Postings by Freckles

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Choosing the Right Dog > All dogs have wolf in them. At least 50%
Freckles

More than ONE, I- will herd!

Barked: Tue Jul 6, '10 10:04am PST 
Kaya has a point, Freckles is 80% Wookie, she makes those Chewbaca noises constantly, these days you just don't know what you're getting when you adopt.

Total crap shoot.

Now my cat Daisy that is missing her tail, looooves to knead, really truly enjoy it. Many cat lovers will tell you that this is in the nature of the 'domestic short hair' but do not be fooled.
Some cats are part Julia Child! big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jul 8 6:48 pm

Behavior & Training > Dogs without an off switch?
Freckles

Barked: Thu Jun 3, '10 8:49am PST 
ACD's. ACD's. ACD's.laugh out loud
Always.
Super velcro'y and love to herd everything. Thankfully, she herded the cat back in last week.
Awesome dogs but they are so 'on' that sometimes I think she's neurotic. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 5 4:12 am

Australian Cattle Dog > Possible dog for a novice owner?

Freckles

Barked: Wed Jun 2, '10 5:54am PST 
Oy! BOL!!!
With Freck's what I have experienced is a very strong willed, extremely devoted and intelligent dog that is always 'on'.
She learns very quickly, does like to herd everything and I seem to be 'her person', I move, she moves. She needs clear commands and they have to be reinforced sometimes. Example, I want her to lie down, but she is focused on the fact that the cat is on me, sometimes this takes a few commands and it is challenging.
That said...last week, one of my cats got out and Freck's noticed it and long story short she herded her back in before she ever reached the fence. She knew the cat didn't belong outside, it was crazy to watch her herd the cat and move her closer to the door with each move.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Jul 29 11:12 pm

Behavior & Training > A GOOD Cattle Dog! Momma's Proud!

Freckles

Barked: Fri May 28, '10 12:32pm PST 
Thanks Lucille and Stella Blue! She really did keep her safe. My other 3 dogs where standing there like 'what's she doing out here?' and just watched the show.
I underestimate her sometimes. But those heelers/collies are such great dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Freckles, May 28 12:32 pm

Freckles

Barked: Fri May 28, '10 10:29am PST 
wavewave Thanks boys!!!!!!

She used to keep her pups in a tight formation in the yard, I don't know why I'm so surprised that she did it with the cat. I guess cause she made her go IN. IDK, it was just WEIRD but GREAT.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Freckles, May 28 12:32 pm

Freckles

Barked: Fri May 28, '10 9:40am PST 
Thanks Turner! Still giving Freck's hugs and I think I'll pick her up a nice frisbee on the way home today! Watching her was awesome!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Freckles, May 28 12:32 pm

Freckles

Barked: Fri May 28, '10 8:24am PST 
I usually post under my boy Frank...wave
But I also have my girl Freckle's and I'm so proud of her! She's always herding the cats, and this can annoy my older cat my young little crazy cat, thinks it's a game.
Anyhow, the cats are NOT allowed outside. I would freak if they got out! And last evening while I was letting the dogs out, little Miz Daisy Duke, snuck out between my legs unnoticed and when I did see her I screamed her name which caused her to make a dash for it!
Low and behold Freckles was on top of it! It was incredibly funny to watch because Daisy is really fast but Freckles actually herded her and kept her from reaching the fence. It was like watching a car chase and it was so fast, every move she (Freckles) made brought Daisy closer to the porch and before I knew it, Freckles was hot on her tail and Daisy was crossing the threshold with Freckle's nose right at her butt!
I have never been so glad to have Freckles around!!! If she would have hopped over the fence on one side there are two Mastiff's and a Lab that I KNOW hate cats and on the other, Greyhounds that I don't think would welcomed her.

ETA: I'm always proud of Freck's but last night she got a LOT of extra kisses for not letting Daisy Duke get away! kissing
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Freckles, May 28 12:32 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > "Handler devoted" breeds.

Freckles

Barked: Fri May 21, '10 10:10am PST 
Shayne is right about the heeler/ACD being very drivey and pushy and high intesity. I have to tell Frecks when to lay down, because she will watch me forever and not turn off even if I'm watching TV, she will stand on the other side of the table and if she gets tired, place her chin on it but ears still alert.
High devotion and focus and they really need exercise, if not running, a lot of time with a ball or frisbee, some sort of agility if they are not working. But their focus is so much on you and their intelligence is fantastic. They are not for everyone, a bored one could be a disaster.

I really love this dog very much.
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Gunner, May 25 12:44 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What dogs are for you next

Freckles

Barked: Tue May 18, '10 9:04am PST 
Hi Savvy, the Australian CD is soooo cool! But be ready for a major velcro dog!
Mine follows me everywhere, has energy like CRAZY and is super focused on herding everything! They are super smart though!
-Franks mom
[notify]
» There has since been 62 posts. Last posting by Gunner, Jul 5 12:10 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Please help Freckles find a home...
Freckles

Barked: Wed May 5, '10 12:45pm PST 
Freckles is a cutie, I hope he gets a home soon...Love from Frank and the Freckles in OUR crew!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Freckles, May 5 12:45 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.