Postings by Allee Oop!!!

GO!

(Page 1 of 154: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Sensitive Stomach Food that has flavor...
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 9:49pm PST 
I don't know for sure what to tell you to try based on taste bc all dogs are different and some are more picky than others. My scottie rotates between foods like Natural Balance LID diets, Taste of the Wild, Merrick grain free..and so on. She does well on those.

My bulldog has a very sensitive tummy and so far the only food that has worked for him has been NB. I plan to try Nutrisca next time bc it is a limited ingredient food that actually does not contain potatoes!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Laverne Marie, Apr 27 8:26 am

Food & Nutrition > Itchy Dog + Diarrhea = Possible Food allergies?
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 8:31pm PST 
Diarrhea sounds like food intolerance but all the other symptoms sound like atopic allergies or seasonal to me. My scottie has Atopic Allergy Dermatitis and symptoms were sores and rashes on tummy, under from legs/arms, around thighs, and biting feet. But, flea allergy can also be similar if the dog is scratching and biting mainly near the hind area.

Earthbath tea tree oil and aloe can help the itchies. Aller chlor from Drs foster and smith is a pretty good antihistimine. We put her on Comfortis for flea prevention and Atopica medicine bc her allergies were so severe.

If you are wanting to do a food trial and suspect food allergy I'd suggest something like Natural Balance LID diets, and nothing w/grains or chicken. But, if you are determined to do the TOTW I'd only do pacific stream or sierra mtn if food allergy is suspect.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Allee Oop!!!, Aug 29 8:31 pm

Dog Health > Itchy and Belly rash

Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Sun Aug 28, '11 2:49pm PST 
Yeah I re read your symptoms and Allee also has atopic dermatitis allergies and she gets spots and rashes on her tummy from this and it's worse this time of year! She also rubs face and body on carpet and so on.
We put her on Atopica medicine and it works really well.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Allee Oop!!!, Aug 28 2:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > Please help me figure out what food is best for my dogs

Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Fri Aug 26, '11 11:26am PST 
I second TOTW, you can't beat the price for the quality. Here it is 26 bucks for 15 pounds and around 40 for the large 30 lb bag.
And, yes ask Diamond about the naturals, it is better than their regular formulas.

I don't know much about mixing but I've always heard it's bad to mix bc you might not be getting a balanced diet of so much of one food and so much of another. Rotating is better to do.
But, that being said I've mixed food before. Allee's TOTW was getting low and I had a coupon and got a small bag of NB potato and duck small bites and just mixed them two together in the container.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bailey - BN, RN, CGC, Sep 28 9:37 am

Food & Nutrition > crystals in urine - hills prescription diet

Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Fri Aug 26, '11 7:14am PST 
I can totally relate to being hesitant or not ready to start raw. I am sure there are plenty of other high quality foods your dog can eat for the crytals, if meds and more H2O don't help. I know someone suggested a few to me back when Allee's urine had crytals. She eats TOTW sierra mtn or pacific stream for the most part and is fine now.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Aug 26 11:49 am

Food & Nutrition > Food Allergies... Help!
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 8:24pm PST 
I agree, I would definitely try one of Nb's LID diets first. And you have to give it time like at least 8 weeks and no treats or anything in the meantime. It's hard but will be worth it to see if it helps.
Try the sw potato and fish or bison one..Wetlands isn't a good food to do an allergy trial on. There is just too many ingredients, proteins as well as other things added in there. If I was going to try TOTW it would be the sierra mtn or pacific stream but your best bet is Natural Balance.

Also, the symptoms of biting the tail and hind area/legs is more a symptoms of flea allergy. Is this a possibility?
The symptoms of flea allergy can be excessive if the dog has a severe allery to their saliva like Allee Oop does. She was diagnosed in 2006 and I didn't even believe the vet bc I never saw a flea on her. Her back legs were bald from the biting and scratching and sure enough after being on flea prevention a couple of months the hair grew back in.
Check the tummy, are there any sores or scabs? Rashes? etc?
Dogs w/flea allergy typically don't have many fleas and sometimes you won't find any bc they are so picky about grooming themselves whereas you can have a dog not allergic even if it's covered in fleas.

To give her some relief you could try Earthbath Tea Tree Oil and Aloe shampoo, aller chlor antihisimine from Dr Foster and Smith.

Also discontinue supplements during the food trial. A lot of them have soy which can be a common allergen.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Allee Oop!!!, Aug 25 8:24 pm

Dog Health > The itchy scratchies

Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 8:29am PST 
Look at this thread on page 3 and I posted pics when Allee's allergies were so bad last yr.

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Dog_Health/thread/701429
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Allee Oop!!!, Aug 25 8:29 am

Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 8:24am PST 
It's an immune supressant type drug that suppresses the immune response to allergens.
I don't know a lot other than what I have read online.
It is kinda costly to start and is based on weight. For Allee 15 pills cost around 30 bucks. The first month the dog has to take it daily and then the next month every other day. But, month three the ideal scenerio would be only having to take it 2 times a week. And, for Allee she was able to get down to that in the winter. She just started needing it more often this summer.

There are some side effects but to me aren't as risky as getting prednisone all the time and other meds like that. And, I hated putting her on steroids and noticed side effects on it whereas on Atopica I haven't noticed anything. I am sure as with all meds there may be long term risks but she was absolutely miserable before the medicine so I would much rather see her happy even with some risks.

I first found out about it when my mother's scottie also had severe allergies and nearly went bald. She put him on it and he got all better within a few months.
I know with Allee her mood even improved on it, I guess bc she felt better in general.
She has severe flea allergy as well and is on Comfortis for prevention.

You can try other options first. Like for our bulldog we give him Raw Apple Cider Vinegar on his food daily and it helped a lot. But, Allee hates the ACV and won't go near it no matter what.
I think Atopica is great for dogs that have severe allergies and when the owners have tried other options and remedies.

Google: Atopic Dermatis symtoms and see if he has them!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Allee Oop!!!, Aug 25 8:29 am

Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Wed Aug 24, '11 11:53pm PST 
Allee has Atopic dermatitis allergies and was diagnosed last year..it was this same time of year when she started to get really bad. Ripping hair out, sores, scabs, and so on.
We did bloodwork and tried at home remedies, pred, and so on. I finally opted to put her on Atopica. It is kinda costly but I get it cheaper on Drs Foster and Smith and on the months that her allergies aren't as bad she gets by fine with just one or two a week.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Allee Oop!!!, Aug 25 8:29 am

Dog Health > Itchy and Belly rash
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Tue Aug 23, '11 10:01am PST 
It most likely is the flea allergy, Allee has this. Try Comfortis for prevention, it has really helped her.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Allee Oop!!!, Aug 28 2:49 pm

(Page 1 of 154: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.