quiet community, with heated cabins, access to fresh air and free veterinary services.

oThis would also free up space for the daily influx of abandoned and surrendered animals that need shelter space, staff's attention and resources.

oAllowing Pasado's to help will give the animals and the staff relief from crowded and stressful conditions as well as to help the county off-set expenses.

[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 27 4:07 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > PLEASE HELP %)) PUPPY MILL DOGS

Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '09 4:06pm PST 
And if you dont mind me posting here also: Please please we NEED writers!!!!

TV Stations Newspapers

[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 4 10:21 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > 1500 dogs puppymill Wa. State
Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Mon Jan 26, '09 3:26pm PST 
http://www.komonews.com/news/38281439.html
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 26 3:26 pm

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.