GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Senior Dogs > Balling up rugs?
Joker

Adopt a shelter- dog!

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 10:09am PST 
Joker does the same thing with one of the rugs in the spare bedroom. He balls it up and leaves it. He has done this occasionally for the past 5 years now. I have no idea why but I find it pretty funny.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 3:24 am

Choosing the Right Dog > A Dog For My Parents
Joker

Adopt a shelter- dog!

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '07 8:29am PST 
They need to go to a shelter to find an adult dog to suit their lifestyle. A puppy sounds like the last thing they need.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Jul 18 3:53 pm

Food & Nutrition > What Kibble Do You Feed?

Joker

Adopt a shelter- dog!

Barked: Sat May 26, '07 8:12pm PST 
I eat Innova mixed with Canidae or Solid Gold. I really like Nutro Natural Choice Large breed but my mom doesn't want to feed me it anymore because of the recalls... even though Nutro kibbles weren't in the recall, she is still concerned.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Jul 22 7:55 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY?

Joker

Adopt a shelter- dog!

Barked: Thu May 24, '07 8:31pm PST 
Joker was $125 as a 10 week old puppy from an animal shelter. That included the neuter, his shots, frontline for the month and heartguard for the month plus a bag of the food he was on and a leash and collar. He's an awesome dog and truly a one of a kind. I would never go to a breeder or a pet store. There are way too many animals being euthanized every minute because they have no homes.
[notify]
» There has since been 209 posts. Last posting by , Aug 23 7:51 pm

Dog Health > Declawing a dog????

Joker

Adopt a shelter- dog!

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 7:46am PST 
Declawing a cat OR a dog is barbaric. They both involve amputation of part of the toe. The US is the only country who accepts the declawing of cats, people in Europe are shocked we allow such things over here.

On a side note, I've seen people request their dog's teeth be removed because of a dog being nippy which is also absolutely cruel.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , May 8 3:01 pm

Food & Nutrition > RAW:vomit
Joker

Adopt a shelter- dog!

Barked: Mon May 7, '07 8:24pm PST 
If the mucous continues, it can be a sign of whipworms. Whipworms are rarely seen in feces but mucous is a common indication. But it's probably nothing.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 9 1:02 am

Food & Nutrition > FOOD FOR OVERWEIGHT DOGS!?!

Joker

Adopt a shelter- dog!

Barked: Sat May 27, '06 5:43pm PST 
I understand your concern, I would be worried about kidney or heart problems too. He gets long walks multiple times a day and I have cut back on all treats. He goes back to the vet for a recheck in 3 months. They even did a thyroid panel on him and it was all fine so he's just overweight.. Nutro Ultra makes a weight management food that is pretty good, might be worth a try.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 30 5:03 pm

Food & Nutrition > rotating foods- are these good choices??????

Joker

Adopt a shelter- dog!

Barked: Fri May 26, '06 8:23pm PST 
That's true, some dogs can't handle changes to their food. Two of my dogs are great with it and love to eat different high quality foods and haven't had any problems with it. But my other dog just gets Wellness because I don't think she would be ok with change. It all depends on the dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 26 11:05 pm

Food & Nutrition > Why do vets do this?

Joker

Adopt a shelter- dog!

Barked: Thu May 25, '06 7:15pm PST 
I wouldn't trust any vet who recommends Purina, Iams or Eukanuba. California Natural is a great food and as you stated, the problems started before you switched.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 25 7:15 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How much did you pay?
Joker

Adopt a shelter- dog!

Barked: Thu May 25, '06 6:32pm PST 
All 3 of my dogs were adopted from the same no-kill shelter in IL.
Joker was $145 in 2003, Roxy was $200 in 2005. They were both adopted as young puppies so their fees were higher than adult dogs. Apple was 1 year old and she $125 in 2006.

Included in the adoption fee:
Spay/neuter
Bag of Science Diet
Leash
Collar
Vaccinations
Heartworm test
Flea/tick treatment
Deworming
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by , Aug 16 11:20 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.