Postings by Parker

GO!

(Page 1 of 93: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > How much do you pay for Orijen?
Parker

Canine Executive- Officer

Barked: Wed May 13, '09 10:47am PST 
All I'm saying is that CHAMPION HAS NOT INCREASED THE PRICE OF ORIJEN. Just because your retailer increased the price doesn't mean there was a wide spread increase.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Uno, May 15 1:23 pm

Food & Nutrition > How much do you pay for Orijen?
Parker

Barked: Tue May 12, '09 9:45am PST 
Prices haven't gone up this year. I should know, I sell a LOT of Orijen. The Minimum Allowable Pricing for 30lbs of Orijen Adult is $61.99 and has been since last year.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Uno, May 15 1:23 pm

Raw Food Diet > Small Breeds on Raw....

Parker

Barked: Thu Apr 23, '09 4:43pm PST 
My dogs are all around your size. I'm more of a "feed the right stuff over time" kind of feeder and don't have a strict schedule. Bone wise, my dogs can do both turkey and chicken bones quite well. Venison, goat, pork necks (sparingly, they make Jack Jack gassy) and bravo grinds are also bones they do well with. Organ wise, they LOVE kidney. They'll do ANYTHING for kidney!

Why the veggies? What other meats have you tried? how often are you giving him meaty meat?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Sophie, May 1 8:59 am

Raw Food Diet > What did you feed before raw?

Parker

Barked: Wed Apr 22, '09 7:47pm PST 
Parker was my first dog ever and started out on Purina ONE Puppy. I thought it was GREAT that his "breeder" (term I use loosely) had him on Purina ONE because that's what my cats ate. Parker was a sickly puppy, and we switched from that to Royal Canin, various veterinary diets, then to Evo (he did decently on Evo), Merrick canned (after he had baby teeth pulled, did pretty decently on it), then finally to raw and we're never going back!

My cats went from Purina ONE to Innova Evo, then through various grain frees (Orijen, Instinct, Indigo Moon, etc)/ good quality canned until I could get them all to switch to raw.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by , Apr 25 3:35 pm

Behavior & Training > Changing from potty outside to litter pan?

Parker

Barked: Wed Apr 22, '09 7:40pm PST 
Bella is WAY too tiny to expect to be house broken! She's only 2-3lbs, correct? I'm Mocha Bear's friend that uses an indoor dog potty. My dogs are trained to use Pup Head Portable Dog Potty .

With that I have not had any problems with them peeing anywhere else inside. I live on the 24th floor of a high rise, and getting outside can take anywhere from 5-11 minutes depending on the elevator situation. Parker likes to pee at night and Bebe, a puppy mill rescue, waits until she's about to burst to ask to go outside and then would end up having accidents by the elevator. Bebe wasn't house broken and was just out of the puppy mill when I got her last year, and without the Pup Head I don't know if she'd be housebroken yet. Both she and Parker (Jack Jack won't use the Pup Head, he can hold it for 14 hrs+) know to use it when they're inside and how to ask to go outside other places.

One of my favorite things about the pup head is that it looks and feels like grass. That way they have an easier time generalizing between using that and going outside.

What housebreaking methods are you using for Bella? The Umbilical Cord Method, where the dog is always on leash attached to you is what got Parker housebroken. He LIVED on leash (supervised, of course, in a crate when not supervised) until he was a year old just to make sure he was proofed. Persistence is key.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Yogi, Apr 23 7:10 am

Food & Nutrition > wellness vs. solid gold
Parker

Barked: Sun Apr 19, '09 6:51pm PST 
Fromm Whitefish & Potato might be a good option to look into. I have lots of customers on it and they're doing really well!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Frankie, Apr 20 4:38 am

Choosing the Right Dog > looking to be a mommy soon, calling all pomeranian lovers

Parker

Barked: Thu Apr 16, '09 2:26pm PST 
LOL Want one? Sometimes they're so snuggly I'm like "LEAVE ME ALONE! 3 FOOT SPACE BUBBLE PLZ!" Probably doesn't help I'm with them pretty much 24/7!

ET for spelling!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 21 2:07 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > looking to be a mommy soon, calling all pomeranian lovers

Parker

Barked: Thu Apr 16, '09 2:15pm PST 
I have 3 Poms, so I know a little about the breed!

They're VERY, VERY intelligent. Like scary intelligent. Parker knows most of his toys by name and even has his own "language." One noise means "I have to go potty!", a different one means "I'm wild! Let's play!", another means "I'm bored and need something to dooo!". They're not barks, just "Rawrerear" kind of noises. Learning what each one meant took some learning on my part! Parker even invented his own way to ask to go outside. We call it the "circle dance"- he goes to the door and pivots in a full circle around his front legs while going "uurrr ugh! urr ugh!" Parker has excelled in obedience and agility classes and enjoys a challenge. He loves puzzle toys, hide and go seek with treats... Keeping him mentally stimulated is VERY IMPORTANT.

Parker was the only one I've had since puppyhood and was difficult to house train. Not his fault, though- he was a sickly puppy and constantly had diarrhea. From about 11 weeks he was housebroken to not pee in the house. Jack-Jack and Bebe Belle were puppy mill rescues- Jack-Jack took to housebreaking immediately, Bebe it took longer.

Grooming wise, I brush them between every day and every few days- depends on what activities they've been doing, if their coat is growing, etc. Parker gets bathed weekly (due to allergies) but Bebe and Jack-Jack only get baths once a month to every 6 weeks. I groom Parker and Jack-Jack myself, and trim their paws and sanitary area every 2-3 weeks. It only takes a few minutes. Bebe's hair is more difficult to deal with (thank you, puppy mill!) so she goes to the groomer every 6 weeks. I clean up her paws in between groomings.

One thing people don't relize about Poms is their need for EXERCISE!! Sure, they're little, but they're related to working dogs and like to work! My dogs would happily walk for 2-3 hours a day. Well, Parker and Bebe would... Jack-Jack is lazy. They're happy to go out in any weather, too. Parker's motto is "the worse the weather, the more fun it is!" My Poms aren't big barkers, but if they go a day or two without exercise they become barkers! I always tell people they may be small and fluffy, but they're REAL DOGS and need to be treated as such.

I don't know what Kahuna is talking about them not being snuggly... My three are!...To a fault sometimes! Sometimes I need my space! Parker started out being more "I'll come to you for petting when I want, but I'm really more interested in just being near you" but has grown into a sweet, affectionate little man. Jack-Jack would be happy if he were surgically attached to me. They're very friendly with strangers, other dogs and children.

They're not for everyone, though. If you don't want a smart dog, an energetic dog, an out going dog... They're not for you.

All in all, they're a great breed and I'll never not have one... or three. They're smart, like to be active and friendly. Feel free to pmail me if you have any specific questions!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Apr 21 2:07 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > biology class...

Parker

Barked: Tue Mar 31, '09 7:13pm PST 
Yep, Miss, we are attack Pomeranians! Attack you with KISSES!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011), Apr 5 11:45 am

Dog Health > Luxating Patella
Parker

Barked: Tue Mar 31, '09 5:05am PST 
Two of my Poms have had the surgery. Yes, it's a tough, expensive surgery but afterwords they're completely normal and happy.

If you want to re-home your pup, please pmail me. I know of a great rescue not far from you that would find her a fantastic home.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tanuk CGC , Mar 31 11:20 am

(Page 1 of 93: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.