GO!

Get Well Soon > my moneypenny 3 strokes now...what next??:-(

Moneypenny

oh mon, her says- her loves her- mom!

Barked: Fri Jan 15, '10 9:39pm PST 
well my vet says she is doing bettter that her recovery form the last stroke is improving but very slowly. i agree. very slowly! i feel so bad bc she is so unstable, this morning i let her outside to go potty and my son was in one arm, so i couldnt pick her up right at that moment to go down the 2 stairs, i had to put my son down, before i knew she attemped to do it her self. She wipe out and hit her hip on our metal out dorr furnture table. she then started to limp. she is ok now. but it is just little stuff like that. every day there is something different. when i got home today she started to trot almost into a light run. i had to stop her because she would for sure wipe out. i feel as if she cant enjoy her life?. my husband says if she has a nother one-no matter when, then that will be the time. i cant even imagine. it is so hard. she is the only dog i have ever had. i do have a son now, so at least i have him to distract me. and keep me preoccupied. thank you for that link of that artical. it was very informative.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 2 7:34 am

Get Well Soon > my moneypenny 3 strokes now...what next??:-(
Moneypenny

Barked: Thu Jan 14, '10 9:38pm PST 
my whippet she is almost 16 years old. she has had 3 strokes, the last one was about 2 weeks and the one before that was 1 year prior. She pulled right out of the last two. however this last one a couple weeks ago. she is still pretty wobbily and trips very very easily. she was in the vet for 5 days, as they were keeping her hydrated and putting some stryoid thing in her. (like they have done in the past). when she the stroke she cannot walk. her head was doing circles and eyes were too! we brought her home and she was able to walk. that was a big leap forward. but now she seams to be at an idle. still pretty clumsy. She some how tripped out side and must had ran into something because she came up to me with this huge cutt on her face. a real bad one. once again had to take her in and they put her out and put in 9 stitches in her face, right below her eye. she cant walk up or down stairs. not even to get out on the patio. the one step that it is. when she tries to lay down normally she will go in like 1 or 2 circles before laying down, now she trys to do a circle and then just falls over-half the time she lands in her bed the other she is right on the side of the bed. she doesnt seem to look at you all the way. i am really sad. even though i am saying all this stuff that is wronge with her. she still loves to eat drink cuddle sleep and to be outside. what do youthink of the situation????? i could really use some advise
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Feb 2 7:34 am

Whippet > weight of Whippets on breed description

Moneypenny

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 7:06pm PST 
my whippet her name is moneypenny she is 20 to 22 ponuds. she has always been that weight all her life/ she is almost 16 years old. she just recently had her 3rd stroke. this last one was pretyty severe. well the recovery part isnt very well. she had it about 2 ina half weeks ago. she is still rel wobbily, and when you call her, she sometimes looks all other ways except your way. and walks in circles some of the time. the last two (last one 1 year ago) she recovered 95% in like 5 to 7 days. o this last sunday she was out side for like 5 minutes- i wasnt paying much attention and she came over and had this huge gash on her face-she must have ran into something being that she is soooo wobbily and falls very easily. and had to take her to the vet and they put in 8 stitches. yeah it was really bad. i feel bad but she eats and drinks and she still likes her toys. some people tell me to put her down right now????
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 7:06 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Birthday Stroll

Moneypenny

Barked: Fri Sep 26, '08 9:13pm PST 
me too! got the email looking for my doggie...what the heck???
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , May 28 9:44 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.